PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone in there?

Rue
03-31-2008, 02:43 PM
HEY! Does ALAE REALLY even exsist?
Recently I applied for ALAE with no such luck. The link on play.net is broken. If anyone is part of ALAE or knows someone that is part of ALAE. Please contact me at my PM.

Thanks,
Rue~

diethx
03-31-2008, 02:44 PM
HEY! Does ALAE REALLY even exsist?
Recently I applied for ALAE with no such luck. The link on play.net is broken. If anyone is part of ALAE or knows someone that is part of ALAE. Please contact me at my PM.

Thanks,
Rue~

ES used to be in ALAE, but quit awhile back. I'm sure she knows others who are still in it - try PMing her.

edit: (although she might try to talk you out of joining)

TheEschaton
03-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Same with Ilvane, but she'll also probably try and dissuade you as well. It seemed like such a good idea!

Rue
03-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Talk me out of joining? Ut oh.

There is really so little information on it. I would love if anyone could give me some feed back about ALAE and what it really is like. What the perks to it are and the draw backs.

I have no clue who ES is, sorry. Give me a little more to go on?

diethx
03-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Talk me out of joining? Ut oh.

There is really so little information on it. I would love if anyone could give me some feed back about ALAE and what it really is like. What the perks to it are and the draw backs.

I have no clue who ES is, sorry. Give me a little more to go on?

ElanthianSiren.

And from what I heard from her (no personal experience), they expect way too much of you and have bitchy bitches running it (not the GM in charge, but the players), and get all pissy when your RL obligations get in the way of doing stupid shit for them.

Joe
03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Dunno what link you're using, but try this:

http://www.play.net/gs4/alae/

Rue
03-31-2008, 02:55 PM
THAT was the link I was using. What happens is, I get all the fields filled out, re-read it to make sure it is what I want, and hit submit. It then has me re-sign in and then routes me BACK to the same page of the application, except it is blank. Nothing is getting sent.

Nilandia
03-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Make sure you're not timing out your connection. Copy all your answers into a document and save it. Then if you time out, re-sign in, then copy and paste it into the fields so you only take a minute or so to submit it.

Gretchen

Ilvane
03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I haven't been involved in a long time so I know ES wasn't talking about me.:P

I was the Executive Officer of it a long time ago, but after trying to get it to work, and putting all my heart into it, it basically wasn't being supported well.

The first GM was a great guy, just extraordinarily busy. Second one was busy too, and well..didn't get along with her well, so I'll leave it like that.

It was a fantastic idea at the time. We were building a lot of little projects, some hunting areas, some of the Voln monastaries, the dyers tents were us(I did the Icemule one!) When we were actually getting projects it was great. But it was very strict on Premium only, and 1 year premium. I wanted to make it just premie to bring people in..I also had a ton of ideas, but I'm doubtful they got too far, seeing as the first GM was overburdened.

Whether it is even active, or worth it now is for current members to say, and not me.

Good luck.:)

Angela

Rue
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks Everyone. :2beers:

I guess it was a timing issue. Got it to work when I just pasted and skipped the re-reading over and over part, and just hit the damn send button already.

Ilvane/Angela, Thanks big time for the insight. Its about what I expected and have experienced in the past with this sort of thing. I am still hoping for the best.

Rue~

SayGoodbye
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
But it was very strict on Premium only, and 1 year premium. I wanted to make it just premie to bring people in..

What's the point of making a creative group/club premium only? Does being premium make you more creative than someone not paying 40 bucks a month?

Also how is limiting the group of people that can apply "bringing people in"?

diethx
03-31-2008, 10:49 PM
But it was very strict on Premium only, and 1 year premium. I wanted to make it just premie to bring people in..I also had a ton of ideas, but I'm doubtful they got too far, seeing as the first GM was overburdened.

Yeah, years ago when it first came out I applied and Claw told me I would be accepted as soon as I was 1-yr premium (I was premium at the time, but not for a full year). It was fucking stupid, and I didn't bother letting him know when I had been premium for a full year. Now after what ES has said, i'm glad I didn't.

