PDA

View Full Version : PsiNet

Gris
03-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Never used it. Seems like many do. Should I use it? Where can I get it?

roller81
03-26-2008, 12:00 AM
website is http://psinet.dynalias.net/main.html

Gan
03-26-2008, 12:41 AM
I use it.

Its pretty cool.

The management of it is questionable at times.

Bobmuhthol
03-26-2008, 12:42 AM
As Gan alluded to, unless Jamus has figured out how to not be dumb, most of the mods on PsiNet are fucking douche bags and do not understand objectivity.

roller81
03-26-2008, 01:14 AM
I actually just downloaded it when i posted that link, but im having an issue trying to install it. I have the launcher installed(as admin), but i'm getting the message 'Could not access the simutronics game launcher location key. please install .. blah blah'.

Also, I'm using vista 64-bit, if that matters..any ideas?

Xaerve
03-26-2008, 02:13 AM
I'd argue that its worth getting. The chat functionality that involves the moderators is the least desirable aspect of it, anyway; regardless of your views on anything else.

Drisco
03-26-2008, 07:29 AM
It's good. If you don't like talking it is still has many functions you can use.

1) Psinet Locating.
2) Atlas
3) Asking for help
4) Keeping Track Of Magic
5) Spells you up automatically
6) Sorts your inventory
7) Spelling Mistakes
8) Spell Abbrev.
9) ? function
10) Chatting

Atlas is new and the best thing that ever happened to psinet. If you are lost in the landing you just need to put in Goto 1000 and you run to the TSC. There are a list of the major points. Also when you psinet locate someone and you want to get to them it provides the room # they are in an you can just put goto # and it takes you there.

As for the moderators and management. That only goes as far as if you are tuning into the OOC channel. You may not like them because a lot of people on there are douchebags but you will find yourself still enjoying it.

Also Jamus does a lot of awesome updates frequently and adds new/improve features all the time. So it is always up to date. He will probably be adding the lores into the spells now that they are updated.

StJimmy
03-26-2008, 08:11 AM
I'd use it if all it did was the atlas function, it's superb. Do yourself and favor and never ever tune into OOC, it's a waste of time unless you like talking about 5th grade stuff with a bunch of mostly fuckwits.

Liberi Fatali
03-26-2008, 08:18 AM
I'd use it if all it did was the atlas function, it's superb. Do yourself and favor and never ever tune into OOC, it's a waste of time unless you like talking about 5th grade stuff with a bunch of mostly fuckwits.

It's not so bad in the mornings. Here's what I've seen in 2 hours since I logged on:

[OOC]-Divo: "any empaths?"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "Where at?"
[OOC]-Divo: "mule?"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "Ah, no."
[OOC]-Divo: "where are you?"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "Teras."
[OOC]-Divo: "shux"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "Got four winds?"
[OOC]-Divo: "nope"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "A siren leans over to another siren and whispers, pointing at you. They both giggle with slightly flushed faces."
[OOC]-Divo: "don't go dude"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "lol"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "GOOD FUCKING GOD I FUCKING HATE CMAN CHARGE"
[OOC]-Divo: "heh"

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
On behalf of the one (and possibly only) non PsiNet user, DON'T DO IT! The game is already boring enough for a good portion of time, why make it even MORE predictable/generic walkthrough guide-style nonsense than it already is? If getting the slight edge that PsiNet could provide is really worth sacrificing whatever remaining mystery and intrigue there is behind, I'm sorry for you. Personally, I find it fun trying to fight out of a jam when I rely a bit too heavily on my spells, and suddenly melt down to create a dramatic escape of sorts.

Gibreficul
03-28-2008, 04:33 AM
I liked it when the psinet loot page actually worked. That page going down is one of the many reasons I uninstalled.

Gan
03-28-2008, 07:17 AM
I've used the loot function maybe once or twice in the time it was released until its disappearance.

:shrug:

Atlas and libraries FTW.

OOC and WTF channels take some of the boredom out. Sometimes they go over the top and I untune, but most times I only pay attention when I'm not hunting.

Drew
03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Psinet is cool, just never tune into OOC, or do so sparingly. Off hours are ok, but prime time is a cluster fuck.

Sylph
04-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Does Psinet work with MAC OSX? I've not played in a while thinking about coming back to mess around for a bit.

Sylph
04-07-2008, 09:12 AM
No chance of getting Psinet to work with Avalon/MAC OSX, then?

Drew2
04-07-2008, 09:17 AM
No.

Sylph
04-07-2008, 09:50 AM
son of a...

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Atlas function in combination with the alias and away functions, makes it easily the best shit ever in my mind. Now, instead of writing walking scripts, I make an alias like... ALIAS TSC=goto 1000\r or ALIAS AG=goto (whatever number).

PsiNet is WIN. I've been trying to catch Jamus so I can give him some coins in game for it (he can sell if he wants) but haven't had much luck.

g++
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Jamus is usually comatose somewhere between townsquare central and heartstone.

JamusPsi
04-15-2008, 08:21 AM
>moderate ooc list
You ask the PsiNet to list the moderators of the ooc channel.
The following people are moderators for the OOC channel:
Eoghain Belnia Iomelindi Zimzum
Starkly
Total: 5

If any of these people acts unobjectively or in a way not in accordance with the PsiNet policy, a report should be made and I will look into it personally. I also receive a log message and a page whenever they use their abilities:

Alert - moderation.log at Tue Apr 15 06:58:31 2008:
BannedFromChannel: Jamus is now banned from channel "OOC" by Jamus[ip 66.x.x.x]

--and so I usually am able to check up on it after the fact even when a report is not made. Having them around drastically reduces the courage of people who would break the policy and so they rarely have to invoke their authority.

Note that the moderators will occasionally briefly ban or silence someone as either a first warning or a playful jest, in the tradition of IRC mods everywhere. If the target doesn't take the joke well they're advised not to do so again.

I am always willing to discuss my decisions where my moderators and policy are concerned.

As far as the content of OOC: quite frankly, I find it to be drastically, drastically less volatile than these forums, where it seems that practically every post elicits a few trolling responses.

In response to the idea that PsiNet drains away too much of the mystery of the game- you may be right. It's something I'm pondering lately. Other games- notably World Of Warcraft- are generally pretty open about their mechanics and formulas. At least, moreso than GS4, where the documentation may tell you which skills apply, but not how much or which stats apply as well. Are those necessarily 'good' mysteries?

On the other hand, Atlas has suddenly made moving around anywhere pretty much a no-brainer. I have found myself paying less and less attention to the route and focusing more and more on the destination, even if I have only a vague idea of where that place lies in the game. People who use locate and goto frequently probably know what I mean.

While I acknowledge that there is a danger of over-measuring the game and taking the allure out of it, I personally feel that the game has too much tedium as it is. The amount of time people spend getting from place to place, spelling up unnecessarily or inaccurately, looking up documents on outside websites, scanning their inventories looking for particular items.. these are things my software is designed to alleviate.

Personally, I also feel that the communication features are crucial. I find the esp system inadequate, and the player population too spread-out within the game. I cannot think of another modern game where two players across the game-world cannot communicate at will. Our IM lists, chat rooms, and forums tell us that we've all been doing this anyway for years.

As with everything PsiNet does, I just make it easier.

Parkbandit
04-15-2008, 08:29 AM
:rofl: @ you having Zimzum as a moderator.. then almost bragging about it here.

Gan
04-15-2008, 09:45 AM
>moderate ooc list
You ask the PsiNet to list the moderators of the ooc channel.
The following people are moderators for the OOC channel:
Eoghain Belnia Iomelindi Zimzum
Starkly
Total: 5

If any of these people acts unobjectively or in a way not in accordance with the PsiNet policy, a report should be made and I will look into it personally. I also receive a log message and a page whenever they use their abilities:

Alert - moderation.log at Tue Apr 15 06:58:31 2008:
BannedFromChannel: Jamus is now banned from channel "OOC" by Jamus[ip 66.x.x.x]

--and so I usually am able to check up on it after the fact even when a report is not made. Having them around drastically reduces the courage of people who would break the policy and so they rarely have to invoke their authority.

Note that the moderators will occasionally briefly ban or silence someone as either a first warning or a playful jest, in the tradition of IRC mods everywhere. If the target doesn't take the joke well they're advised not to do so again.

I am always willing to discuss my decisions where my moderators and policy are concerned.

As far as the content of OOC: quite frankly, I find it to be drastically, drastically less volatile than these forums, where it seems that practically every post elicits a few trolling responses.

In response to the idea that PsiNet drains away too much of the mystery of the game- you may be right. It's something I'm pondering lately. Other games- notably World Of Warcraft- are generally pretty open about their mechanics and formulas. At least, moreso than GS4, where the documentation may tell you which skills apply, but not how much or which stats apply as well. Are those necessarily 'good' mysteries?

On the other hand, Atlas has suddenly made moving around anywhere pretty much a no-brainer. I have found myself paying less and less attention to the route and focusing more and more on the destination, even if I have only a vague idea of where that place lies in the game. People who use locate and goto frequently probably know what I mean.

While I acknowledge that there is a danger of over-measuring the game and taking the allure out of it, I personally feel that the game has too much tedium as it is. The amount of time people spend getting from place to place, spelling up unnecessarily or inaccurately, looking up documents on outside websites, scanning their inventories looking for particular items.. these are things my software is designed to alleviate.

Personally, I also feel that the communication features are crucial. I find the esp system inadequate, and the player population too spread-out within the game. I cannot think of another modern game where two players across the game-world cannot communicate at will. Our IM lists, chat rooms, and forums tell us that we've all been doing this anyway for years.

As with everything PsiNet does, I just make it easier.

Like the time Zimzum banned Elrodin's character because he made mention to the Zimzum stealing thread here on the PC. You removed Zimzum's moderating ability for what.. two weeks?

Yea, your selection of moderators could be construed as questionable. From the list provided above you're batting .400

AnticorRifling
04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
.500 why that's almost half!

Gan
04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
haha, see the edit. I didnt see Starkly on the bottom.

Bobmuhthol
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
How the fuck do you have a third of five moderators?

Gan
04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Well shit. I told you I was having a math challenged day.

2 of 5

:(

Drisco
04-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Ban Ariond..

StrayRogue
04-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree. He and a few others were the sole reason for me remaining off the OOC channel.

But considering how Jamus likes to the suck the proverbial dicks of people like Ariond and Rocksand, it's not likely to change.

JamusPsi
04-15-2008, 05:17 PM
@ you having Zimzum as a moderator.. then almost bragging about it here.

Like the time Zimzum banned Elrodin's character because he made mention to the Zimzum stealing thread here on the PC. You removed Zimzum's moderating ability for what.. two weeks?

Yes. And he hasn't made a mistake since. It was dealt with swiftly and his actions reversed:

Sun Sep 09 20:52:02 2007 BannedFromChannel: Mxxxx is now banned from channel "OOC" by Zimzum[ip 65.x.x.x]
Sun Sep 09 21:49:10 2007 UnbannedFromChannel: Mxxxxx was unbanned from channel "OOC" by Jamus[ip 66.x.x.x]

People make mistakes and he made one. I corrected it and dealt with it, and there was a long probationary period involved.

But considering how Jamus likes to the suck the proverbial dicks of people like Ariond and Rocksand, it's not likely to change.

Rocksand has been banned from PsiNet for well over a year for extraordinarily bigoted comments and a refusal to keep them to herself.

Ariond will not be banned so long as he does not break any of my rules, just like anyone else. You are not required to be well-liked in order to remain on PsiNet. More to the point, he is rather mild anymore anyway, since he and I discussed his behavior. You certainly don't have to like him- I can only tolerate him most of the time- but you should not expect me to ban him because of it.

(And again, I'll point out that he's *drastically* less volatile than certain presences on these forums.)

Yea, your selection of moderators could be construed as questionable. From the list provided above you're batting .400

As said before, I welcome feedback on my selections. If you have any concerns about the actions or methods of three of those five people in their moderating duties, please let me know as soon as possible so they can be addressed.

If, however, your criticism boils down to "I don't like them they suck," you probably won't see any action taken.

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Jamus is better at programming than he is at business ethics.

Obviously. He has Zimzum as a moderator.

And personaly, I'd question someone's mental capacity if they hold a liking for someone like Rocksand.

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
You have a short attention span it seems, StrayRogue, because you mentioned this before and I answered you.

Obviously. He has Zimzum as a moderator.

And personaly, I'd question someone's mental capacity if they hold a liking for someone like Rocksand.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=714100&highlight=jamus#post714100

Rocksand has been banned from PsiNet for well over a year for extraordinarily bigoted comments and a refusal to keep them to herself.

