PDA

View Full Version : I'm Losing It

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 01:14 AM
The end of my 27th month of GemStone was yesterday. Two years, three months you've had the pleasure of seeing Bobmuhthol in the game. And I'm losing what I had before. People have asked me if my character was bought because I've changed so much.

I can't insult anyone usefully anymore. I was tactful and witty before, now the only thing I can do is tell people that they're stupid and try to get them away from me. I guess I'm just sick of dealing with the same situations all the time, especially when everyone is always ten years old.

Nobody has my respect, or is noted as mature when they do stupid things like..
"Bob translate this! <Bobmuhthol loves guys> with mixed characters." He ran one room away, started yelling. I ran over, grabbed his hand, brought him out of town, and killed him before he knew I was even in the same room. And of course I got Adyria and some idiot wizard (I'd guess, but it would insult the person if they were innocent) after me. Then Whirlin was after me, talking about how I like to murder children.

Everyone needs to grow up. At least some people still think I'm funny. I have my moments now and then.

The whole Rorac/Quaroath/Xanathia situation just occured, and this is what I'd like to happen to Quaroath for being so stupid:

Kurili
07-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Can you explain how, with a name like 'Bobmuthol', you feel qualified to ridicule someone else's name? You arent funny, you're pathetic

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 01:41 AM
I'm afraid I didn't ridicule a name, you cancerous nothing. All you people is bitch about the name Bobmuhthol, but none of you can ever find anything wrong with it. In fact, my name is possibly one of the most in-character names possible. After seeing names like Warclaidhm, Kurili, and Warclaidhm, I'm positive my name is flawless. With all the bitching you do, Kurili, I suggest this shampoo:

Scott
07-06-2003, 02:14 AM
You seem to think you are the only person over 12 that plays Gemstone. You also seem to think you are always right, everyone is wrong, and that’s that. I've notice you on many occasions go OOC because you were outwitted. You warn people because you can't deal with them attacking you. You want to act like a 12 year old BOY and then all of the sudden try to act like you got a degree from Harvard.

If it wasn't for your grammar/spelling and sentence structure, I would have assumed you were no older then Warclaidhm. You act immature and expect to play nice... Your bitching like Warclaidhm about people not liking you for "who you are." No wonder you seem to have a "Warclaidhm Fetish," You are just like him.

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 04:00 AM
I don't expect people to like me. I do, however, expect people to not attack me.

<<I've notice you on many occasions go OOC because you were outwitted.>>

I'm not outwitted, I'm ambushed. I'm always up for a friendly match of wits, but anything more just screams out, "This is PvP and I think you should come to my house and beat the shit out of me." That's why I'm losing it. People like to cast at me and attack me so much it's as if they're telling me that I'm so much better than them that they have to resort to violence. My wit induces (sp) fear in my foes. It gets their adrenaline pumping. And then they turn into morons. Babbling idiots with nothing better to do than prove to me that they spent more time training than I did (who's the idiot there?) and I've probably been playing longer than them. A lot of people I met when they were hunting rats, and now they're Great Lords. That doesn't mean you should attack me every time you see me now. It means you should not be a whiney bitch.

--I'm using quick reply and couldn't put in a witty picture to go with it.

Tsa`ah
07-06-2003, 04:57 AM
Far from it "Bob". You attempt to be witty with insults and throw out the warn when things don't go your way. From what I've seen, without the warn verb things would go very differently. Such as ...

07-06-2003, 06:18 AM
Bob, I will be your friend.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Ben
07-06-2003, 06:46 AM
get a job

HappyGuyJr
07-06-2003, 06:55 AM
How could you possibly be "up for a match of wits" when you've spent your ENTIRE life unarmed?

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

I'm not outwitted, I'm ambushed. I'm always up for a friendly match of wits,

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by HappyGuyJr]

StrayRogue
07-06-2003, 07:14 AM
There's a reason why no one respects/likes you....

Weedmage Princess
07-06-2003, 08:02 AM
:!: :!: :!: Ooooh, I know, I know!!! :!: :!: :!:

You hear the subdued thoughts of Bobmuhthol echo in your mind:
"tp rorac I'll get my level 86 to kill you." [/quote]

:D :thumbsdown:

Parkbandit
07-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Exactly what is wrong with the name Bobmuthol? I don't see an OOC reference with it.

Much worse names out there.. hell.. I have 2 worse ones in my own account.

And while I may not be a big fan of Bobmuthol... I don't find him going Out of Character. Granted, I don't run in the same circles as he does, but when our paths cross.. he seems to stay within the character of Bobmuthol.

