PDA

View Full Version : All this because I got Vif arrested more times than I can remember

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 05:31 PM
SEND[Talisker] Do you have a moment to chat, please? You can use RESPOND to reply.

>report pull me to room
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.
>

The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...
[Fitheach Keep, Talisker's Solar]
Soft light streams through arched stained glass windows, spilling onto the plush wolf-pelt floor coverings. Peat blocks smolder in a carved stone fireplace, adding a distinctive scent to the air. A large reddish-brown stag's head is mounted above the mantelpiece. Beneath the north window, a padded bench offers comfortable seating from which to enjoy the expansive view. Echoing moans from somewhere near occasionally disturb the serenity of the warm room. You also see a massive ironwood desk with an open dispatch pouch on it, some worn granite steps leading down, a scale-and-platt staircase leading up and a shadowed alcove.
Also here: GameMaster Talisker
Obvious exits: none
>
Talisker says, "Helo, Toj."
>'howdy
You say, "Howdy."
>look talis
You see GameMaster Talisker MacSkye the Warrior.
He appears to be a Giant of the T'Kirem Clan.
He appears to be senescent and very tall. He has silver-flecked stormy grey eyes and tanned skin. He has long, tied back dark auburn hair streaked with silver. He has a haggard face, an aquiline nose and deep laugh lines.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing some reinforced leather, a heavy backpack, a reinforced shield, a large sack, a large sack, a sleeveless front-laced homespun shirt, a translucent glaes spider charm, a mottled centaur hide satchel, a plain black armband, a massive bearskin mantle fastened over the shoulder with a rune-etched minotaur horn, a roa'ter skin baldric, a braided horse-hair necklace, some laced brown leather cuarans, a furry brown spider charm, a fluffy pink meezer with a mohawk, a battered leather weapons harness, a tartan heather sachet, a gem pouch, and a blue and heather tartan feileadh mor.
>
Talisker asks, "How's it going?"
>"good good
You say, "Good good."

>
Talisker asks, "Been having problems with other players?"
>'not at all
You say, "Not at all."

>
Talisker says, "If you're not having any problems, why the constant accusations against Vif ... and others."

>'cause it is fun for me
You say, "Cause it is fun for me."
>
Talisker asks, "Are you aware that repetitive use of the ACCUSE verb can cause your own arrest?"

>'she says happy hanakua or some crap on net and I go accuse her and she gets arrested
You say, "She says happy hanakua or some crap on net and I go accuse her and she gets arrested."
>
>
Talisker says, "The ACCUSE verb is not intended for your "fun"."

>
Talisker says, "I saw her using Thrakmas and something similar."
>
Talisker asks, "You had a problem with that?"
>"yes
You say, "Yes."
>
Talisker asks, "And you felt that was worth an arrest?"
>

>'it is OOC also show me on the calendar of Elanthia that it is a holiday
You say, "It is OOC also show me on the calendar of Elanthia that it is a holiday."
>

Talisker says, "Thrakmas is commonly used by the players to refer to Christmas. Just like the word "weather" refers to lag."

>"no the constable felt she was worthy of arrest all I did was accuse her
You say, "No the constable felt she was worthy of arrest all I did was accuse her."
>
Talisker says, "It's not a violation of policy."
>
Talisker says, "Actually, it was a roll of the dice and you happened to win."

>'all OOC and should be stopped regardless of how long it is in use
You say, "All OOC and should be stopped regardless of how long it is in use."
>

>"yup very lucky so far
You say, "Yup very lucky so far."
>
Talisker says, "Then ask her to stop it, politely."

>"why dont Simu ask her to stop it politely
You say, "Why dont Simu ask her to stop it politely."
>
Talisker says, "Tojgii, your use of the accuse verb is coming very close to harassment."

>'well when it is let me know
You say, "Well when it is let me know."
>

>
Talisker says, "I'm telling you, now, it is harassment."
>'that is so funny
You say, "That is so funny."
>
Talisker says, "I'm suggesting very strongly that you reserve the accuse verb for actual crimes such as assault, stealing, etc., not things that offend your personal sensibilities."
>
Talisker says, "Being OOC is something that you need to let us know about, not the constable."
>

Talisker says, "The proper way to do that is to ASSISt."
>

>'and you do nothing cause you want the monthly fee
You say, "And you do nothing cause you want the monthly fee."
>
Talisker says, "And give the information to a GameHost."
>"yes I want to spend three hours in queue
You say, "Yes I want to spend three hours in queue."

>roll eyes
You roll your eyes.
>

>
Talisker says, "What we do or don't do, you will not be aware of because of privacy rules."
>

>'the idiot is still here after all these years doing the same crap so you do nothing
You say, "The idiot is still here after all these years doing the same crap so you do nothing."

>"I will not accuse anymore so all is happy here in Disneyland
You say, "I will not accuse anymore so all is happy here in Disneyland."
>
Talisker says, "I could mention that your record isn't entirely spotless, either."
>

>
Talisker says, "Let's try to get along in the game, please."
>
Talisker says, "And not abuse the accuse verb."

>'and soon I will have more "spots"
You say, "And soon I will have more "spots" ."

>shrug
You shrug.
>

>
Talisker says, "When you accuse someone, pick one crime."
>

Talisker says, "If you're not believed, drop it."
>

Talisker says, "Unless it's a legitimate problem."
>
Talisker says, "If it's not a legitimate "crime" then use ASSIST and let us know what problems you're having with Vif or whoever."
>

>'I am not going to accuse at all. This entire episode is sicking
You say, "I am not going to accuse at all. This entire episode is sicking."
>

Talisker says, "As I said, if you have problems with another player, please use ASSIST to let us know. OOC comes under that heading."
>
Talisker asks, "Do you have any questions?"

>"look at the queue now to see how well assisting works
You say, "Look at the queue now to see how well assisting works."
>

>"no all my questions are for Melissa and the way this game is headed
You say, "No all my questions are for Melissa and the way this game is headed."
>

Talisker says, "Yes, I'm about to work on that, myself. As you may be aware, it is the holiday season and many people are not able to work normal shifts."
>

Talisker smiles at you.

>"and I pay less during the holiday season? or the same
You say, "And I pay less during the holiday season? or the same."

>think
You rub your chin thoughtfully.
>
Talisker says, "Those kind of questions you might want to address to her in a letter to her play.net address, if you like."

>
Talisker says, "Have a good afternoon, then. I'll drop you back down into the game now."
>
Talisker smiles at you.
>
Talisker waves.
>'dont worry right now I will play in your disney world and not accuse
You say, "Dont worry right now I will play in your disney world and not accuse."
>
Talisker says, "I only ask that you use it properly."
>
Talisker says, "Have a good day."
>
The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...
[

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 05:40 PM
so there is your proof for those that did not think you could accuse anyone at anytime and they would get arrested.

Looks to my like a major flaw in the justice system. It works in other towns not just in the landing.

So enjoy till Simu finally fixes the justice system

Artha
12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Now just get her arrested with a fine so big she has to retire or lose all her crap.

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Now just get her arrested with a fine so big she has to retire or lose all her crap.

nope that is up to you all.

I can no longer accuse.

Skirmisher
12-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Vif sucks beyond words.

Snapp
12-19-2003, 06:05 PM
:lol: That's so hilarious! I had heard that you may be able to accuse someone and them get arrested for nothing if you have high influence. I also don't see how it's harassment... especially with Vif.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Who cares if she sucks? If you don't want to be bothered of what she does? Why not simply Squelch her? That is a quicker and most effecient way of blocking her from your gemstone existance. Than getting yourself into trouble yourself. It's ridiculous that so many people are complaining about vif saying she's annoying.. when it's equally annoying having to hear people complaining and whining about her.. and they're not doing anything on their part to squelch her forever.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
:lol: That's so hilarious! I had heard that you may be able to accuse someone and them get arrested for nothing if you have high influence. I also don't see how it's harassment... especially with Vif.

Evidently, it is. From that person that he can no longer accuse vif.. and it's up to the others to have her kicked out.. THAT IS HARRASSMENT. And for you to say that you don't see it as such.. is ridiculous.. that you are going out of your way to kick her out of gemstone.. When you can just ignore her.. or if you can't? SQUELCH!

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla
Who cares if she sucks? If you don't want to be bothered of what she does? Why not simply Squelch her? That is a quicker and most effecient way of blocking her from your gemstone existance. Than getting yourself into trouble yourself. It's ridiculous that so many people are complaining about vif saying she's annoying.. when it's equally annoying having to hear people complaining and whining about her.. and they're not doing anything on their part to squelch her forever.

Because I fucking hate her and dont want her in the game at all.

Scott
12-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Why squelch? It's more enjoyable piss off someone who is annoying. Maybe she'll get the hint, or maybe she'll get a big enough fine that she'll stop.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

You know, that says more about you than it says about her. Your rebuttal does not help your arguement.

The fact that you just said you accused her several times simply because you hate her and you don't want her playing gemstone contradicts your excuse to the GM that your reason for accusing her is because she is going OOC.

[Edited on 12-19-2003 by Lady Shalla]

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Why squelch? It's more enjoyable piss off someone who is annoying. Maybe she'll get the hint, or maybe she'll get a big enough fine that she'll stop.

That says more about your maturity... Do you honestly think that some people would not find that as annoying as you think vif is?

I am by no means excusing vif's actions.. but your excuse and petty vendetta to have her kicked out is stupid. Why do you think she's still in the lands after all this years?.. and the GM's not doing anything about it?.. BECAUSE you cannot accuse people and wish them kicked out when you are EQUALLY harrassing her.

AT LEAST. find a legitimate reason to have her kicked out.. And even then.. It's your choice for putting up with her.. The GM's will suggest squelch.. Gemstone is not made for your convenience alone.. it is not just made for vif.. and it is not just made for you.. SO if you choose to be bothered by her by not squelching her.. That's your problem. you live with it. Stop whining!

Wezas
12-19-2003, 06:34 PM

Almost makes me want to reallocate my bard with a influence near 100

Scott
12-19-2003, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Gemstone101

That says more about your maturity... Do you honestly think that some people would not find that as annoying as you think vif is?

I am by no means excusing vif's actions.. but your excuse and petty vendetta to have her kicked out is stupid. Why do you think she's still in the lands after all this years?.. and the GM's not doing anything about it?.. BECAUSE you cannot accuse people and wish them kicked out when you are EQUALLY harrassing her.

Who says kicked out? I never said that. If she wants to be a trouble maker and be OOC and nothing will get done..... it's time for the players to do something about it. She obviously doesn't get the hint, maybe she'll get the point sooner or later.

Most people have a problem with what she is doing. People have told her about what she is doing and to stop. Doesn't work. Maybe having to get her stuff out of jail and maybe lose all her stuff will give her the hint that people are tired of it. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it wrong.

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 06:35 PM

You know, that says more about you than it says about her. Your rebuttal does not help your arguement.

The fact that you just said you accused her several times simply because you hate her and you don't want her playing gemstone contradicts your excuse to the GM that your reason for accusing her is because she is going OOC.

No my character hates her as much as I do.

and of course so does the constable since he agreed with me so many times.

Snapp
12-19-2003, 06:36 PM
She's still in the game because they want their money. Vif should be banned from the shit that gets posted on here alone.

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
Almost makes me want to reallocate my bard with a influence near 100

Influence (INF): 96 (18) ... 96 (18)

is mine.

Just be aware it deals a lot with luck and watch what the constable or Sleepy tells you very carefully.

You have to develope a feel for when to take a break from using accuse. Only way to learn is to get thrown in jail for your lies.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
No my character hates her as much as I do.

and of course so does the constable since he agreed with me so many times.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what the constable thinks.. It's you who got in trouble with the GM?.. See what this maturity got you?

Sean
12-19-2003, 06:41 PM
so is me listening to you complain about people complaining about vif just as bad as the feeling you get from listening to people complain about her? why continue the cycle? you want them to ignore her but you don't ignore them...

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:42 PM
All I'm saying is that by the way you are handling it.. Chances are.. You have more odds of being kicked out by pursuing this harrasment on vif.. than her being kicked out for her antics.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
so is me listening to you complain about people complaining about vif just as bad as the feeling you get from listening to people complain about her? why continue the cycle? you want them to ignore her but you don't ignore them...

It is a cycle.. But the difference is.. I don't care about them complaining about vif. I am merely stating the fact that they are putting more trouble on themselves than on vif.

They posted.. I responded.. I am engaging on an arguement whether the initial poster's reason for having vif kicked out is legitimate. It's nothing personal.. If you want to keep accusing vif.. Go right ahead.. knock yourself out.

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla]

Yeah, it doesn't matter what the constable thinks.. It's you who got in trouble with the GM?.. See what this maturity got you?

That is not getting in trouble.

In trouble is when you have to spend time in game in a room all alone and read the TOS and the T&C.

or

GM says this is a official warning blah blah you could be deamed a high maintenance account blah blah.

Now in a couple weeks when I catch Vif outside town and kill her dumb ass I will get in trouble.

Kurili
12-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Oh, that is a wonderful attitude, Shalla. And one reason GS is as OOC and non-RP as it is. Sure, dont actually DO anything with someone who's been blatantly OOC and disgustingly vulgar for years. Just squelch. All better now.

I fail to see the reasoning there. And let's not get into my maturity level. That back and forth thing of 'You're immature' 'No, YOU'RE immature' is very very old now.

Merely my opinion.

Acolyte Kurili

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:47 PM

Now in a couple weeks when I catch Vif outside town and kill her dumb ass I will get in trouble.

Or you could SQUELCH her. :saint:

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
Oh, that is a wonderful attitude, Shalla. And one reason GS is as OOC and non-RP as it is. Sure, dont actually DO anything with someone who's been blatantly OOC and disgustingly vulgar for years. Just squelch. All better now.

I fail to see the reasoning there. And let's not get into my maturity level. That back and forth thing of 'You're immature' 'No, YOU'RE immature' is very very old now.

Merely my opinion.

Acolyte Kurili

Who said I was excusing Vif's antics? I was never excusing vif's antics. I play gemstone to roleplay as well.. and annoyed by OOC. But if you have actually been reading the posts about this topic. The initial poster's reason for wanting VIF kicked out is because simply because he hates her.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Although.. There is truth to what the initial poster said. That maybe Simu has been taking this OOC on GS prime for granted to make money.. For people to switch to platinum membership :( But that's business. It's hard to keep track of OOC in gemstone prime because of it's vast population.. compared to platinum.

That's the thing.. Psychologically, and logically..You can't stop someone from doing something by harrassing them. You could annoy each other for all eternity.. and it would not end.

Kurili
12-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Who said I was excusing Vif's antics? I was never excusing vif's antics. I play gemstone to roleplay as well.. and annoyed by OOC. But if you have actually been reading the posts about this topic. The initial poster's reason for wanting VIF kicked out is because simply because he hates her.
--------------

So? And your point? Or you just wish to play devil's advocate and argue about anything, regardless? He most certainly is not alone in his feelings about Vif.

Acolyte Kurili

Shalla
12-19-2003, 07:01 PM

So? And your point? Or you just wish to play devil's advocate and argue about anything, regardless? He most certainly is not alone in his feelings about Vif.

Acolyte Kurili

I think I have stated my point over and over again and you fail to see that. Once again.. His reasons for wanting to get vif kicked out is not legitimate. I know alot of people are not fond of vif. That said. She's still around..

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by Lady Shalla]

Skirmisher
12-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Um....do try to keep up though.

The reason he hates her as with the vast majority of us who do is that she simply refuses to even try to avoid being ooc.

I have in an extremely polite manner asked her on numerous occasions to not speak or think on the net in such am ooc manner. Others here have as well.

Someone so incredibly self centered and inconsiderate has used up any consideration I try to give.

Nothing she does in game can atone for her ooc actions and to attempt in any way to make it seem otherwise is an exercise in futility.

Sean
12-19-2003, 07:04 PM

Acolyte Kurili

I think I have stated my point over and over again and you fail to see that. Once again.. His reasons for wanting to get vif kicked out is not legitimate. I know alot of people are not fond of vif. That said. She's still around..

his reasons for wanting her kicked out are legitimate .. his reasons for accusing her IG for an OOC and getting her arrested are just considered harassment there is a difference.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 07:05 PM
So she's a stubborn fuck.. She does it to annoy you all.. and she's getting away with it.. You try to ask a GM for help to no avail. What then will you do?

Skirmisher
12-19-2003, 07:06 PM
I dunno, but maybe TOJ has the right idea.

If we all would simply acuse her once a day...