Hey Gan, I like that you were totally silent on the channel when I made my comments, but then had the balls to come here and talk shit about me. :clap:

Jamus... defender of the crooked and malcontent.

To make my position clear: I am not defending anyone. I don't know anything about any scamming. I haven't even read this thread. I don't know what Nelek has or hasn't done. I don't know Nelek, but I admit to having thought him a bit shady in the past. I made comments about one particular situation, and my opinion there stands: for the offense of undercutting someone else's sale, who the fuck cares?

The cheapest seller decides what something is worth. It's just QQing to bitch about someone who is beating your price.

Sure, it's tactless and rude to directly undercut someone; should you do business with him? Maybe not, if he's going to turn around and be a jerk.

But did he do anything wrong? Should he be hung for his crime of offering a lower price? Probably not.

Also,

[Private]-Jamus: "Gee, thanks for that."

[PrivateTo]-Jamus: "welcome "

[Private]-Jamus: "bite me"

[PrivateTo]-Jamus: "no thx. "

Hee hee I'm an asshole who couldn't say it to his face, and now I'm posting about his irritation here.

Fix'd

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry, but I would permanently remove someone from my staff who ripped off another person, tried to conceal that fact, then lied about it - even after the truth was uncovered. I was absent from the PC during the middle of that little farce, so I have no idea if Elrodin, who is as good a guy as any, even got recompense for that little stunt.

As for the Rocksand thing, I recall for a long time you smoozing all over here all the while people was saying how retarded she was.

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry, but I would permanently remove someone from my staff who ripped off another person, tried to conceal that fact, then lied about it - even after the truth was uncovered. I was absent from the PC during the middle of that little farce, so I have no idea if Elrodin, who is as good a guy as any, even got recompense for that little stunt.

I, not being Elrodin or Zimzum, and apparently unlike you lacking the psychic powers and crystal ball to divine the exact truth from the situation, do not know for certain what happened there.

As I have stated before, I got a different story from Zimzum, which I find plausible- or at least, as plausible as the accusation. I will not insist that he is innocent, but I am unconvinced of his guilt. Therefore, I do not use that as a basis for removing him. I DID however take action in response to his activity as a moderator. For more detail on that, see the quoted post.

As for the Rocksand thing, I recall for a long time you smoozing all over here all the while people was saying how retarded she was.

No, I tolerated her, and thought, mistakenly, that she was smarter than she is due to her occasional moments of non-batshit-crazy lucidity. Also, I am friends with a number of nice, but not very bright, people. I don't consider them to be beneath my attention or friendship. And so, had Rocksand not violated the policy, she would still be on PsiNet, being retarded and obnoxious. Indeed, I was long since disillusioned with her before she was banned.

Why do these discussions always seem to turn to "You like or put up with like people I/we don't like, therefore your judgment sucks"

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 06:29 PM
RE: Judgement

One word. Ariond.

No sorry, add another word: Cleara.

Tolerance of such people, IMO, speaks of poor judgement.

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 06:41 PM
One word. Ariond.

No sorry, add another word: Cleara.

Tolerance of such people, IMO, speaks of poor judgement.

Why do these discussions always seem to turn to "You like or put up with like people I/we don't like, therefore your judgment sucks"

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured I will give all due weight to your opinion.

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I'll reiterate. If you can't see that Ariond or Cleara are idiots then yes, your judgement sucks.

Nieninque
04-19-2008, 06:43 PM
If Jamus was banning people for being stupid, OOC would be empty.

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I'll reiterate. If you can't see that Ariond or Cleara are idiots then yes, your judgement sucks.

Also, I am friends with a number of nice, but not very bright, people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension :yes:

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
It's probably because I'm a believer in eugenics that I actually think that Jamus allowing retarded people like Ariond/Cleara et al. to be completely stupid and annoy people via OOC (and to some extent with his protection), to be something inately wrong.

The old, "if I moderate one person I have to moderate everyone" argument does apply, but so does the idea that allowing certain individuals free reign to say and do what they please, no matter how dumb, has a negative impact on such things.

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 06:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension :yes:

I know some dumb people. I also know some fucking annoying people. One does not always automatically follow the other.

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 06:59 PM
It's probably because I'm a believer in eugenics that I actually think that Jamus allowing retarded people like Ariond/Cleara et al. to be completely stupid and annoy people via OOC (and to some extent with his protection), to be something inately wrong.

The old, "if I moderate one person I have to moderate everyone" argument does apply, but so does the idea that allowing certain individuals free reign to say and do what they please, no matter how dumb, has a negative impact on such things.

>psinet
PsiNet Menu

PsiNet Client Commands:
PSINET LINK : Link to the PsiNet
PSINET UNLINK : Unlink from the PsiNet
PSINET VERSION : Display version information
PSINET POLICY : View PsiNet's policy
PSINET UPDATE : Update your client
PSINET UNINSTALL : Uninstall PsiNet
PSINET OPTIONS : Configure PsiNet

Communication:
CHAT : Chat to other PsiNet users
MAIL : Exchange mail with other PsiNet users
LIBRARY : Access the PsiNet Library
PSINET WHO [FULL] : Show how many/who are linked to PsiNet
PSINET FIND : Look for particular people on PsiNet
PSINET TITLES : Set up your PsiNet Title

Tools:
PSINET SCAN : Collect information about your character to aid PsiNet
MAGIC : Track spells and effects
SPELLUP : Automatically cast your spells
COUNT : Count certain messages displayed in game
MOVE : Queue multiple moves at once
BANKS : Track your bank balances
XP : Track and measure exp/fame
WWW : Launch websites in your browser
RESTMODE : Prevent idle logouts and log important messages
ATLAS : View maps in a small window on top of your screen

Shortcuts:
ALIAS : Create shortcut commands
VOODOO : Shortcuts for casting, healing, and typos
BAGGAGE : View and use your inventory more easily

Privacy:
PSINET IGNORE : Block users from communicating with you

>psinet ignore
Usage:
PSINET IGNORE Person -- Ignores CHATs from Person.
PSINET UNIGNORE Person -- Stops ignoring CHATs from Person.
PSINET IGNORE LIST -- Lists the people you are currently ignoring.
PSINET IGNORE COUNT -- Tells you how many CHATs you didn't get because of ignoring, since linking.

PsiNet Ignore will ignore chats, mails, and locate requests from the person named. Note that you cannot chat to, mail, or locate them while you are ignoring them.

