PDA

View Full Version : Birth Cotrol Pills(Men may want to avoid)

GSLeloo
12-20-2003, 06:35 PM
I know it's stupid to bring medical problems to the boards but I want to see if anyone else has had this same problem. I have been on the birth control pill since October 2002. By last August the pills were acting odd, I was having my period come two weeks before and last for several weeks at a time. I went to the doctor and was switched to a hisher dosage. That seemed to be ok (only going off when I was forgetting to take it) but now I have been totally on schedule and it came a week and a half before it was supposed to.

Has anyone else ever had a pill do this to you?

Weedmage Princess
12-20-2003, 06:41 PM
It's common for the pill to cause your period to be irregular. Hell, some women just get it irregular whether they're on the pill or not. I don't think it's anything to panic over...unless uh..it's actually different when you get it (I'm trying not to go into details here cause even though you've warned the men to stay out I'm sure some poor soul is going to read this anyway..heh.) But what I mean basically is how long it lasts, and things of that nature. Drop me a line at Bogus Princess if you want, I can go into detail more in IMs..heh.

GSLeloo
12-20-2003, 07:06 PM
I was put on the pill because I have a condition called PCO which caused me to have my period like twice a year. But it seems like my body is maybe fighting the pills or something and trying to not be regular. As I just said to Weedmage in IMs, my cramps are actually worse after starting them than they were before.

HarmNone
12-20-2003, 07:10 PM
As I understand it, it can take several months of taking the pill for your body to get accustomed to it. During that time, irregularity is not unusual. If you do not take the pill regularly, as prescribed, it prolongs the time it takes for your body to adjust.

If you take the pill regularly, without mistakes, for several months and still have problems, your doctor may try changing the brand or type of protection to something that will work better for you. In the meantime, there is no danger that I am aware of that is associated with the irregularity.

HarmNone

Kurapira
12-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Fuck the pill already, get the patch. It's easier. I have done the pill, you are human. You forget to take it at the exact same time every damn day. Don't do the shot! Seriously, don't! I can explain it to you in detail over AIM if you want. Just message.

Weedmage Princess
12-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Members viewing this page: Gemstone101, Weedmage Princess

LOL I knew some guy would read this ANYWAY despite the warning!

Parkbandit
12-20-2003, 07:36 PM
These posts should be pulled and warnings issued.

Repeat after me.. we will NOT discuss lady cycles on this message board.

GSLeloo
12-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Nuh uh Parkbandit! I had a warning right at the top that guys shouldn't read. Besides, we barely went into any detail at all.

Tendarian
12-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Don't do the shot! Seriously, don't! I can explain it to you in detail over AIM if you want.

My step daughter is on the shot and has zero problems. Like every 3 months or something like that and it worked great apparently.

GSLeloo
12-20-2003, 07:56 PM
I just have to say that right now my cramps are so bad that I feel like throwing up. Honestly, they make it sound like the miracle pill. It helps prevent breast cancer, clears your skin, regulates your period, makes your period shorter and with less cramps. Yet I seem to break that because mine are worse...

Xcalibur
12-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Shot = provera depot?

that stuff is evil, if so

PoppycockTheFool
12-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Has anyone tried Lunelle? It's a once a month shot and I'm just wondering how effective it is? Something my doc mentioned last year when I told him about my nasty cramps.

Drew2
12-21-2003, 10:01 AM
CHICKEN IN A BASKET

Overlord
12-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Meh depo provera obliterated my exs sex drive and sent her chemicals awol. Its good for some bad for others. And whats the deal with that implant? One of my lady friends has it and err claims it works pretty dman good. Dunno i loved not having to worry about sheathin up lol That and the sex (on the odd occasion it actually occured) was typically great.

Weedmage Princess
12-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Wow I'm really amazed at how many men know stuff about the pill, etc.

Overlord
12-22-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Wow I'm really amazed at how many men know stuff about the pill, etc.

Whos the "Many" I see no "Many" Besides I'm sure we don't want to seriously discuss it anyway... though to reiterate a previous question...Any of you women heard of that implant i was mentioning?

Satira
12-22-2003, 12:10 AM
Yes, I've heard of it. I believe it would be called Norplant. It can last up to five years. Some women have it and are completely fine on it, and others want to climb the walls. The problem is ALL birth controls effect each woman differently. We all have different hormones levels, so it isn't going to be the same for everyone. It's a trial and error thing. Girls don't want to believe that, but it's true.

Weedmage Princess
12-22-2003, 12:32 AM
I said "how many" not "many" ::kick:: smartass.

But I'm surprised even one guy here knew anything about this stuff..most guys I know are like "Oh shit..if you take that, does that mean your hormones are gonna go haywire and I should stay away?"

Moist Happenings
12-22-2003, 12:29 PM
OMG DAINA U DO NOT HAVE A BLOOD DISORDER U R JUST LOOKING FOR ATTENTION!!!!!11

::cough:: Anyway,

Loo, my ex used to have a problem like that when she was on the pill. It caused her to be completely irregular almost every month, when she was just fine when she was off the pill. If you want I can ask her what she did to fix it, because I know she doesn't have the problem anymore.

Czeska
12-22-2003, 01:12 PM
I tried the patch, and found it annoying. After 3 days, not to mention 3 weeks, it looked like a dirty bandaid. I mean, ew. No matter how much one showers, it collects fuzz from your clothes and things.
My doc told me if you have mood swings on the pill stay the F away from the shot.
And the implants are only good if you want to either A - not have kids for a few years, or B - get your arm cut open (however mildly, ugh) to get them put in and taken out again.

Some folks like the ring too.. in for 3 weeks, out for 1. I tried that too, but I can remember a pill a day when they're by my bed easier than I can "has it been 2 weeks? 4 weeks?". And he'll feel it, btw. Just so you know.