Sean
12-19-2003, 07:09 PM
So she's a stubborn fuck.. She does it to annoy you all.. and she's getting away with it.. You try to ask a GM for help to no avail. What then will you do?

i think you're wrong i don't think she does it to annoy us. i think she does it because her friends in the game encourage it with their SOOPER HUGS TO AUNTIE VIF I LOVE YOU and by laughing with her at her lame and gross jokes. she does it to amuse herself and those who have similar IQs to her. then again this is all just my opinion.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

That's not going to change the Player of Vif. I don't think the GS accusations will send her flying to a Real life shrink.

Sean
12-19-2003, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Skirmisher

That's not going to change the Player of Vif. I don't think the GS accusations will send her flying to a Real life shrink.

obviously it was enough to get her to cry about it and whine to the GMs to make it stop.

ps. i wonder how many kobold boxes she has to pick to pay her fines.

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by Tijay]

Shalla
12-19-2003, 07:11 PM
i think you're wrong i don't think she does it to annoy us. i think she does it because her friends in the game encourage it with their SOOPER HUGS TO AUNTIE VIF I LOVE YOU and by laughing with her at her lame and gross jokes. she does it to amuse herself and those who have similar IQs to her. then again this is all just my opinion.

Well I know she's perverted.. But that said.. Shouldn't her family be blamed as well then? equally accused?

You said it yourself... As much as there are people who dislikes her... There are other people who encourages her.. There is a third party however.. People who just ignore her entirely. Even if the GM'S kick her out of the game.. She could easily make up a new character. Ohh the dilemma.

Sean
12-19-2003, 07:12 PM
haasheks her family .. he gets flamed plenty.

Shalla
12-19-2003, 07:13 PM
haasheks her family .. he gets flamed plenty.

You're kidding right?

Sean
12-19-2003, 07:14 PM
no i'm not

Kurili
12-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Tijay would not kid about that. Haashek is her brother, as I recall.

Acolyte Kurili

Shalla
12-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Well.. I personally think the accusing thing won't work. And as stated.. The money is all what matters to simu than customer service. The only way I can think of that would get ONE person kicked out of the game.. or reprimand someone to the point that they would stop their outrageous antics period. Is to get as many accounts possible on your side.. and have the "It's either you tell her to stop.. Or we ALL Leave and quit."

since it's all about the money. I think that would get Simu's attention, don't you?

HarmNone
12-19-2003, 07:25 PM
No way would I use SQUELCH for Vif. SQUELCHing Vif is not going to solve the problem, only deliver me from it. The way to solve the problem is ASSIST/REPORT and take the time to do it right. While the queues are long, I am sure, if one wants something badly enough, one takes the time necessary, and uses the means most effective, to get the job done with no backfires. ;)

HarmNone

Shalla
12-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
No way would I use SQUELCH for Vif. SQUELCHing Vif is not going to solve the problem, only deliver me from it. The way to solve the problem is ASSIST/REPORT and take the time to do it right. While the queues are long, I am sure, if one wants something badly enough, one takes the time necessary, and uses the means most effective, to get the job done with no backfires. ;)

HarmNone

It did backfire.. as you can see from the initial post. It was he who got in trouble because he did it wrong. He approached the matter by harrassing her.

theotherjohn
12-19-2003, 07:30 PM
HarmNone

It did backfire.. as you can see from the initial post. It was he who got in trouble because he did it wrong. He approached the matter by harrassing her. [/quote]

did it backfire?

what trouble are you talking about that I got into?

I speak with GMs and hosts all the time about many things that deal with the game.

HarmNone
12-19-2003, 08:00 PM
It did backfire.. as you can see from the initial post. It was he who got in trouble because he did it wrong. He approached the matter by harrassing her.

Umm, no. What backfired was trying to use ACCUSE to accomplish the purpose while saving oneself the time and frustration associated with waiting in the queue for an ASSIST.

I suggested using ASSIST/REPORT, and that will not work unless many people do it, and do it EVERY time Vif makes an ass of herself publically. If the PTB get enough ASSIST/REPORTs on one person to cause them to start pulling their hair out, that person becomes, by default, high-maintenence. Comprende? :D

HarmNone explains

*Edited to add: If you want it done, it will take a group of people working together to get it done. Those people will need to keep their eyes and ears open for offensive behaviors, make sure their complaints are legitimate, and keep at it until their purpose is accomplished.*

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by HarmNone]

Moist Happenings
12-19-2003, 08:04 PM
I wonder if they would do anything if we coordinated it so the entirety of the PC forums coordinated and reported that they were having trouble with Vif being constantly OOC for the past I dunno, decade or however long she's been playing. They say "if enough people complain we'll look into it". But I have a lot of trouble believing none of the GMs have noticed that she's a fucking OOC idiot since she's started playing.

