PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get revenge.

edge
07-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Back in the day when someone made me mad. I would seek revenge. Even if it's a year later, I would always get it some how. How can you get revenge on people you say? Well, let's share things we have done.

Feras weapons was a favorite of mine. Drop then all over a hunting area. Say plane one of the rift when someone you hate is around. They flare and will make the person drop their items, if the flare hits their hands. Then wander around until you see the monster with their 10x gear and use the wonderfull implosion wand you had made! Plus you can use tremors or quake to knock the people down in the surrounding rooms so they will get hit easier. But the best part of this is. You rescue this person you just killed, imploded their gear and they are thankfull to you! LoL. Aah, the days of killing Celtic. I miss those. But I would never rescue him.

Also, meteor storming every surrounding room would kill people. Then when the GM ask why you are meteor storming. Hey. It's a hunting spell. Take it away if you don't want me to hunt with it. It would also kill people in sanctd rooms. Also great for killing vultures. Kill someone old like Malok with meteor storm and watch everyone blindly fog and die.

Another cool thing is if you disarm someone. Dispel their item down to nothing, stick it in a box and throw it in the waste. Then they can't find the item in the lands anywhere and say they will not replace it since it's still in the game. But they can never ever find it.

Also scamming. When I get scammed I always return the favor. I always had characters nobody knew I have. I use to hide my wealth from the GMs because my bank account would magically lose coins and items would lose enchants. Ya, go figure. But I brought most of on myself, I know this. Piss off the powers and shit happens to you. But with a character nobody knows, you can sit around and watch for the person that scammed you to sell something of more value. Then when they hand it to you to sing to or something. Many different ways of doing this one. Just never give it back. Now GMs will do nothing. But if it's their PC or their good friend. They will force you into returning it. Threaten you with a banning or warning. But it was mainly idiots that ran scams on people. I usually knew who was who through the grapevine. So being blacklisted kinda left me wide open to being scammed though. So playing this game is dangerous and risky. But I managed to dance around it pretty good.

The thing that always kinda ticked me off about my revenge on people. If it was a GMs PC. Their item would be back on their character later that day. Now if it was a regular player. They would do nothing about it. But I guess there are perks to being a GM. :bouncy:

So lets hear some tricks to getting revenge on people.

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Start working on getting my money and stop posting things, edge!

It's almost impossible to get away with forcing a weapon away from someone. Telekinetic Disarm and Warrior Guild Disarm are actually the only ways I know of. Oh, and Curse. All three of them will get you either locked out or kicked out of the guild.

AnticorRifling
07-06-2003, 10:00 PM
I don't get many enemies but occasionally someone will piss me off bad enough to cause me to react. I like finding their hunting ground, going in inviso, once they walk follow them until they have a critter in the room
ewave, rapid fire dispel, wrack, stun and watch the critter kill them.

I was also thinking about this.... If I let someone hit me and it causes a bleeder and run into town to die will they be charged with murder?

Zanagodly
07-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Friend of mine did this to someone. Made a character named Shield(something). They asked some old wizard to dispel them and he dispelled down his own shield heh.

Revalos
07-06-2003, 11:15 PM
I've always thought that leaving unlocked scale trapped boxes around would be great fun. Better yet, sell them as mystery boxes.

Parkbandit
07-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

I was also thinking about this.... If I let someone hit me and it causes a bleeder and run into town to die will they be charged with murder?

No.

edge
07-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Spore trap will get the person arrested it you run to town and die. I did that to someone on accident. I went for healing and died, they got arrested.

Drew2
07-07-2003, 12:30 AM
It's not exactly... legal... but when certain snerts piss me off in town, I bind them, fog them away somewhere in town (By the way.. a nifty trick, if you don't already know.. you can STALK someone then fog them if their group is closed... muahaha), then I use bloodwood and thanot wands at my leisure. You can't get arrested if they're too dumb to bleed to death! (Granted, they're bound)

Scott
07-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I don't get many enemies but occasionally someone will piss me off bad enough to cause me to react. I like finding their hunting ground, going in inviso, once they walk follow them until they have a critter in the room
ewave, rapid fire dispel, wrack, stun and watch the critter kill them.

Nope. That is the way to weed out the people who cause trouble in town and think they are safe. This includes stunning them and then blood bursting them. Other way's include stunning them, then hit them then diagnose them so you know how many HP they have. Hit them enough to where they are down to like 40 health. Then unpain them, hit them for that 40 health and watch them die when unpain where's off.....

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 12:34 AM
If you cast Blood Burst enough, they get auto-crit. That won't get you arrested, either, but they can accuse you to the constable. Ironically, you get arrested for petty theft instead of murder if they do.

Gokkem
07-07-2003, 05:08 AM
If there is a certain warrior you don't like, wait for him/her to be bashing. Go inviso and say you have a trapped chest, wait for them to be bashing a chest and drop the trapped one in the room. Since you are invisible they never see it and BOOM they dead.

Parkbandit
07-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Just steal them blind.

Oh wait... I don't do that to just enemies.

Nevermind :)

Neildo
07-12-2003, 07:47 AM
>>>>Friend of mine did this to someone. Made a character named Shield(something). They asked some old wizard to dispel them and he dispelled down his own shield heh.<<<<

Lol, that was me, you ass. Took a 7x shield down to a -14 bonus. Then like a week later, someone with a similar name to "buckler" dispelled my back-up 5x buckler I recently enchanted, heh. I didn't mind because I could care less about items/coins as I would always give them away or sell them, but I did feel stupid both those times, heh.

- N

Morstanya
07-12-2003, 09:39 PM
>It's almost impossible to get away with forcing a weapon away from someone.

Ever heard of an itching curse there Bob ? I've taken weapons before using that (and shields too). You have to be careful though as the GM's frown on it. It's best if you plan to give the items back after they grovel a bit. I did have an encounter with a GM once that was in the room watching. It went poorly at first until I explained that I intended to give the things back all along. If you rp it correctly, disarming a brigand like person can be justified as long as it doesn't turn into theft.

As far as the rest of this thread goes... I'll just assume that people aren't posting their best ideas as they should consider them trade secrets. I've quite a few methods of revenge I haven't heard here and don't expect to.

Zanagodly
07-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Heh that was you Neil? lol that sucks.

Gokkem
07-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Dragging someone thru open gate into wilderness, then back thru after they die is fun too. Have done that to people in town before.

Red Devil
07-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Gokkem
Dragging someone thru open gate into wilderness, then back thru after they die is fun too. Have done that to people in town before. then when they report you get banned for 30 days, i like dragging them into ranger guild, takes them forever to get out

Gokkem
07-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Eh it's like any other CvC or PvP situation.......You can get banned 30 days for ambushing someone's head off to. This is just another way to handle a CvC or PvP situation. Obviously, unwelcome pvp is against policy and just about no matter how you get em you will get in trouble.

However, that ranger guild trick is a GREAT idea; as long as they can't 130 or 225 out...or use darkness......

[Edited on 07-16-03 by Gokkem]

Ben
07-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Break in their house in real life and poison all their food.

Red Devil
07-18-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Gokkem
Eh it's like any other CvC or PvP situation.......You can get banned 30 days for ambushing someone's head off to. This is just another way to handle a CvC or PvP situation. Obviously, unwelcome pvp is against policy and just about no matter how you get em you will get in trouble.

However, that ranger guild trick is a GREAT idea; as long as they can't 130 or 225 out...or use darkness......

[Edited on 07-16-03 by Gokkem]

coulda swore it made magic fizzle in that room, might be wrong though, all the better if they waste 7-8 spirit on a darkness, though