HappyGuyJr
07-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Its NOT OOC per say, its just totally ignorant and non-gener.

Honestly, I think the game should start policing itself like a real city would. Decide to give yourself a really stupid or ignorant name, like 'Bobroxors', or some bullshit, your going to get drowned in a sack the second you walk out of the grinder.

If by some miracle you manage to make it past birth, you get beaten up by mobs of children and left broken and bloody laying in the gutter, completely unable to function and flagged some how so empaths cant heal you. The condition could last for... a day say. At which point the condition would lessen to a degree, and the kids would come for you again, and again, and again. enfinitus

Originally posted by Parkbandit
Exactly what is wrong with the name Bobmuthol? I don't see an OOC reference with it.

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Wonderful, HappyGuyJr. Now that you've explained something different from what you just said, you can tell me how my name is ignorant and out-of-genre.

<<You hear the subdued thoughts of Bobmuhthol echo in your mind:
"tp rorac I'll get my level 86 to kill you.">>

I don't understand your point, and I already posted this: Did you notice that I'm thinking to Rorac? Look at a log of the thoughts. I didn't even talk to him privately before that. It was a joke. It was OOC, yeah, but it was one thing. I didn't walk around saying, "Anyone under level 20 with an AS of 200 or below want to duel me? I'm level 18 with a 200 AS!!!"

<<Decide to give yourself a really stupid or ignorant name, like 'Bobroxors', or some bullshit, your going to get drowned in a sack the second you walk out of the grinder.>>

I did not create the name Bobmuhthol. There's nothing wrong with Bobmuhthol. My name isn't Bobroxors. Muhthol is not a phrase. It has nothing to do with the present name Bob.

--My new character's name is QuickReplyRoX0rZ

Xcalibur
07-06-2003, 04:48 PM
gs is NOT a role playing games, those that say it are hypocrite
When more than 50% of your players are morons with AS|DS|TTM|TSC attitude, you deserve a slap on the face

hail gs4, more morons's coming!

StrayRogue
07-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Agreed, GS is just a chat room for people like Bob and Warclaidhm. The Gms don't give a shit, hence why these idiots are here. 10 years ago, Bob and Co wouldn't have lasted a week. Shame these people are actually encouraged now.

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 06:29 PM
And you'd know, because you were playing ten years ago.

StrayRogue
07-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Near enough, under one name or other. Plus I read alot, and speak to alot of elders. I would have loved to see you pull the shit you do now back then.

imported_Kranar
07-06-2003, 06:39 PM
When The Fallen comes out, I expect a lot more policing.

Scott
07-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Near enough, under one name or other. Plus I read alot, and speak to alot of elders. I would have loved to see you pull the shit you do now back then.

Considering there are very few that have been around for 10 years, I'd love to hear all these "elders" that you talk to about how things were "back in the old day." I'd love to hear you talk about 10 years ago as well. I'd rather listen to Bob's constantly being a complete moron then listen to people say "I've been around since Gemstone started! I remeber Gemstone I, I remember Gemstone ][, and I was the FIRST person to step foot in the game when Gemstone III came out!" Seriously, from the sounds of what you have posted, I highly doubt you've been around even 5 years, much less 10......

imported_Kranar
07-06-2003, 08:29 PM
You know, 10 years ago wasn't that long ago relative to GS. When people said 5 years ago that they've been playing for 10 years, then yeah, it was mostly bogus. But if someone says they've been playing for 10 years, it's not like it's such a big thing. 7-8 years ago GS was on AOL.

imported_Kranar
07-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Heh, speaking of which... Just think about it 5 years from now, when every single argument ever made on the official BBS will contain a:

"Oh yeah? Well I've been around since the days of Gemstone III! Take that bozo! I win!"

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 09:05 PM
February 1, 1990
GemStone III officially launches on GEnie

To say you've been playing for 10 years, you have to have been playing since GEnie lowered prices for GemStone III (1993.)

Scott
07-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Don't forget about Gemstone I and Gemstone ][ which started in 1987 or 1988....

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 09:37 PM
GemStone I demoed to GEnie

April 1988
GemStone ][ opens on GEnie

AnticorRifling
07-06-2003, 09:55 PM
On Bob:
Two years ago I met Bob for the first time, had no beef with him then and I have no beef with him now. If I remembered such things I would say I interacted with him all of 10 or less times since then. I think his insults, etc. are hilarious but can at times be taken to far. Not knowing when to ease up would be all I could fault him for.