Ilvane
04-01-2008, 08:49 AM
What's the point of making a creative group/club premium only? Does being premium make you more creative than someone not paying 40 bucks a month?

Also how is limiting the group of people that can apply "bringing people in"?

I totally agree with you, SG. I thought it would be better to have a pool of creative talents..but it didn't work that way.

They wanted to make it part of the Premium benefits. I had mentioned making it open to anyone, but that wasn't acceptable, so I asked to take the 1 year restriction away, so we could bring in more people.

Didn't work, but that's the way it went.

Sad part was, we would take ANYONE in ALAE back then, even if they couldn't form sentences--as long as they were one year premie. Trust me, I argued.

Angela

Blud
04-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks Everyone. :2beers:

I guess it was a timing issue. Got it to work when I just pasted and skipped the re-reading over and over part, and just hit the damn send button already.

Ilvane/Angela, Thanks big time for the insight. Its about what I expected and have experienced in the past with this sort of thing. I am still hoping for the best.

Rue~

That's cool that you hear the bad shit and still hope for the best. Best of luck to you. I hope you get what you want out of it.

Amaron
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I am a member of ALAE. We were very active the year after Ilvane left.

Myself and one other person designed the four wind festival area last year. *the tree was my baby* And I did a shop for it.

I helped design the Ravalin in Ta'Vaalor.

I designed one of the new areas that will be premium hunting as well.

I had a blast doing these areas.

The current Gm is apparently working on updating the machanics and the systems. We are on hold until she is done, from what I understand.

Apply and hopefully she will get things rolling.

As to the issues others have had... I personally had issues just getting in. It took forever for my application to be read. It then took me pesting members to get someone to write me back and say when can we meet. All in all, under the old officers it took almost a year for them to get their shit together and get me trained ain inducted and it should not have.

The group of new officers we had got me in and trained and on a project right away.

The GM in charge is wonderful.

I get along with the members and had a great time working on those areas.

So apply and just know you may be on hold a bit until they get things moving.

PM me if you want any other information.

J

Ilvane
04-02-2008, 11:01 AM
It's great that it's doing well now it really makes me happy. Back when ALAE first initiated, it was brand new, just coded..everything was just started.

We had trouble with our e-mail system when ALAE was first initiated..I had to rely on the GM to send me the applications, and he was overburdened, so it was sometimes a LONG time before the applications were finally responded to, if they were even recieved!

Aside from that, the system itself had a ton of bugs, so we were doing a lot of bug reduction, and finding the problems when it first began. That was just the initial directors of course, then the actual builders.

It's a lot of work when you first start something off, and there were plenty of mistakes made all around, but we did our best with what we had.

When I left, I left because I felt it wasn't going where it should be, and the members that were in there weren't getting enough work. It bothered me, and it made me sad about it. I had high hopes for it, and wanted it to succeed.

I'm glad for Sirina and her new directors--from what I have heard, she lobbies for ALAE..

I was told that under the old GM, people just weren't asking for us to work.

Anyway, good luck Rue, I hope it works out well for you. It is really worth the end result.

Angela

ElanthianSiren
04-14-2008, 06:43 AM
I only had issue with one person in ALAE, and it wasn't Sirinia. I've found her to be pretty accomodating. It was actually an ALAE officer, pretty high up, not Ilvane, but I won't get into who it was specifically. Anyway, ALAE was great fun with Shiril running the guts.

In the end, as I got older, it came down to "Gee, do you really want to work for a game for free with a million other commitments?" The answer I ultimately came up with was no.

That's obviously not your (Rue's) answer right now, so good for you :) I'm glad you got it working.

TheEschaton
04-14-2008, 09:56 AM
The title of this thread made me automatically think "Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? How she said that we would meet again? Some, sunny day...?"

Stanley Burrell
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
<<TheE>>

Why do we need a Post In The Wrong Thread Day anyway? :?: