PDA

View Full Version : thief/burgler themed items

septus
03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Looking for nicely altered containers/clothes, such as burglar's satchels/cloaks, loot bag/sacks, thieves' kits, etc. Especially looking for the leather-bound housebreaker's harness.. Does anyone know if that's still around?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-25-2008, 05:58 PM
How about the rare grappling guns, glass-cutting items, or the famed grimace costume that the hamburgelar used in his most recent heist?

septus
03-25-2008, 07:06 PM
How about the rare grappling guns, glass-cutting items, or the famed grimace costume that the hamburgelar used in his most recent heist?

you know, i did forget about the grappling hooks that are around, along with shuttered lanterns, rope, etc.. I also altered a glass cutting item at one point..

and do you have that costume? 'cause that'd kick ass. I'll give ya 4 mil for it

Stanley Burrell
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I miss The Artist's Brush. You could get any pin-worn crest of any profession from that place. Along with a thousand other wearables that are now under not-to-do in the ALTER guidelines, feh.

Dwarven Empath
03-25-2008, 07:31 PM
a soft black leather cloak

Upon closer inspection of the cloak you notice that small slits have been made in the interior lining, perfect for concealing. Securing the cloak is a finely wrought clasp of silver and gold that has been crafted in the image of a winged dragon locked in battle with a thief.

Something like this?

septus
03-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Upon closer inspection of the cloak you notice that small slits have been made in the interior lining, perfect for concealing. Securing the cloak is a finely wrought clasp of silver and gold that has been crafted in the image of a winged dragon locked in battle with a thief.

Something like this?

Is it just me, but does the second sentience seem to end before it should? How much does it weigh/hold?

NocturnalRob
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM

Something like this?

the bad alter thread is elsewhere

BigWorm
03-26-2008, 12:31 AM

Oh, burn! I thought it was a decent idea until I got the the last part of the description with the dragon.

Gan
03-26-2008, 01:15 AM

winner

Dwarven Empath
03-26-2008, 05:02 AM

That alter was done about 8 years ago.

Can't really weigh it because its full of stuff. But...

>wei cloak
You carefully examine the black leather cloak and determine that the weight is about 111 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>insp cloak
You carefully inspect your black leather cloak.

You estimate that a soft black leather cloak can store a very large amount with enough space for any number of items.

You determine that you could wear the cloak, hanging it from your shoulders.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Empty it out ftw.

Alfster
03-26-2008, 05:42 AM
That alter was done about 8 years ago.

That somehow makes it cooler?

septus
03-26-2008, 01:17 PM
hah, yeah..I'd have to go with the majority and say that I want my rogue to look tacky..but not that tacky

Parkbandit
03-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Most of Falgrin's burgler altered items were also altered to be dwarven and refer to the Parkbandit.

You are holding an archaic dwarven tower shield in your left hand.
You are wearing a dwarven infantry backpack, a crystal amulet, a simple invar charm, some dwarven forged imflass ringmail, a mechanical dwarf pin, a small silver star, a dwarven-crafted leather weapons harness studded with razern spikes, a blackened dwarven crafted lockpick case, some supple dark leather boots, a dark dwarven vest, a black round button, a small locksmith's anklepouch, a linked rolaren bracelet, some dark leather gloves, a gold coin beard clip, a tiny dwarven bandit pin, a heavy invar chain, an ora-bound vultite war mask, a heavy dark tartan wool kilt pinned with an embossed invar Dwarven crest, a cracked dwarven war girdle, a long-stemmed dark ashwood pipe clenched between his teeth, a braided black ponytail, a dwarven-crafted ale keg bound with mithril straps and a gold ring.

NocturnalRob
03-26-2008, 01:40 PM

Upon closer inspection of the cloak you notice that small slits have been made in the interior lining, perfect for concealing good taste

fixed

Securing the cloak is a finely wrought clasp of silver and gold that has been crafted in the image of a winged dragon locked in battle with a thief.