On names:
I also agree that a self policing of names would be great only one problem I see alot of stupid names on characters that are 90+ you going to put them into the grinder again? Can't exactly have them keep their stupid names and try to enforce a real naming standard( which I am for) on the "new" characters it's not right.

On RP:
I think GS can be very much an RP'ed game and I for one try to play it as such. Granted I am not as imersed in it as some but I don' think I'm labeled a SNERT, I fall somewhere in the middle. I don't think GS should be a strictly enforced RP game I like seeing the numbers and in a pure RP environment you wouldn't see them. I do, however, feel that the game should be more geared towards RP. Actually it has all the gear it needs it just needs steered in that direction. Make stronger penalties for OOC bring about a gradual change.

On Fallen:
God I hope it happens, player enforcement will be a good thing because if you're retarded like some you will be deeded. I don't care what level you will be found off guard and killed and I like the potential there.

I think I hit on all the topics that have been brought up as sub topics in this thread....

Parkbandit
07-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Agreed, GS is just a chat room for people like Bob and Warclaidhm. The Gms don't give a shit, hence why these idiots are here. 10 years ago, Bob and Co wouldn't have lasted a week. Shame these people are actually encouraged now.

I didn't play 10 years ago.. but they would have been here then too. The OOC hasn't changed much in the 8 or so years I have been around.

Drew2
07-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol My wit induces (sp) fear in my foes. It gets their adrenaline pumping. And then they turn into morons. Babbling idiots with nothing better to do than prove to me that they spent more time training than I did (who's the idiot there?) and I've probably been playing longer than them. A lot of people I met when they were hunting rats, and now they're Great Lords. That doesn't mean you should attack me every time you see me now. It means you should not be a whiney bitch.

Wow... I don't know Bobmuhthol... and I don't know if he's RPed the same way his player is posting but damn.. talk about arrogance. Is it just me or does it sound like he's saying "People hate me because they're jealous of my wit!"? I mean geez... It sounded like his post was just to complain that nobody has any reason not to like him and everyone should be his friend and SHAME on EVERYONE for not giving him the respect and attention he deserves.

Maybe he's more like Warclaidhm than he'd like to think....

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Damn straight they're jealous of my wit. I am the shiznit. And I rap like a rapper. It's as if I was in a wrapper.

Anyway..
I roleplay a character who thinks he is superior. He also goes along with the stupid thing, and his tone is set to stupid. That post was in my character's point of view.

Meriman
07-07-2003, 11:29 PM
I know everyones picky about spelling so I'll try and be neat.

Bob, I don't really know you, I'm not gonna start saying I've been around for a bajillion years, I've been around long enough is all.

When you come on an unofficial board which I believe is OOC unless people come here to roleplay? And respond to someones assesment of one of your posts by saying it was in your characters perspective when the whole damn thing was OOC pisses me off.

I personally don't give a flying fudge (edited for family tv) at a rolling doughnut (sp) if you rp King Bic Mac lookin for his special sauce but please don't say your Arrogant Elitist post was from your characters point of view, admit your Self Centered and think everything revolves around you and move on.

Oh by the way I noticed that whenever someone posts against you, that you have a tendacy to resort to a ten year old mentality, since I am expecting that please don't disapoint me and forget to use I'm rubber and your glue, it would really make my day.

Thanks,
Player (got that) Player BEHIND the Characters

P.S. This opinion in no way represents anyone elses but my own, if it's extremely disliked I'm sure someone will find the need to complain about me on my own private thread. Thanks

Every Problem Man Has Ever Had, Has Been Because Of A Woman. - Me

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2003, 12:04 AM
<<A lot of people I met when they were hunting rats, and now they're Great Lords.>>

Oh, wow, look at that! I spoke as my character!
You fucking idiot.

I'm going to proofread your post now.
<<I know everyones picky about spelling so I'll try and be neat.>>
Everyone's.
<<Oh by the way I noticed that whenever someone posts against you, that you have a tendacy to resort to a ten year old mentality, since I am expecting that please don't disapoint me and forget to use I'm rubber and your glue, it would really make my day.>>
Run-on sentence, lack of pauses, misspelled tendancy and disappoint. Used your instead of you're. Capitalized 'Self Centered'. Also misspelled. One word; self-centered.
<<This opinion in no way represents anyone elses but my own>>
Lack of apostrophe.

Meriman
07-08-2003, 12:19 AM
For starters (oops should I worry about the apostrophe) I said I'll try and be neat, which means I'm not gonna nit pick my post to make everyone happy, if I mispell miss punctuate miss what ever then TFB.