It is not my job to decide who is annoying, or worthy of your company. If I did, I would be crucified for making my decisions based on my personal opinions of people.

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
It is not my job to decide who is annoying, or worthy of your company. If I did, I would be crucified for making my decisions based on my personal opinions of people.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=715962#post715962

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 07:15 PM
No, I really didn't miss what you were saying. Your professed belief in eugenics is disgusting, but probably sarcastic. The statements you quoted are not the argument quoted, because I'm not talking about scale. It would not be my place to do it for even one person, much less everyone. The second statement, in fact, is even in direct response to the latter part of the post ("the idea"). Were I to accept that idea, I would be subject to crucifixion.

If I have failed to parse your argument, please explain how.

And while I was reexamining your post to make sure I didn't miss anything, another thing occurred to me: how do you reconcile the idea that it is bad for people to be allowed to say whatever they want, no matter how inane or annoying or stupid, with the precept of freedom of speech? Isn't it precisely the opposite?

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
No, I really didn't miss what you were saying. Your professed belief in eugenics is disgusting, but probably sarcastic. The statements you quoted are not the argument quoted, because I'm not talking about scale. It would not be my place to do it for even one person, much less everyone. The second statement, in fact, is even in direct response to the latter part of the post ("the idea"). Were I to accept that idea, I would be subject to crucifixion.

If I have failed to parse your argument, please explain how.

And while I was reexamining your post to make sure I didn't miss anything, another thing occurred to me: how do you reconcile the idea that it is bad for people to be allowed to say whatever they want, no matter how inane or annoying or stupid, with the precept of freedom of speech? Isn't it precisely the opposite?

So you think such people do not damage the credibility of yourself or your "product"?

Personally I find that moderation is preferable to total anarchy. I found the old PC, for example, to be much more enjoyable as a forum simply because it wasn't the free for all it is now. Idiots like Lysander et al. wouldn't continue to create new accounts to grief. On an even weirder level I found it more amusing pushing my luck with what I could get away when there were rules. These days though I could post "all fucking gay's should hang" and nothing would be done. It's boring. If I want that level of content I'd compulsively read /b/.

The PC hasn't devolved (or evolved?) to that level yet though and it does contain some worthwhile discussion from time to time. And I do like to keep in touch with the game, despite the fact I don't play it anymore.

At the end of the day you're right though. People can just use the ignore function or even leave the channel. But consider the amount of people who have used that channel and do so no longer - can you explain why they don't any more. I'd wager it's because of a few retards in most cases. It's certainly why I stopped using it.

If you want to treat everyone with the same level of apathy, that's your choice. Were I in charge, I'd much prefer to have a solid control over the content, however.

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
There ARE rules on PsiNet. (The comment you posited on gays would, for instance, be prohibited.) There IS moderation, which is why there are moderators. My rules, however, are extremely liberal; I prefer to err on the side of freedom rather than oppression.

I cannot force people to avail themselves of the ignore function rather than leave. I also cannot justify removing a person that is unpopular from the channel just because someone else doesn't like them- even if it's many people, even if those people would sooner leave than keep they're company.

The people you don't like have just as much right to be there as you do. I cannot cater to the people who just can't tolerate the presence of people they don't like.

I don't want that much control over what is said and done on PsiNet. I have certain very specific lines I don't want crossed, but I don't want or need a forum where only the people I like (and that we all like) can participate. PsiNet is not a secret club.

You suggest that it damages my credibility and the credibility of my product. Quite frankly I consider my commitment to fairness and the freedom of speech to be an asset. It's my integrity.

StrayRogue
04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
It's all too easy to say that you're being oppressive if you don't allow total freedom. Would you say that, prior to HarmNone's departure, these boards were oppressive?

In my experience of your Psinet moderation the things that would most instantly warrant a warning, or ban or silence, would be remarks about Gay people. Obviously there were other lines people crossed that warranted such reactions (like the race thing), but mainly it was the gay thing. Understandable as it is obviously a sensitive issue for you. However, I might consider that as being oppressive. I might also consider it more personal rather than professional.

But hey it's your product.

I for one don't think it shows much integrity to allow a moderator to silence a complaint made against him, involving an on-going and un-resolved issue, to continue doing is "job". I'd completely understand you keeping him on had he not silenced Elrodin. However, he did. This doesn't say he's guilty. But it does make me question his trustworthiness.

JamusPsi
04-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Being human it would be foolish of me to claim that my personal stances don't influence me, as much as I may try not to. However, in this case, I would point out that gay jokes are significantly more common, in most of the internet, than race jokes. They just don't come up as often.

Zimzum was removed for the action, and quickly. He clearly made a mistake. He apologized to me and swore it wouldn't happen again, and I allowed him back some weeks later, while keeping an even closer eye on him than I do all my moderators.

I STILL keep a close eye on actions he takes, and probably always will, not that that's anybody's business, really. The fact that he has not made another mistake suggests to me that this is not a pattern of behavior for him.

He is not the only moderator who has made a mistake, and he won't be the last. (I, myself, have made similar mistakes in a fit of keyboard rage, so I sympathize.) He understood and owned up to the mistake, and so I gave him another chance. And thus far, I do not regret that choice.

Gan
04-19-2008, 10:10 PM
[Private]-Jamus: "Gee, thanks for that."

[PrivateTo]-Jamus: "welcome "

[Private]-Jamus: "bite me"

[PrivateTo]-Jamus: "no thx. "

:lol:

Hey Gan, I like that you were totally silent on the channel when I made my comments, but then had the balls to come here and talk shit about me. :clap:
LOL, I knew you were butthurt about me posting your idiotic remarks of Nelek on psinet. And no I didnt add more than I did because I was in the middle of rescues and cutting/pasting your idiotic remarks. Unlike someone who scripts healing in TSC. I'll write that one down as a SCORE! :lol:

And anytime you want to bring up zimzum on OOC, or Nelek and I'm not busy I'll be happy to chime in.

To make my position clear: I am not defending anyone. I don't know anything about any scamming. I haven't even read this thread. I don't know what Nelek has or hasn't done. I don't know Nelek, but I admit to having thought him a bit shady in the past. I made comments about one particular situation, and my opinion there stands: for the offense of undercutting someone else's sale, who the fuck cares?
So you admit to sounding off on the topic without knowing full well the circumstances. Thats pretty much true to form.

