PDA

View Full Version : Two things and possibly more

thefarmer
04-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Two things now.

Anyone interested can send an IM to FarmerVivaldi, email to play.net or PM me.

1) a weathered oilcloth cloak

Time has not been kind to this cloak. The oilcloth is worn and scuffed, looking as if it had seen a thousand storms in its lifetime. One section of the hem has begun to fray, and the clasp ties are looking much worse for the wear.

The cloak acts like a gold ring and is unable to be taken back by the chronomages (IE unnavvable), instead the cloak will take 75% of your spirit at about the same chance that a normal gold ring will be taken back.

Setting the cloak:
You tap your cloak. Magic ripples through your body for a moment, then stops.
XXX taps his cloak. The essence ripples for a moment, then is still.

Transporting:

You pull your cloak closely around your body.
As the cloak settles about you, you feel your body turn buoyant and shimmer into a thousand motes of light! After an eyeblink of dizzying flight, the sparks coalesce, forming your body once again.
XXX pulls his cloak closely around his body.
As the cloak settles about XXX, his body shimmers into a thousand motes of light! After a moment, the light is gone.
(leaving)

A thousand motes of light whirl into the room, coalescing into XXX.
(arriving)

Spirit Drain:
You pull your cloak closely around your body.
As the cloak settles about you, you feel waves of searing magic rip through your body. "Knowledge is never without a price, XXX," says an old man's voice in your head, "and often, that price is a piece of your soul." Agony engulfs you as your body explodes into a thousand motes of light!
Note:Even with the spirit drain, it still returns you to the place that the cloak was last set at, just minus the spirit.

-Weighs under 2lbs and is non-pocketed. There might be more scripts, but it's currently on loan to a friend right now and I'll have them check.

MB: Offers at the moment

2) some heavy blue steel half plate armor

The metal armor is adorned with an elegant set of burnished leather pauldrons. The blazon on the left pauldron is hidden beneath a black crest. The right pauldron is expertly tooled with a stylized image of a fierce cockatrice ready to strike.

4x, half plate
-So add a head/neck covering helm and you have full body coverage with a slightly lower CVA compared to full plate that the TD booster can help with.

Enhancive
+5 to 2hd ranks
+5 to Polearm ranks
+5 to Stamina recovery
+3 to TD
56lbs

-Snakestone pauldrons, the kind that can display your last name on one and a different crest on the other. And as some may or may not know, the GM behind Snakestone is gone, so it remains to be seen whether or not another GM will offer these scripts again.

You slap lightly at the right pauldron of your metal armor.
s>l armo
The metal armor is adorned with an elegant set of burnished leather pauldrons. The blazon on the left pauldron is hidden beneath a black crest. The right pauldron is expertly tooled with a stylized image of a fierce cerebus ready to strike.
You slap lightly at the right pauldron of your metal armor.
s>l armo
The metal armor is adorned with an elegant set of burnished leather pauldrons. The blazon on the left pauldron is hidden beneath a black crest. The right pauldron is expertly tooled with a stylized image of a fierce phoenix ready to strike.

-Few scripts I found from fiddling with it.
You work your way into some heavy blue steel half plate armor, buckling and tightening the multitude of straps and buckles.

You brush the accumulated dust and grime off the pauldrons of your metal armor, the cockatrice gleaming regally on the right pauldron.

You thump the metal breastplate of your armor, glaring around at your surroundings.

-Fully charged, so I can't post about the BP cost.
Duane takes your armor and peers at it through a large green crystal lens. Duane says, "I believe your armor is already fully charged."

MB: 17M

3) Sold

thefarmer
04-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Bump

thefarmer
04-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Added the cloak

StrayRogue
04-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Were those enhansives added using premium points?

thefarmer
04-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Were those enhansives added using premium points?

Nope.

Belnia
04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Check your email.

Durgrimst
04-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Price check on the cloak please.

Makkah
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
That armor is pretty awesome... can we get a rough estimate of offers so far?

thefarmer
04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
That armor is pretty awesome... can we get a rough estimate of offers so far?

No one's made an offer yet. They just ask me what I want or are looking to get.

Makkah
04-13-2008, 08:13 PM
...and your response is?

thefarmer
04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
...and your response is?

I'm taking offers on all the items?

I don't have a set price if that's what you're asking. It's hard to price items when there's very few items to compare them to.

Sthrockmorton
04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm interested in this, but am curious what you're hoping for price-wise, it might be a bit out of my range.

If you're comfortable with it, could you toss me an idea of what you're hoping for on it?

-Steve / Player of Kontii

thefarmer
04-13-2008, 08:41 PM
After talking with someone over IM's it looks like I need to do some further testing on the cloak as far as what happens at spirit drain and where it drops you off when it happens, and if it resets like a normal gold ring.

So I'll be testing it (since the spiritdrain hasn't happened yet) so any potential buyers will be aware.

Durgrimst
04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I am also interested in the cloak, a price range would be appreciated because I have no idea what to bid on it.

dszabo
04-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Can the armor be padded via PPs?

thefarmer
04-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Updated cloak info

thefarmer
04-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Can the armor be padded via PPs?

Unfortunately not. The TD adder takes the slot that the padding would. However I can provide this bit of info.

You remove an alterer's scroll from in your canvas longcoat.
>pcalc enchant
You have 3300 points available.
It will cost 3100 points to enchant some heavy blue steel half plate armor.
There may be a 1000 point surcharge due to this being a scripted item.
All point costs are estimates until Sadie has a chance to examine the item. Some items may have restrictions that will not allow certain services.

septus
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
After talking with someone over IM's it looks like I need to do some further testing on the cloak as far as what happens at spirit drain and where it drops you off when it happens, and if it resets like a normal gold ring.