1) isn't a wingless dragon a "wyrm?" Why not just say that?
2) "Locked" in battle because it's a clasp and everyone loves wordplay, or simply because the wyrm is too much of a pussy to take out a simple thief?
3) Why the hell would you want so much bling on the clasp of a cloak that is supposed to fit your description as a thief/burglar (i.e.,hide/sneak)? Why not onyx or wood or black opal or the millions of other things you could have chosen that don't reflect light and stand out?

-Hey, what's that in the shadows there?
-Where?
-I dunno. Everything else around it is perfectly still and dark, but it looks like a really crappy depiction of a bitch thief locked in battle with a wingless dragon.
-Don't you mean a wyrm?
-What's the difference?
-It doesn't matter. Let's shoot a bunch of arrows and sound the alarm. Ask questions later.

/rant

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-26-2008, 01:45 PM
fixed

1) isn't a wingless dragon a "wyrm?" Why not just say that?
2) "Locked" in battle because it's a clasp and everyone loves wordplay, or simply because the wyrm is too much of a pussy to take out a simple thief?
3) Why the hell would you want so much bling on the clasp of a cloak that is supposed to fit your description as a thief/burglar (i.e.,hide/sneak)? Why not onyx or wood or black opal or the millions of other things you could have chosen that don't reflect light and stand out?

-Hey, what's that in the shadows there?
-Where?
-I dunno. Everything else around it is perfectly still and dark, but it looks like a really crappy depiction of a bitch thief locked in battle with a wingless dragon.
-Don't you mean a wyrm?
-What's the difference?
-It doesn't matter. Let's shoot a bunch of arrows and sound the alarm. Ask questions later.

/rant

That'd be an awesome burn except it says winged dragon, not wingless. I don't get the first sentence about concealing. Seems like there should be something after it to me. Concealing what? The winged dragon!

NocturnalRob
03-26-2008, 01:48 PM
That'd be an awesome burn except it says winged dragon, not wingless. I don't get the first sentence about concealing. Seems like there should be something after it to me. Concealing what? The winged dragon!

SON OF A BITCH!

whatever. in spite of my inability to read and comprehend, i still say that cloak sucks for a number of reasons.

Also, my point stands. Why say "winged dragon?" If it's wingless, you would just call it a wyrm. It's redundant.

I WIN AGAIN!!

septus
03-26-2008, 02:33 PM
/rant

I like this one in the player shops:

a shimmering black stalking cloak clasped with silver chains

SayGoodbye
03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
hahaha.. Who would ever notice a shimmering person with glinting and clanking silver chains stalking them? I actually want to buy that cloak now.

AnticorRifling
03-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Most of Falgrin's burgler altered items were also altered to be dwarven and refer to the Parkbandit.

You are holding an archaic dwarven tower shield in your left hand.
You are wearing a dwarven infantry backpack, a crystal amulet, a simple invar charm, some dwarven forged imflass ringmail, a mechanical dwarf pin, a small silver star, a dwarven-crafted leather weapons harness studded with razern spikes, a blackened dwarven crafted lockpick case, some supple dark leather boots, a dark dwarven vest, a black round button, a small locksmith's anklepouch, a linked rolaren bracelet, some dark leather gloves, a gold coin beard clip, a tiny dwarven bandit pin, a heavy invar chain, an ora-bound vultite war mask, a heavy dark tartan wool kilt pinned with an embossed invar Dwarven crest, a cracked dwarven war girdle, a long-stemmed dark ashwood pipe clenched between his teeth, a braided black ponytail, a dwarven-crafted ale keg bound with mithril straps and a gold ring.

Great story. The what are you wearing thread is over there ---->

And put your shit in order you hobo.

pwnt

Some Rogue
03-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Great story. The what are you wearing thread is over there ---->

And put your shit in order you hobo.

pwnt

Anticor = Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Elanthia version.