HarmNone
12-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Like I said, it takes quite a few people reporting valid incidents of vulgar/lewd or disturbing behavior EVERY TIME they see it. It will not happen because one or two people report haphazardly. It will require concerted effort. ;)

HarmNone

Moist Happenings
12-19-2003, 08:23 PM
So everybody make it a point to report up sometime today with concern that Vif has been consistently OOC for the entire time she's played the game and something might happen. :P

HarmNone
12-19-2003, 08:26 PM
I think you might have more luck with her tendency to be downright vulgar. It is not as though that particular behavior is a rarity for Vif. :D

HarmNone

Caramia
12-20-2003, 01:43 AM

You sure will, considering it's PvP and based largely on OOC reasons.

It's also a great example of why GMs can't take any action against Vif, because you do crap like this that makes it look unconsented and harassment.

I'm with Shalla on this, way to go! Bravo.

Trinitis
12-20-2003, 01:53 AM

Or you could SQUELCH her. :saint:

You have any idea the ammout of stuff you miss when you SQUELCH someone? I had a person squelched for a week or so..then I realized that when he was in a room..Boom, I could not see ANYONE in that room. SQUELCH is not a good answer.

-Adredrin

Sean
12-20-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Caramia

You sure will, considering it's PvP and based largely on OOC reasons.

It's also a great example of why GMs can't take any action against Vif, because you do crap like this that makes it look unconsented and harassment.

not really. with vif you can find a million and one reasons to make it CvC. sure it will still be PvP in theory but justification is easy to find. i know i certainly had no prolems with killing her when she called me a child abuser on the amulet.

Betheny
12-20-2003, 07:20 AM
I didn't read this whole thread, but Vif deserves what she gets. The fact that she bitches and moans to the GM's is simply proof she's a stupid asshole. Oh... and... when was the last ti me a GM spoke up like that for any of US? (US being the general GS population).

theotherjohn
12-20-2003, 07:29 AM

do you even read the posts or just troll and post?

Xcalibur
12-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Whisper @ If you continue this behavior with me, I'll take it as a consentement to CvC

Does wonder!

DaMaGe
12-20-2003, 09:11 AM
I've followed Vif around for an entire day once, reporting at least ten times during a five or six hour time frame. I never saw any GM intervention, no pulling her up into a consultation lounge, nothing. She's untouchable.

I want her to be the mother of my children.

-Adam

Weedmage Princess
12-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Too bad the art of blacklisting has been done away with. A lot of snerts saw the light via being blacklisted.

Myshel
12-20-2003, 09:46 AM
I'm surprised she hasn't found this board yet. Has she ever visited?

CrystalTears
12-20-2003, 09:48 AM
She probably either doesn't care or gets off on the attention.

Myshel
12-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Maybe someone should tell her, that would make a fun thread.
I'm such a trouble maker.. grin

Tsa`ah
12-20-2003, 09:58 AM
How long has this twit been playing? How many times has she been reported legitimately? How many times do you think she's been warned or banned?

As much as I hate conspiracy theories...

She's either a wife, fiancée, girlfriend, or friend with benefits to a SGM ...

Or an SGM.

Honestly, that's the only thing I can think of.

We know reporting will do nothing. A search of my logs from the last 2 years shows I've reported the idiot 26 times. If 100 people report one eighth of what I have, that's 351 separate instances reported in two years. I'm guessing it could be significantly higher, but as we all know, reporting is useless.

TOJ has the right idea. We just need to get 50 or so characters together with good persuasive personalities and get her arrested 100 or so times a day.

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by Tsa`ah]

StrayRogue
12-20-2003, 10:12 AM
I say we all keep accusing her.

Sean
12-20-2003, 10:53 AM
id laugh because odds are they would just change the accuse mechanic instead of doing something about her.

Betheny
12-20-2003, 10:56 AM
id laugh because odds are they would just change the accuse mechanic instead of doing something about her.