The cheapest seller decides what something is worth. It's just QQing to bitch about someone who is beating your price.
If that were all there was to it, you would be correct. But its not, so you're not.

Sure, it's tactless and rude to directly undercut someone; should you do business with him? Maybe not, if he's going to turn around and be a jerk.

But did he do anything wrong? Should he be hung for his crime of offering a lower price? Probably not.

Also,

Fix'd
I'll respond to the above from a direct quote from you... and why your opinion is completely worthless.

I haven't even read this thread (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=31289&page=6). I don't know what Nelek has or hasn't done.

You're such a rockstar. (not really)

Stick to programming drama queen.

JamusPsi
04-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Redirected from the Tayre is a joke thread.

And as I stated before, I was busy on a rescue. Reading comprehension FTL (again).

So very very busy that you couldn't respond in chats but could paste it in a thread- as well as my private chats to you about it. Sure.

Yes, in the immortal words of Pee Wee Hermann - "You meant to do that".

You still haven't made the case that I should be embarrassed about having said it- particularly when it was clearly a jest.

Wow, are you ever fishing now. I never said I 'gotcha'. I merely posted a relevant quote about a topic that we are currently discussing here ...

I'm referring to the quote in your sig, which you seem to think is a 'gotcha', even going so far as, above, insisting that I'm 'playing it off'. You may as well have a quote of me asking why the chicken crossed the road.

The fact that you felt the need to come here and defend yourself speaks volumes about how you really are perceived.

Yes. That I respond when my name is brought up proves that I really am perceived badly-- clearly I'm guilty if I deign to defend myself.

especially after you were pretty much shut up in the Zimzum thread.
You dont have to bother defending your Zimzum history - thats already well documented.

I was not 'shut up' in that thread. I stopped posting because I had nothing else to say that wouldn't betray the trust of Zimzum, who had told me his side of the story in confidence, and because I felt an overbearing sense of disgust over the whole thing.

Furthermore, you dont seem to have teh balls to defend Nelek here like you were on PSINET. Especially since the only input you seem to have issued remotely anywhere near the topic was in response to my outing your idiotic statements to begin with.

So feel free. Please describe in detail how you feel that Nelek was victimized here on the PC and how everyone jumped on the bandwagon proclaiming his guilt. ;)

Yes. The only input I have was in response to what I said. (gasp!) I defended what I said and continued to acknowledge my lack of omniscience by not making a statement either way about Nelek's scamming.

Since you apparently have forgotten the response I made, I will remind you.

Here's what you said here:

Jamus when we were making fun of Nelek QQ'ing on the OOC.

Jamus... defender of the crooked and malcontent.
:clap:

Here's what was said on PsiNet, with a tad more context:

Sat Apr 19 16:18:57 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: you quoted someone directly and said I'll sell for less, when they had a bid
Sat Apr 19 16:18:59 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I'll agree with that Starkly
Sat Apr 19 16:19:04 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Less learned
Sat Apr 19 16:19:05 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: Thats why people are mad I think
Sat Apr 19 16:19:32 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: so people are pissed off at him.. because he offered a better deal?
Sat Apr 19 16:19:44 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: yes jamus
Sat Apr 19 16:19:49 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: Mostly it was the presentation
Sat Apr 19 16:20:03 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: lol, I don't think he was wrong
Sat Apr 19 16:20:11 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: You're not really a business-minded person, either
Sat Apr 19 16:20:27 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: you're telling me a business-minded person wouldnt undercut someone with a better deal to make a sale?
Sat Apr 19 16:20:37 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: Not at their own sales meeting, no.
Sat Apr 19 16:20:39 2008 [OOC]-Eraeos: So I don't understand.. He undercut someone, which some think is wrong, but then he himself admitted that he acted wrongly, and apparently apologized for it...
Sat Apr 19 16:20:48 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: clearly it was in a public place
Sat Apr 19 16:20:50 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: and after you got called on it... you came back and called every one losers. Then got all pissy when they practically ran you off the PC
Sat Apr 19 16:20:54 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: I'm not sure Nelek apologized for it.
Sat Apr 19 16:20:57 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: Did you Nelek?
Sat Apr 19 16:21:01 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: He shouldn't apologize
Sat Apr 19 16:21:08 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: If that's all he did
Sat Apr 19 16:21:12 2008 [OOC]-Omens: I dont think he should either

(Oh so busy on that rescue.)

Here's my defense of what I said.

Do you need more detail?

JamusPsi
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
So you admit to sounding off on the topic without knowing full well the circumstances. Thats pretty much true to form.

If that were all there was to it, you would be correct. But its not, so you're not.

My opinion included exactly what I knew. I directly qualified what I said, given the information presented to me.

Stick to programming drama queen.

Yeah. Designing utilities so people like you can use them and then spit in my face is delightful.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
04-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Ok, so Gan is an ass, and Jamus is an idiot who rarely posts on this forum at all to begin with? Sweet. How about you two take your bigger e-peen competition elsewhere? Nobody cares, and you're just inviting PB and Daniel into this thread, which is never a good thing. MOVE ON.

Gan
04-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Redirected from the Tayre is a joke thread.

So very very busy that you couldn't respond in chats but could paste it in a thread- as well as my private chats to you about it. Sure.
Yea, my activity in Gemstone isnt relegated to the use of scripts. ;)

You still haven't made the case that I should be embarrassed about having said it- particularly when it was clearly a jest.
Your words speaks for themself. And yet you're clearly posting on the basis that they were embarrasing. And you keep posting/responding... and posting/responding.. Actions, they speak louder than words.

I'm referring to the quote in your sig, which you seem to think is a 'gotcha', even going so far as, above, insisting that I'm 'playing it off'. You may as well have a quote of me asking why the chicken crossed the road.
If if doesnt bother you, why do you keep bringing it up?

Yes. That I respond when my name is brought up proves that I really am perceived badly-- clearly I'm guilty if I deign to defend myself.
Clearly its not working.

I was not 'shut up' in that thread. I stopped posting because I had nothing else to say that wouldn't betray the trust of Zimzum, who had told me his side of the story in confidence, and because I felt an overbearing sense of disgust over the whole thing.
Because you had NOTHING else that could either be cooberated, verified, or stand up to what was already posted. Lets be honest.

Yes. The only input I have was in response to what I said. (gasp!) I defended what I said and continued to acknowledge my lack of omniscience by not making a statement either way about Nelek's scamming.
So you admit that what you said on OOC, to which I initially posted, was you talking out of your ass before you knew the whole situation. Check.