So I'll be testing it (since the spiritdrain hasn't happened yet) so any potential buyers will be aware.

So does this take 75% of your current spirit, or max spirit?

Lord Nelek
04-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Does that cloak take up the cloak worn spot? The ones on the test server did not.

Khariz
04-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Does that cloak take up the cloak worn spot? The ones on the test server did not.

That's something I have been wondering too. DAmn cloak spot is taken up by DB on me.

eulogia
04-14-2008, 04:12 PM
So does this take 75% of your current spirit, or max spirit?

I registered just to answer this question...

I own this cloak in Plat and, yes, it drains 75% or so of your MAXIMUM spirit, not current spirit. So spirit death is possible, I've triggered it myself through extensive testing. I can report what I know anecdotally from playing with the cloak a lot and pushing it to its limits with level 0 alts... it will drain your spirit pretty much at the same rate a gold ring will. But it is much harder to get it to drain you to spirit death. The numbers aren't exact, but if the cloak drained my spirit once out of every 20 uses when I was at maximum spirit, it took upwards of 200 uses after that to get it to drain me to decay.

So overall I'd say the cloak is much less likely to drain you if it will lead to spirit death, but it can happen, making it a dicey item for COL members leaving the hunting field. However, Voln and Sunfisters can use it with impunity.

The cloak has special messaging when it drains you, and another special message when it drains you to spirit death. It also has a fantastic lorelong that drains the spirit of the bard singing it, and indicates its Fash'lo'nae based origins.

-E

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Where'd it come from? I thought only two of these cloaks were released ever.

dszabo
04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Then sell your cloak to Brielus Khariz! LOL Brielus and his dbs.

AestheticDeath
04-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Just to clarify on the cloak since Vivaldi is an elusive weirdo. He apparently doesn't care to sell it.

He is looking for rare or unique trades.

I offered 25m, he said Tsin offered something worth more in trade. But doesn't like the trade enough to do it yet.

So his post should read, "Go rummage through your storage closets for some awesome stuff, and try to beat Tsin's secret trade offer." He would not disclose even a rough value on Tsin's trade to give me a chance to outbid.

I think the ring versions with a single setting, are worth 25-30m. I offered the lower value since you can apparently kill yourself with it.

NocturnalRob
04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I think the ring versions with a single setting, are worth 25-30m. I offered the lower value since you can apparently kill yourself with it.

and it takes up a cloak spot

Belnia
04-14-2008, 05:57 PM
The rings also have boring old plain messaging. This says, "Holy crap, look at me, I'M SPECIAL!"

AestheticDeath
04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
The single use rings sure, almost any other unnavable transport has scripted messaging. And just as nifty, not to mention... more settings.

It is a neat item, but once you get past a certain value, I would just rather pay extra for a multi-setting item.

eulogia
04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
The single use rings sure, almost any other unnavable transport has scripted messaging. And just as nifty, not to mention... more settings.

It is a neat item, but once you get past a certain value, I would just rather pay extra for a multi-setting item.

It's also a fantastic RP item for someone with a Fash'lo'nae bent or who has a grudge against the Navigators / Chronomages, since the cloak's conceit is it transports you without their power, but 'for a price.'

thefarmer
04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Just to clarify on the cloak since Vivaldi is an elusive weirdo. He apparently doesn't care to sell it.

He is looking for rare or unique trades.

I offered 25m, he said Tsin offered something worth more in trade. But doesn't like the trade enough to do it yet.

So his post should read, "Go rummage through your storage closets for some awesome stuff, and try to beat Tsin's secret trade offer." He would not disclose even a rough value on Tsin's trade to give me a chance to outbid.

Since apparently I need to clarify both for AE's sake, I'll paste what I told him.

AestheticDeath (5:32:07 PM): you gonna set a value to it? so other people can outbid?
AestheticDeath (5:32:27 PM): or what is he offering in trade
FarmerVivaldi (5:33:30 PM): I really can't give a value to tsin's because I'd be trading the cloak and coins for something of his
FarmerVivaldi (5:33:46 PM): and other than your 25m offer that's it
AestheticDeath (5:33:55 PM): so his offer is secret?
AestheticDeath (5:34:03 PM): but worth more then mine?
FarmerVivaldi (5:34:22 PM): yes, his is worth more than yours
FarmerVivaldi (5:34:28 PM): I think it's fair to keep his offer private

and

AestheticDeath (5:39:21 PM): If coins would suffice, is there a price you have in mind?
FarmerVivaldi (5:40:55 PM): honestly, I have no idea
FarmerVivaldi (5:41:11 PM): it's up because I do that occasionally
FarmerVivaldi (5:42:55 PM): I don't particuarly need anything at this point, but you never know what's out there unless you ask, and I find that this way is better than saying "I'm looking for interesting toys"
AestheticDeath (5:43:18 PM): So you are not really trying to get rid of it. I will stop asking and offering then.
FarmerVivaldi (5:45:12 PM): I'm not trying to sell it cheap, nor do I need to sell it to raise coins. If someone wants to offer me something I'll consider it.
FarmerVivaldi (5:45:18 PM): Take that for what you will

I see nothing "elusive" about anything I've done. It's clearly stated in this thread that I'm taking offers on the items. Plenty of items have been offered up like this, I see no reason why this is any different. There is no coin price range set because I don't have one.

If a price range is that important then the best I can come up with is more than 25m in coins.

thefarmer
04-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Festival bump!

thefarmer
04-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Fal sold, added price on the armor

thefarmer
04-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Bump

thefarmer
04-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Forgot to mention I got it lightened bump