PDA

View Full Version : I just won...

Clove
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Billy Joel tickets!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Heh, that's awesome. Didn't you win some other tickets recently also?

Asha
04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
how tf dp you do that!!

Clove
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Heh, that's awesome. Didn't you win some other tickets recently also?

how tf dp you do that!!Yeah Eric Clapton tickets, picked them up last week. But those tickets were real.

Billy Joel was APRIL FOOLS!

*Clove's credibility just bit the dust!*

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-01-2008, 09:52 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/imagedream/Funny/damme300.gif

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/imagedream/Funny/sparta.gif

TheEschaton
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Come on, guys, it was soooooooo transparent.

Clove
04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Come on, guys, it was soooooooo transparent.Yeah, E says that, but if I'd used Yanni tickets instead, he'd have been all over it.

TheEschaton
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Dude, I made a joke about how I thought you had said "Billy Joel" in the other thread. Your use fo them in this thread obviously reflected your desire to please me in every way. I get it. No worries.

Clove
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Dude, I made a joke about how I thought you had said "Billy Joel" in the other thread. Your use fo them in this thread obviously reflected your desire to please me in every way. I get it. No worries.It was Elton John... and also no surprise :P

TheEschaton
04-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Elton John != Billy Joel???????? when did that happen?

Hips
04-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Aww, I was hoping this was serious and it was for the Last Play at Shea or something. I'll be there. :D

Clove
06-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I just wanted to remind everyone, that I'm going to see Eric Clapton tonight and you're not :D

Clove
06-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Clapton was amazing. Yes he played Cocaine. Robert Randolph and the Family Band was very good. Never heard Jimi Hendrix played on lap steel before.

BigWorm
06-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Clapton was amazing. Yes he played Cocaine. Robert Randolph and the Family Band was very good. Never heard Jimi Hendrix played on lap steel before.

Robert Randolph is top notch. He's easily the greatest lap steel player still recording.

Clove
06-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Eric Clapton at Mohegan Sun Arena

Eric Clapton and His Band visited the 10,000 seat Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut on Monday, 2 June. Over the course of two hours, the band turned in a killer performance according to early reports from the venue. The 19 songs, focused heavily on Eric's blues roots, rather than his more radio-friendly material.
Tonight Eric dedicated "Before You Accuse Me" to Bo Diddley who died today, 2 June.

Helped by a great sound system in a new-ish arena, it was easy to hear some of the more subtle touches by all of the musicians in this indoor arena. Fans commented that Doyle Bramhall II and Chris Stainton both stood out, adding lovely fills and dynamic solos during several songs. Kudos also to "The BVs" - Michelle John and Sharon White - for their gorgeous backing vocals.

Eric opened the 9th concert of his summer tour with "Tell The Truth". Classic songs like "Motherless Children" (from the album 461 Ocean Boulevard), "Layla", and "Cocaine" were big crowd-pleasers, along with the ever-popular, "Wonderful Tonight." Early reports from the venue indicate that evening's stand-outs, filled with blistering solos by Eric and Doyle, were "Tell The Truth", "Little Queen Of Spades" and "I've Got My Mojo Working" with Robert Randolph. Robert pushed EC to extend solo three times longer than usual.

Entirely deserving of mention is the "sit down set," which takes place at the midpoint of the show. Eric opens this portion of the concert alone on-stage armed only with his acoustic guitar for "Driftin'." The band then rejoined him for Hoagy Carmichael's "Rocking Chair", followed by "Motherless Child," "Travelling Riverside Blues" and "Running on Faith" (from 1989's "Journeyman").

2 June 2008 Set List / Mohegan Sun Arena

01. Tell The Truth
02. Key To The Highway
03. Hoochie Coochie Man
04. Little Wing
05. Outside Woman Blues
06. Double Trouble
07. Don't Knock My Love
08. Drifting
09. Rockin' Chair
10. Motherless Child
11. Travelling Riverside Blues
12. Running On Faith
13. Motherless Children
14. Little Queen of Spades
15. Before You Accuse Me
16. Wonderful Tonight
17. Layla
18. Cocaine

Encore:
19. I've Got My Mojo Working (with Robert Randolph)

Next on Eric's schedule is the Tweeter Center in Massachusetts on 3 June. The U.S. / Canada leg of the summer tour wraps Thursday, 5 June in Wantagh, New York.

Asha
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
You my friend.. are a spawny mother fucker.
Did you take photograpicsness?

Gan
06-03-2008, 09:24 AM
No pictures?

weak....

very weak...

:(

AnticorRifling
06-03-2008, 10:36 AM
They were at Verizon Center in Indiana last week, I sat out on my porch and listened.

Clove
06-03-2008, 11:00 AM
The lights were shining right at us. All you would have seen was a Clapton silhoette.

Gan
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Get better seats next time. :p

CrystalTears
06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Cool beans! Sounds like it was a great concert.

Clove
06-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Get better seats next time. :pThey were 125 dollar seats. And you'd have to see how the lights were set up. They had lights shining out into the crowd at two levels through most of the concert and five huge 30' mosaics that shined special effects throughout the concert. Now, if I could have gotten a good 35mm digital camera past the pat-down... maybe. But the phone wasn't doing it. :(

Ogreslayer
06-18-2008, 02:13 PM
No April Foolin', but I actually did get Billy Joel tickets (free, 7th row center, can't complain!).

I'm not a Billy Joel fanatic, but I like a lot of his music. The show was good, and he seemed to be having fun, throwing in funny bits here and there, playing up the crowd. He has a solid band, though his bass player didn't seem to fit with the rest. (Some Aussie with a lot of hip thrusting. My wife said he reminded her of one of Robert Palmer's girls. Hehe.)

I was hoping for more off of Stormfront (he played "We Didn't Start the Fire" -- a song I skip on the CD -- and "The Downeaster Alexa", which is my favorite Billy Joel song), but with him having such a long and productive history I couldn't expect more than two songs from one album.

When the roadie (Chainsaw!) came out and performed AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" the crowd went wild. The only time the crowd was louder was for "Piano Man". It was funny to have this sleeveless, tattooed, non-photogenic old guy tearing up the stage, whipping the mike stand around. He was really into it. It was even funnier because his mike wasn't on for the first half of the song. The band kept trying to tell him, but every time they'd catch his eye and point, he thought they were telling him to play up the crowd more. They got a good laugh out of it when it was done.

One negative was that the lights were extremely bright on the crowd right in front of the stage, so much that I saw a lot of people closing their eyes and ducking behind other people to avoid the brightness. Even when those lights toned down there were only a few opportunities for cell phone pics, as most of the time the lighting was too bright on him.

Clove
06-18-2008, 02:25 PM
The reports around here are that Billy is doing a great concert, so congrats. I think he's doing 12 concerts at Mohegan Sun's Arena this summer- we've been joking that he's going to be the Sun's new House Band.

Hips
06-18-2008, 03:24 PM
My parents went to one of Billy Joel's shows at Mohegan Sun (on the 14th, actually) and they had a great time. I'm so looking forward to the Last Play at Shea. :D