Since you apparently have forgotten the response I made, I will remind you.

Here's what you said here:

Here's what was said on PsiNet, with a tad more context:

Sat Apr 19 16:18:57 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: you quoted someone directly and said I'll sell for less, when they had a bid
Sat Apr 19 16:19:32 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: so people are pissed off at him.. because he offered a better deal?
Sat Apr 19 16:20:11 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: You're not really a business-minded person, either
Sat Apr 19 16:20:27 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: you're telling me a business-minded person wouldnt undercut someone with a better deal to make a sale?
Sat Apr 19 16:20:39 2008 [OOC]-Eraeos: So I don't understand.. He undercut someone, which some think is wrong, but then he himself admitted that he acted wrongly, and apparently apologized for it...
Sat Apr 19 16:20:50 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: and after you got called on it... you came back and called every one losers. Then got all pissy when they practically ran you off the PC

(Oh so busy on that rescue.)
Yes, busy enough to illicit one response and eventually a cut/paste. Not carry on a convo or argue while attempting to play a text based game, the conversation had already moved on by the time I was done with the rescue. Again, I dont sit and script, I actually play. ;) But I've said that before too. Reading comprehension FTL (again)

Here's my defense of what I said.

Do you need more detail?
Yes actually, just quote the whole conversation, which you obviously either edited out parts of what you said, or conveinently left it out.

Its plain that you were defending the actions of someone based on information that you did not even bother looking up yourself. You in effect did what you were accusing others of doing - that being bandwagoning based on a presumption... in your case it was a presumption of innocense instead of a presumption of guilt that you were accusing others of doing.

Then you got all butt-hurt over having it posted here.

Grats - you blew something out of proportion (according to you) to the point where EVERYBODY can see that your acting like an idiot.

:clap:

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
04-22-2008, 07:43 PM
GJ Listening.

JamusPsi
04-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Your words speaks for themself. And yet you're clearly posting on the basis that they were embarrasing. And you keep posting/responding... and posting/responding.. Actions, they speak louder than words.

If if doesnt bother you, why do you keep bringing it up?

Clearly its not working.

Alright; as we have clearly reached an impasse here- you having decided that you must be right because I say you're not- I will, in fact, let it drop.

Because you had NOTHING else that could either be cooberated, verified, or stand up to what was already posted. Lets be honest.

Or, perhaps the scenario I've given from day one, that I got another story from Zimzum which I found to be at least as probable and which he forbade me from relating, is the truth! But no, you've decided I'm lying/saving face. We've reached an impasse here as well.

So you admit that what you said on OOC, to which I initially posted, was you talking out of your ass before you knew the whole situation. Check.

Even in OOC I was clear- Sat Apr 19 16:21:08 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: If that's all he did

I offered my opinion based on what I'd heard, and made it clear what I was basing it on. Not being omniscient, that's the best I can do. Feel free to judge me for that; I won't defend that point against an irrational criticism any longer.

Again, I dont sit and script, I actually play. ;) But I've said that before too. Reading comprehension FTL (again)

If you knew my playstyle, you might note that the vast, vast majority of my time in-game, I am not 'sitting and scripting'. I am in fact, just sitting and bullshitting around. That's why I'm not capped, and have crappy gear.

The 'reading comprehension' thing, which has become incessant (and which you continue to apply spuriously) suggests to me that you're butthurt about an earlier retort of mine, leading to our continued exchanges. I'm glad my point stung. (And remember, if you deny that it stung, it must have REALLY stung!)

Yes actually, just quote the whole conversation, which you obviously either edited out parts of what you said, or conveinently left it out.

Feel free to check your logs and post the part I left out/edited. For your convenience, I have added the entire bit here, and provided a link to the entire day's OOC log.