:-/ That's the sad, sad truth.

Chelle
12-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
How long has this twit been playing? How many times has she been reported legitimately? How many times do you think she's been warned or banned?

As much as I hate conspiracy theories...

She's either a wife, fiancée, girlfriend, or friend with benefits to a SGM ...

Or an SGM.

Honestly, that's the only thing I can think of.

We know reporting will do nothing. A search of my logs from the last 2 years shows I've reported the idiot 26 times. If 100 people report one eighth of what I have, that's 351 separate instances reported in two years. I'm guessing it could be significantly higher, but as we all know, reporting is useless.

TOJ has the right idea. We just need to get 50 or so characters together with good persuasive personalities and get her arrested 100 or so times a day.

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by Tsa`ah]

I have been saying this for a while now. That she is, or related to, or boffing some GM or high up person.

I know of several people who have reported her many times. I have reported her. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who HASN'T reported her for something!

Betheny
12-20-2003, 11:08 AM
I report her pretty much whenever I see her. /shrug

Usually because she's OOC.

HarmNone
12-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Too bad the art of blacklisting has been done away with. A lot of snerts saw the light via being blacklisted.

Preach on, sistah! With a smaller population that would work together, blacklisting was amazingly effective. :)

HarmNone

Soulpieced
12-20-2003, 11:27 AM
I reported her last night and said that the whole Thrakkukah or whatever is offensive and does not belong in the game.

Snapp
12-20-2003, 11:37 AM
If you care about RP at all, you almost can't help but report her everytime you see her. I hate reporting, and I know I've reported that bitch at least 5 times in the last year.

Soulpieced
12-20-2003, 11:37 AM
On a side note, squealching is not an appropriate answer to the problem.

Skirmisher
12-20-2003, 02:05 PM
If you care about RP at all, you almost can't help but report her everytime you see her. I hate reporting, and I know I've reported that bitch at least 5 times in the last year.

You know what? I just realized how much my own experiences mirror yours.

I also almost NEVER use report. If I see someone acting in an ooc manner I find that a quiet word or two relayed in a descrete manner is plenty to get the offender to try to be more careful. I may have used report 10 times or less in my entire time playing and that is going back to way before aol went to a flat price plan.

Of those ten times I would say that 8 or so are about Vif.

I certainly cannot be acused of abusing the report feature yet I also have reported her numerous times.

As loathe as I am to use the word favoritism, I am failing to find any possible other explanation for allowing behavior such as Vif displays to continue.

I know I speak in an ooc manner with friends quite often, but only in whispers or in a home. Its not difficult.

She simply does not care about anyone other than herself.

Straight-up
12-20-2003, 08:21 PM
I dunno, I can't stand Vif myself. But I think that you who admits to having sold characters on ebay accusing her of OOC is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

Straight

theotherjohn
12-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Straight-up
I dunno, I can't stand Vif myself. But I think that you who admits to having sold characters on ebay accusing her of OOC is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

Straight

one is out of game activity

one is in game activity

No one has ever posted anywhere about any of my characters being OOC.

other than one warrior no one other than the buyer can name any character I have ever sold.

HarmNone
12-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
On a side note, squealching is not an appropriate answer to the problem.

I agree, Soulpie. However, if people have been REPORTing as often as they appear to have been concerning Vif's behavior, and nothing has been done, it really makes using the channels suggested by the GMs appear useless, does it not?

Apparently, for certain people or under certain conditions, any behavior is considered acceptable. To be honest, that makes me angry, too.

HarmNone

Straight-up
12-21-2003, 12:33 AM
If you don't think accusing someone to the constable for THEM being OOC is also OOC....

That borders right up there on taking comments said out of game into conflicts in the game.

Straight

HarmNone
12-21-2003, 12:38 AM
You could accuse them of a dangerous madness, I suppose. After all, they are running about spouting gibberish! :D

HarmNone

Back
12-21-2003, 12:52 AM
I always liked Vif. But she never looked at me twice... :(

Warriorbird
12-28-2003, 02:04 AM
It's just really really hard to get someone for that sort of thing. Last time I seriously put an effort to it, I got a send for "abusing report and assist".

Caiylania
12-28-2003, 03:15 AM
If she is in an OOG relationship with a staffmember, I think its horribly sad and pathetic to be having sex with someone just so she can continue playing a game. I mean, that is ....... nevermind.