Ut oh was that run on? (shakes in my itty bitty boots)

Secondly I'm glad you didn't totally disapoint though you didn't use the I'm rubber your glue but lemme point something out Mr. I'm the best bow down or I'll get upset

"This is PvP and I think you should come to my house and beat the shit out of me." (OOC dick) I've probably been playing longer than them.(Again OOC Dick).

I could go through all your other posts that shift into and out of OOC but I don't want to spend more time reading them over again as I feel my intelligence lowers each time I read something you post.

Alsooooooo (lookee lookee I used more O's then nec and said lookee) If you come to an OOC board and post a IC perspective about a Character that doesn't physically exist to defend accusations that were made against your OOC persona, then you need some mental help distinguishing IC (Fantasy) from OOC (Reality)

If my grammer punctuation spelling (look ma no commas) disturb you then that's just to bad cause I'm sorry but I'm not anal about it when i don't have to be.

Ohhh I almost forgot when your correcting someone about spelling don't mispell a word ass it is Tendency not Tendancy so try again next week thanks for the giggles

Every Problem a Man Has Ever Had Has Been Because Of A Woman - Me

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2003, 12:42 AM
BAD GRAMMAR OVERLOAD. REBOOT! REBOOT!

--Die.

Meriman
07-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Awww, could you not think of a snappy comeback, did I overmatch you in wits? Maybe my square casted and attacked at you....wait ohhh this is OOC

So I guess you just couldn't take the fact someone pointed out your errors not once but twice and then laughed yes laughed at you when you pointed out their's. You're not ambushed you just don't have enough wits to defend yourself at the get go.

Sorry, really, I didn't mean to point out your problems.

Every Problem a Man Has Ever Had Has Been Because Of A Woman - Me

07-08-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Meriman
I know everyones picky about spelling so I'll try and be neat.

Bob, I don't really know you, I'm not gonna start saying I've been around for a bajillion years, I've been around long enough is all.

When you come on an unofficial board which I believe is OOC unless people come here to roleplay? And respond to someones assesment of one of your posts by saying it was in your characters perspective when the whole damn thing was OOC pisses me off.

I personally don't give a flying fudge (edited for family tv) at a rolling doughnut (sp) if you rp King Bic Mac lookin for his special sauce but please don't say your Arrogant Elitist post was from your characters point of view, admit your Self Centered and think everything revolves around you and move on.

Oh by the way I noticed that whenever someone posts against you, that you have a tendacy to resort to a ten year old mentality, since I am expecting that please don't disapoint me and forget to use I'm rubber and your glue, it would really make my day.

Thanks,
Player (got that) Player BEHIND the Characters

P.S. This opinion in no way represents anyone elses but my own, if it's extremely disliked I'm sure someone will find the need to complain about me on my own private thread. Thanks

Every Problem Man Has Ever Had, Has Been Because Of A Woman. - Me

I think he just likes to piss people off.

This post is for your bob

Drew2
07-08-2003, 03:19 AM
Actually, I think Meriman was making a very good point. Bob seems to have this tendency (defense mechanism) to try and make someone look stupid for something (grammar, spelling, etc.) that had nothing to do with their post. His inability to resond intelligently to any complaints against him, only reinforces Meriman's point.

-Tayre

P.s.- Proofread that, biatch

Scott
07-08-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
Actually, I think Meriman was making a very good point. Bob seems to have this tendency (defense mechanism) to try and make someone look stupid for something (grammar, spelling, etc.) that had nothing to do with their post. His inability to resond intelligently to any complaints against him, only reinforces Meriman's point.

-Tayre

P.s.- Proofread that, biatch

Don't make it so easy for him..... resond?

Drew2
07-08-2003, 03:53 AM
Damn it!! :lol:

07-08-2003, 05:05 AM
I can sympathize with Bob. When Klaive starts talking, people tremble in fear and jealousy. They can't handle my razor wit and how I'm always right.

Some people, like Kadesha and her crew, hate me only cause I'm not a 45 year old single parent IRL (those seem to be all she hangs out with).

If I went to SimuCon, I'd vomit on everyone because when I walked in, they'd bow down so hard they'd crack their skulls and their filthy blood would splash against the floor and flood around my ankles, nauseating me and forcing me to projectile hurl.

IRL or in game, people are simply not equipped to deal with the divinity and grace that is Klaive and Klaive's player.

I imagine Bob is much the same way, mighty and ready to kick your ass cause you can't grasp how cool he is with your puny mortal mind.

Put a monkey in a maze and it will get very angry. That's what happens to you. We're the mazes, you're the monkies. Our egos are the cheese at the center and all the passages leading to it are blocked off.