Sat Apr 19 16:13:42 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: In case anyone didn't know, the AIM name d1o is Lycain, he posts as Xaerve on the PC.
Sat Apr 19 16:14:00 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: so?
Sat Apr 19 16:14:20 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: well Cromir said you scammed him out of $100
Sat Apr 19 16:14:21 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: He's a huge scammer and pretty much hated more than me
Sat Apr 19 16:14:30 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Xaerve is Cromir
Sat Apr 19 16:14:33 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: yeah Lycain is a bitch.
Sat Apr 19 16:14:39 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I haven't sold silvers to anyone
Sat Apr 19 16:14:46 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I sold a fixskills potion to Thoranios
Sat Apr 19 16:14:56 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: And I sold a character to Rathain
Sat Apr 19 16:15:02 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: well honestly, unless you have something to dispute his fact I probably wont do business with you.
Sat Apr 19 16:15:04 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Both of whom haven't complained one bit about either transaction
Sat Apr 19 16:15:17 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I'm not selling anything to do business with
Sat Apr 19 16:15:18 2008 [OOC]-Belnia: Dear everyone, keep your drama elsewhere, I've got too much to deal with already today.
Sat Apr 19 16:15:28 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: guilty until proven innocent, Nakiro?
Sat Apr 19 16:15:31 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: dear Belnia, don't take away my fun. Kthx?
Sat Apr 19 16:15:33 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: And what more than my word would prove anything
Sat Apr 19 16:15:36 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: yeah Jamus
Sat Apr 19 16:15:40 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: I love that system!
Sat Apr 19 16:15:45 2008 [OOC]-Olerin: dont forget the auction, 7pm est, HS steps, alters, old stuff, high end gear
Sat Apr 19 16:15:47 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: You're a retard.
Sat Apr 19 16:15:51 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Where's Cromirs proof?
Sat Apr 19 16:15:51 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: thanks!
Sat Apr 19 16:15:56 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Who is he anyway
Sat Apr 19 16:15:59 2008 [OOC]-Drafix: auction will be dumb.
Sat Apr 19 16:16:03 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: I dunno
Sat Apr 19 16:16:12 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Some no name comes on and says something and you people jump on the bandwagon believing bullshit stories
Sat Apr 19 16:16:29 2008 [OOC]-Drafix: min bid will be like 1 coin, don't matter, there's always someone who has a few hundred million silvers to out bid you.
Sat Apr 19 16:16:35 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: THE WHOLE WORLD IS AGAINST NELEK
Sat Apr 19 16:16:38 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: given your history on the PC... it wasnt a far leap for some
Sat Apr 19 16:16:45 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: hell yes!
Sat Apr 19 16:16:51 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I hate 0 history of scamming anyone
Sat Apr 19 16:16:57 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Name one person I've scammed
Sat Apr 19 16:17:02 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: You can't, because I haven't
Sat Apr 19 16:17:05 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I despise scammers
Sat Apr 19 16:17:05 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: Cromir
Sat Apr 19 16:17:14 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: if by scamming you mean not trying to undercut, underbid, or screw up someone's auction... sure!
Sat Apr 19 16:17:14 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Cromir is a fucking liar, You're going to believe Lycain?
Sat Apr 19 16:17:15 2008 [OOC]-Zodier: I PAID STARKLY $5000.00 FOR ARMOR, AND HE NEVER DELIVERED IT
Sat Apr 19 16:17:22 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: LAWDY LAWDY
Sat Apr 19 16:17:23 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: I SAW THAT!
Sat Apr 19 16:17:27 2008 [OOC]-Kenyadaa: lol zoldier
Sat Apr 19 16:17:28 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: I CAN BE WITNESS!
Sat Apr 19 16:17:32 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: HALF IS MINE!
Sat Apr 19 16:17:55 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: The moral of this story is, Nelek doesn't scam, but you will get a good deal from him because he'll undercut the competition to give you a good price.
Sat Apr 19 16:18:04 2008 [OOC]-Thaory: lol
Sat Apr 19 16:18:07 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: lol
Sat Apr 19 16:18:15 2008 [OOC]-Omens: Nothing wrong with undercuting someone
Sat Apr 19 16:18:21 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: ^^
Sat Apr 19 16:18:28 2008 [OOC]-Thaory: or, read the hundreds of posts on the PC complaining about Nelek...
Sat Apr 19 16:18:28 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: Doing it in their auction thread is fucking dick though
Sat Apr 19 16:18:30 2008 [OOC]-Appoloin: good for the buyer, tough cookies for the seller
Sat Apr 19 16:18:33 2008 [OOC]-Omens: That's buisness.
Sat Apr 19 16:18:34 2008 [OOC]-Lidianyia: The moral of the story is Nelek *may* have scammed so I'll deal with someone else <snicker>
Sat Apr 19 16:18:35 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I can't believe you people bitch because someone got a better deal.
Sat Apr 19 16:18:47 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: you should have made another post/thread about it
Sat Apr 19 16:18:54 2008 [OOC]-Lulz: game about to crash
Sat Apr 19 16:18:55 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: its how you went about it Nelek
Sat Apr 19 16:19:08 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: Can't do shit about it now though
Sat Apr 19 16:19:13 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: just live with it
Sat Apr 19 16:19:25 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: less= lesson learned
Sat Apr 19 16:19:32 2008 [OOC]-Omens: I dont blame the undercuters. I blame the greedy ass people who want 80 mill for something they bought for 5 mill a few years ago.
Sat Apr 19 16:19:37 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I can't manipulate time to go back and change it
Sat Apr 19 16:19:38 2008 [OOC]-Omens: that's where the crime is
Sat Apr 19 16:19:40 2008 [OOC]-Zodier: if someone finds me a 10x shield and leathers, i will pay extra
Sat Apr 19 16:19:42 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: Brian
Sat Apr 19 16:19:43 2008 [OOC]-Querthose: wait why do we hate Nelek?
Sat Apr 19 16:19:45 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: He just said he was wrong
Sat Apr 19 16:19:48 2008 [OOC]-Zodier: i am the anti-nelek
Sat Apr 19 16:19:58 2008 [OOC]-Cycle: why is it greedy if people pay for it?
Sat Apr 19 16:20:11 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: I even apologized to Vivaldi for undercutting him
Sat Apr 19 16:20:12 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: ;)
Sat Apr 19 16:20:18 2008 [OOC]-Nelek: People just need to let go of shit
Sat Apr 19 16:20:48 2008 [OOC]-Eraeos: And this is why we are supposed to hate him?
Sat Apr 19 16:21:05 2008 [OOC]-Eraeos: Oh. And I now see what Crunthor said as well.
Sat Apr 19 16:21:13 2008 [OOC]-Cycle: You would think this game is played by all women...
Sat Apr 19 16:21:20 2008 [OOC]-Cycle: everyone bitches so much
Sat Apr 19 16:21:26 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: I'm not going to argue for Vivaldi and everyone else who thinks he was wrong
Sat Apr 19 16:21:27 2008 [OOC]-Omens: The Pc is filled with a bunch of tards anyway
Sat Apr 19 16:21:28 2008 [OOC]-Starkly: I really don't care
Sat Apr 19 16:21:36 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: HEY! I'm on he PC!
Sat Apr 19 16:21:42 2008 [OOC]-Cycle: me too
Sat Apr 19 16:21:44 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: yea, the PC is full of tards!
Sat Apr 19 16:21:46 2008 [OOC]-Cycle: ass face
Sat Apr 19 16:21:48 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: take that back Omen!
Sat Apr 19 16:21:53 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: F U Crunthor!
Sat Apr 19 16:21:56 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: Omgz ur stealin mah customerS!?!!! QQ
Sat Apr 19 16:21:58 2008 [OOC]-Crunthor: lol
Sat Apr 19 16:21:59 2008 [OOC]-Omens: Youre just proving my point.
Sat Apr 19 16:22:02 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: For real. QQ.
Sat Apr 19 16:22:05 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: ....
Sat Apr 19 16:22:17 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: I hate you more then Jamus hates Andraste.
Sat Apr 19 16:22:18 2008 [OOC]-Zlukhaine: does anyone know how long it takes for a recently animated body to become reanimatable?
Sat Apr 19 16:22:24 2008 [OOC]-Omens: Except for Nakiro, of course. Fuck Cycle whoever that is.
Sat Apr 19 16:22:26 2008 [OOC]-Zlukhaine: never?
Sat Apr 19 16:22:30 2008 [OOC]-Allereli: never
Sat Apr 19 16:22:31 2008 [OOC]-Nakiro: damn right
Sat Apr 19 16:22:31 2008 [OOC]-Omens: :)
Sat Apr 19 16:22:34 2008 [OOC]-Jamus: I don't hate Andraste.

http://psinet.dynalias.net/temp/OOC-2008-04-19.zip

Its plain that you were defending the actions of someone based on information that you did not even bother looking up yourself.

It's clear that I made a qualified statement in a conversation.

