PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Warding Deficiency

Rathgar
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Ok, so I'm really curious. What is the average discrepency of spirit warding between say a giantman warrior or warrioress and a like level'd caster mob? Say the warrioress in question is using plate armor. No spells. Just plain.

Now how does this discrepency compare to a self spelled pure or semi?

Baelog
04-08-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm a Level 47 Giantman Warrior in Half Plate armor, and even with Spirit Warding I and Spirit Warding II, I've been warded by Level 45 Ice Wraiths.

Rathgar
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes but did the Ice Wraiths roll 100's or what? What was the frequency that they got you?

Baelog
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Unlike a lot of other people, I don't actually keep logs of me running around with critters. The fact is, there CS is still higher than my TD and I just turned 48 not too long ago. I just attribute my Half Plate saving my ass most of the time

Baelog
04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Anyway, since I'm dicking around in Mammoths, I figured I'd let a Wraith take a CS shot at me, so I got this little clip of it

An ice wraith points a ghostly finger at you!
CS: +227 - TD: +186 + CvA: -20 + d100: +99 == +120
Warding failed!
CS: +227 - TD: +186 + CvA: -20 + d100: +4 == +25
Warded off!
R>
A wooly mammoth leans slowly to her left and then her right.

A wooly mammoth lumbers south, trumpeting in pain.
R>wtr app wrai
A major glacei strikes at you!
In the nick of time, you interpose your vultite tower shield between yourself and the attack!
>
An ice wraith gestures arcanely.
>
The ice wraith is medium in size, about six feet high in her current state, appears to be of hardy constitution, is in a neutral stance, and is in relatively good shape.
You think you'd have a slight advantage over the ice wraith.

So yeah, I can still get warded by them on higher rolls, luckily there fear (I believe that was the spell) takes two warding fails

Silvanostar
04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
my ranger at 62, selfcast, brig:
std is 274
etd is a lot lower 246

Rathgar
04-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Hrm, but I wonder how a warrior your level compares to you. Definetly not as good, but is it too far off?

SpiffyJr
04-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, 101/107/120/625 off. Maybe 613, but I thought that was only physical DS.

Sylvan Dreams
04-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Ok, so I'm really curious. What is the average discrepency of spirit warding between say a giantman warrior or warrioress and a like level'd caster mob? Say the warrioress in question is using plate armor. No spells. Just plain.

Now how does this discrepency compare to a self spelled pure or semi?

This is speaking purely from my own experience and from scenarios that I can duplicate right now. I am including the disclaimer that I cannot speak for all creatures/caster types, spell circles, levels, etc.

Without spells and in unenchanted armor, said warrior is going to be hit 100% of the time (or very close to) hunting like level.

In the same scenario, against a PC, they will be hit 100% of the time by the primary circle. They will still probably be hit the vast majority of the time against secondary and terciary circles.

With spells, against creatures, you have a chance. Once you are in a spellburst area, you will not likely ever be at the point where you are 100% safe from spells.

With spells, against a pure, you just wasted your time and resources spelling up. They will hit you.

Rathgar
04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
This is speaking purely from my own experience and from scenarios that I can duplicate right now. I am including the disclaimer that I cannot speak for all creatures/caster types, spell circles, levels, etc.

Without spells and in unenchanted armor, said warrior is going to be hit 100% of the time (or very close to) hunting like level.

In the same scenario, against a PC, they will be hit 100% of the time by the primary circle. They will still probably be hit the vast majority of the time against secondary and terciary circles.

With spells, against creatures, you have a chance. Once you are in a spellburst area, you will not likely ever be at the point where you are 100% safe from spells.

With spells, against a pure, you just wasted your time and resources spelling up. They will hit you.

So, I'm going to assume a deficiency of endroll 101 or so and thats if they roll a 1.

Or is it even greater?