Caramia
12-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Think about what you just said. What staffmember in their right mind would want to be associated with someone that vulgar, that OOC, that unable to RP, that disliked? What could someone that possessed all those "skills" possibly have to offer them? Sex? Please... there are plenty other fish in the sea that aren't seen as problematic.

TheRoseLady
12-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Think about what you just said. What staffmember in their right mind would want to be associated with someone that vulgar, that OOC, that unable to RP, that disliked? What could someone that possessed all those "skills" possibly have to offer them? Sex? Please... there are plenty other fish in the sea that aren't seen as problematic.

You are of course giving the person more credit than they deserve, Caramia. Sex has gotten many, normally rational and sensible men into hot water before...heh...

<insert several cliches about which head is really doing the thinking>

I guess even someone as offensive as Vif could persuade someone desperate. :lol:

If I didn't know what Beautifulgreen was capable of getting accomplished, then I would likely be as suspect as you - however I would not be surprised.

-TRL

**Let me add that I really do think the GMs are as above board as you can be, and are mostly careful to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. Now...if we could just fix some of the customer service bungles of late...

MrThorbizzle
12-29-2003, 10:12 PM
I would have asked the GM why the justice system allows you to accuse people when they have committed no crime? Is it design, or a bug?

I like the concept if it is design - it's not like you can do it an unlimited amount of times before the constable gets mad at you - but it's lame how Simu can't build a simple justice system that functions without constant GameHost and GameMaster intervention...

theotherjohn
12-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by MrThorbizzle

I like the concept if it is design - it's not like you can do it an unlimited amount of times before the constable gets mad at you -

actually if your luck is good, you can do it an unlimited amount of times before the constable gets mad at you.

I did it so many times I lost count.

Methais
01-15-2004, 11:07 AM
<<Or you could SQUELCH her. -Shalla>>

Please explain what this will accomplish? Vif will still be there in all her stupid fatass waste of life OOC glory, acting like a complete ass and being the poster child for why GS has become such a pathetic excuse for a "roleplaying" game.

Roleplaying reinvented my ass.

A long time ago in the treehouse, Vif told me she was a GM. Obviously she's not, but I thought it was funny she said she was.

[Edited on 1-15-2004 by Methais]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-15-2004, 11:56 AM
I just canceled my premium status and specifically addressed the High maintenance policy and Vif, Haashek and Warclaidhm in my term letter. Like they'll give a shit.

Xcalibur
01-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
addressed the High maintenance policy.

Care to elaborate on this? what is it all about?

Shalla
01-15-2004, 12:11 PM
It's an option methais, since nothing is being done about her antics. And I cannot believe you dolts brought this old topic back to life. Although, It is quite irritating when they are proud to say "roleplaying reinvented" and still allow such things to happen. UNLESS, their concept of reinvented roleplaying is to act out of character, and be IRC like.

I know at one point or the other, we have gone OOC. but I think the problem is more with simu's tolerance, and what they they take for granted. I certainly hope there are more genuine roleplayers in the gemstone populace than the people you guys complain about.

Roleplayers = probably 20%?
E-bay character merchants = 20%
Loners, and anti social hermits = 40%
drama queens, idiots, trouble instigators, psychotic low esteemed teenagers, out of character king and queens = 20%

Drew2
01-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
addressed the High maintenance policy.

Care to elaborate on this? what is it all about?
Type POLICY in game. I think it's the very last one. Basically it says "If we have to do a lot of work on your behalf because you're being a jackass, you're out."

Methais
01-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Roleplaying Reinvented should have been called:

Gemstone IV: We have a bunch of new verbs!

Warriorbird
01-15-2004, 03:34 PM
I dunno if it's totally not in effect. I didn't notice the GMs giving Waridiot his most recent claidhmore loss back...and for all the times Haashek "reported" me, I never got a single warning of any kind or even a word spoken to me.

Methais
01-15-2004, 04:55 PM
The GMs probably just ignore reports from Haashek and Warclaidhm by now.

[REPORT: Haashek] Someone help me this guy just called me dumb!

[REPORT: Warclaidhm] OMFG SOMEONE HELP I DROPPED MY CLAIDHMORE AND ANTICOR SCAMMED ME!