You in effect did what you were accusing others of doing - that being bandwagoning based on a presumption... in your case it was a presumption of innocense instead of a presumption of guilt that you were accusing others of doing.

You're totally right. Where do I get off presuming he's innocent without evidence? Clearly that makes me just as irrational as those who presume guilt. I don't know where I got that notion from. Oh yeah... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence#The_fundamental_right

Grats - you blew something out of proportion (according to you) to the point where EVERYBODY can see that your acting like an idiot.

Sarcasm aside, you're right on this one. I should know better than to debate with a troll.

Miscast
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM

Jamus is gay.

Drisco
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Mmmm Gay Jamus <3

JamusPsi
04-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Jamus is gay.

Your AIM screen names are harajuku boi, and Jedite, which I'm told comes from Sailor Moon. I merely have sex with dudes.

Miscast
04-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Sailor Moon is my bitch.

Celephais
04-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Sailor Moon is my bitch.
This is what you're defending, FYI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6nWeik8I0

Gan
04-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah. Designing utilities so people like you can use them and then spit in my face is delightful.

I never railed against your programming skills, and yes I've even been complimentary for the program PSINET. Where I've questioned you on is your choice for moderator selection, your management of said program in light of past moderator behavior/abuse, and of course non-programming related matters such as what is being discussed currently.

Let me help you out a little. PSINET is now uninstalled on my systems.

:)

Drew2
04-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Uh why would you even play without Psinet i don't get it

Gan
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
PSINET while helpful, does not define my ability to play gemstone or the enjoyment derived therein.

And since I'm evidentally a troll who picks on poor Jamus while enjoying his hard work its not right that I spit in his face while enjoying the benfits of his programming.

Call it a matter of principal.

Khariz
04-23-2008, 08:31 AM
PSINET while helpful, does not define my ability to play gemstone or the enjoyment derived therein.

It doesn't really affect my ability, but it certainly affects my enjoyment. Playing without Psinet blows my left nut. Especially playing a caster.

AestheticDeath
04-23-2008, 08:35 AM
I never railed against your programming skills, and yes I've even been complimentary for the program PSINET. Where I've questioned you on is your choice for moderator selection, your management of said program in light of past moderator behavior/abuse, and of course non-programming related matters such as what is being discussed currently.

Let me help you out a little. PSINET is now uninstalled on my systems.

:)
Don't forget to change your passwords, account names and security answers!@# Just to make sure ya know.

Gan
04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Even I dont think Jamus is that stupid.

daisey
04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
naw, he'll just put some fucked up psinet title on Crunthor, like he did Rocksand..hehehehe

Gan
04-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Cool by me.

ViridianAsp
04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Why is PsiNet down?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
04-23-2008, 07:52 PM
To show you folks how helpless you are without it? CLEAN PLAYERS FTW.

Asha
04-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Definitely clean ftw

Allereli
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Why is PsiNet down?

Jamus is moving, he said it should be a few days to a week.

Fallen
04-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Which services beyond the chat and share skills/location stop working when it is down? I dont even notice aside from the scroll of it trying to reconnect.

PSInet rocks, I just wish Jamus would concentrate on other features besides Atlas. A bunch of durations on spells are now wrong. You still can't set friends/enemies, it opens super slow due to Atlas, they need to have a toggle off for it.

Allereli
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Which services beyond the chat and share skills/location stop working when it is down? I dont even notice aside from the scroll of it trying to reconnect.

PSInet rocks, I just wish Jamus would concentrate on other features besides Atlas. A bunch of durations on spells are now wrong. You still can't set friends/enemies, it opens super slow due to Atlas, they need to have a toggle off for it.

besides what you listed, the only thing I can think of is the library

If you send him a message with what spells are wrong, he usually fixes it by the next update.

Sylph
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Psinet won't install at the moment...

lrb508
04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Can I please ask a stupid question?
What the FUCK is QQ?

KrolvinScout
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
I'd like to see Sigils from GoS included in an update as well to the MAGIC status syntax. Though I'm sure Jamus has already gotten this suggestion by now and likely already knows of it, but I just thought I'd add that in for myself as well :)

SolitareConfinement
04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
spellup auto for other players doesn't work when psinet is down or players that don't use psinet....or used to not from what i remember ever since i found that out i haven't tried since it was down, wish Jamus would put a little if then else in his coding for that, to just spell up full if psinet is down or the user does not have psinet installed

Bobmuhthol
04-27-2008, 05:59 PM
<<Can I please ask a stupid question?
What the FUCK is QQ?>>

Ask Nelek, he pioneered the term.

Chaste
04-27-2008, 10:10 PM
If I may, I have not read through this entire thread.. For two reasons:

One, it got boring with all the 'OMG so and so said this on OOC and is dumb and should be banned' and the 'Why is he a Mod I hatorz him!'. But I did want to mention two things...

Psinet is a great program (in my opinion) in itself, if you have issue with the moderators of OOC and the people on OOC and the chat topics and all the rest of everything people are whinging about, type UNTUNE OOC. Its a great feature, it works very well.

Ariond always seems to be a complaint.. UNTUNE OOC fixes this.
Zimzum seems to be another.. UNTUNE OOC also fixes this.
Gay bashing/supporting in OOC seems to be another one.. UNTUNE OOC (you guessed it) fixes this.

Hell, in fact any problem you have with OOC can be fixed with those ten letters and the enter key.

Personally I have very little contact with anyone on OOC, Jamus, and anyone I choose to ignore. I am content making my own channels, and the only times I've actually HAD to interact with Jamus has been when I need him to set mods in the channels I make. These are choices I make for myself, not because I dont like OOC or because I dont like Jamus, but because the spam makes it difficult for me personally to keep up.

Second thing..

I happen to like Jamus, he works very hard on Psinet. Each function is pretty easy to disregard or use. I've had no problems with psinet loading or anything since Atlas was bought about.
I can say this... If it were not for Psinet, I would not be playing GS. I do not tune to OOC unless for a brief moment when I need to ask a question or feel like putting a smart comment in that I'm feeling brave about. Hey, if you dont like my smart comment.. untune ooc! hehe.

But really, thank you Jamus. I do wish I could send him something to help with his current situation, but I'm in much the same situation.

Mindy

Allereli
04-28-2008, 12:36 AM
yay back up

Sylph
05-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Psinet failing when I try to log in.

I can't uninstall it at the moment...

Can't log in because of it.

Think Add/Remove program would work?

Allereli
05-19-2008, 06:14 PM