And if anyone decideds to proof read this message, it is imperitive that you realize that it doesn't matter what your rules say. What I do is always right, therefore I cannot be corrected. The End.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

GS4Gurl
07-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Reading Klaive's post here is making me have undesirable flashbacks of Sean/Kesier's self loving posts.

Parkbandit
07-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Klaive.. are people afraid of you the player or you the character.

I can't seem to tell the two apart.. and I'm afraid you are having that same issue.

07-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Klaive.. are people afraid of you the player or you the character.

I can't seem to tell the two apart.. and I'm afraid you are having that same issue.

Both.

I am fear.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2003, 12:54 PM
I hate you guys!! I'm leaving the lands!!

Nevermind, I just realized I'm not Warclaidhm. Sorry about that.

vigilante
07-08-2003, 03:10 PM
No, you are not Warclaidhm, but you are fixated on him 24/7. Just give him a call, come on. You know you want to.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Congratulations on signing up today and already getting two posts, both of which were worthy enough for me to laugh at.

vigilante
07-08-2003, 04:29 PM
I'm glad you can still laugh.

Captain Amby
07-11-2003, 04:13 PM
ehh.. I dun understand why everyone picks on Bob.. I personally think Warclaidhm's much worse.

vigilante
07-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Comedy is not pretty.

Weedmage Princess
07-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Demon Lord Kage
I can sympathize with Bob. When Klaive starts talking, people tremble in fear and jealousy. They can't handle my razor wit and how I'm always right.

Some people, like Kadesha and her crew, hate me only cause I'm not a 45 year old single parent IRL (those seem to be all she hangs out with).

If I went to SimuCon, I'd vomit on everyone because when I walked in, they'd bow down so hard they'd crack their skulls and their filthy blood would splash against the floor and flood around my ankles, nauseating me and forcing me to projectile hurl.

IRL or in game, people are simply not equipped to deal with the divinity and grace that is Klaive and Klaive's player.

I imagine Bob is much the same way, mighty and ready to kick your ass cause you can't grasp how cool he is with your puny mortal mind.

Put a monkey in a maze and it will get very angry. That's what happens to you. We're the mazes, you're the monkies. Our egos are the cheese at the center and all the passages leading to it are blocked off.

And if anyone decideds to proof read this message, it is imperitive that you realize that it doesn't matter what your rules say. What I do is always right, therefore I cannot be corrected. The End.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

ROFLMAO

07-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess

ROFLMAO

:lol:

Red Devil
07-13-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Far from it "Bob". You attempt to be witty with insults and throw out the warn when things don't go your way. From what I've seen, without the warn verb things would go very differently. Such as ...

loser quit stealing my pictures

Red Devil
07-13-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

On Fallen:
God I hope it happens, player enforcement will be a good thing because if you're retarded like some you will be deeded. I don't care what level you will be found off guard and killed and I like the potential there.

I think I hit on all the topics that have been brought up as sub topics in this thread....

I don't think you get it, do you? in fallen, there is NO RULES, people arent going to police others, especially not in a "good" way, your gonna see the roleplayers getting the shit beat out of them. Why? because fallen is no rules, l33t's like me flock to it like flies to honey

07-13-2003, 05:09 AM
DR:tF is policed in a "role-play encouraging" way and the "1337" people are killed. But then DR has always had a higher concentration of Role-Players than GemStone III. So you're probably right, GS:tF would be a "1337" breeding ground. Especially with the removal of permanent death.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Red Devil
07-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Demon Lord Kage
DR:tF is policed in a "role-play encouraging" way and the "1337" people are killed. But then DR has always had a higher concentration of Role-Players than GemStone III. So you're probably right, GS:tF would be a "1337" breeding ground. Especially with the removal of permanent death.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

bullshit, its l33t's that rule there too

Bobmuhthol
07-13-2003, 10:14 PM
The 1337$ are definitely the ones who own. They're definitely going to outnumber and overpower roleplayers.

"I'm more 31337 than you!" "No you aren't!"
* Roleplayer's soul has been lost to the demonic.

Red Devil
07-15-2003, 04:53 AM
HELL YES

edit: bob knows whats up, he's a fellow l33t, listen to him!

[Edited on 7-15-2003 by Red Devil]

Ben
07-15-2003, 08:29 AM
anyone who says l33t should get cut across the face with a box cutter

Bobmuhthol
07-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Good thing I said 1337 and not l33t. I always laugh when I go into a Counter-Strike server that starts your money off at $1337.

Red Devil
07-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Ben
anyone who says l33t should get cut across the face with a box cutter
Terrorist.