PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scout cookie appreciation post

Numbers
03-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

Keller
03-22-2008, 07:05 PM
I picked up 4 boxes from an admin before I left for spring break. I've got 2 boxes of thin mints getting nice and frozen back in LA as I type.

Nom, nom, nom indeed.

Snapp
03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Samoas ftw.

Keller
03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Samoas ftw.

I brought one box of those with me. Except now they're called "Caramel Delights".

Gan
03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Case of thinmints in the pantry. 2 boxes in the freezer.

http://cherrythian.com/images/cookiemonster.jpg

Sylvan Dreams
03-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Edy's puts out limited edition Girl Scout cookie ice cream.

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Thin Mints, Tagalongs and Samoas have to be my favorites. Thin Mints frozen are simply brilliant, but this year I stumbled across a way to make Samoas better, and that was to put them in a gently heated breadbox. The chocolate barely melts, and they taste so much better, even if they are rather messy.

Gretchen

LMingrone
03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Thin Mints, Tagalongs and Samoas have to be my favorites. Thin Mints frozen are simply brilliant, but this year I stumbled across a way to make Samoas better, and that was to put them in a gently heated breadbox. The chocolate barely melts, and they taste so much better, even if they are rather messy.

Gretchen

Thin Mints in ice cream! Pure win.

Hips
03-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Trefoils, bitches.

Keller
03-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Trefoils, bitches.

I think the GSs do a phemoninal job with their buttery-good trefoils, but I can't justify spending $4/box for shortbread cookies.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Case of thinmints in the pantry. 2 boxes in the freezer.

http://cherrythian.com/images/cookiemonster.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZTmXCXWAdc

diethx
03-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I picked up 2 boxes each of Samoas (my favorite) and Thin Mints (in the fridge). I freaking love this time of year.

Which is terrible. It's like 95% ice cream and 5% cookie bits. Totally overpriced and a waste for what it actually contained. I was very disappointed when I tried them last year :(

Bobmuhthol
03-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I have appreciated the cookies of many a girl scout.

Amaron
03-22-2008, 09:34 PM
My daughter is a Brownie scout. We sold 500 boxes of cookies. I am sick of looking at them.

And BTW where were they $4? We were set at $3.50

J

Gan
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM

Dreyer's has the same line. From the packaging, it looks like the same company. We have a half gal in the freezer, but for me its a bit overkill. I'd rather have some frozen cookies and a little milk.

Apathy
03-22-2008, 11:11 PM
I got kicked out of the Girl Scouts for eating a brownie. True story.

/bed

Paradii
03-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Dreyer's has the same line. From the packaging, it looks like the same company. We have a half gal in the freezer, but for me its a bit overkill. I'd rather have some frozen cookies and a little milk.

Edy's and dreyers are the same company, different name for different parts of the country you are in.

Fun Fact.

Lord Nelek
03-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I paid $3 per box, not bad for what they are if you ask me.

Two Do-si-do's, One Tagalong, One All About (Didn't like them), One Trefoils.

I love the peanut butter cookies the best, especially covered in chocolate. I could eat those all day every day.

B4Hand
03-22-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm with the poster who stated they are sick of looking at girl scout cookies. After delivering well over 400 boxes of cookies, and having to pocket the last fifty boxes(and store until some troops return home so we can deliver them). Not to mention the numerous cookie booths, I am all cookied out!

p.s. I love the carmel delights and peanut butter patties.

Keller
03-23-2008, 05:52 AM
My daughter is a Brownie scout. We sold 500 boxes of cookies. I am sick of looking at them.

And BTW where were they $4? We were set at $3.50

J

I paid $4/box in Los Angeles. Do I need to cut a bitch? /end-ben

Augie
03-23-2008, 06:30 AM
I loooooooooove girl scout cookies. Steve always gets thin mints and I get samoas and since samoas only come like 15 in a box, I get 2 boxes to his 1 hahah.

And this year was even better -- being pregnant is an awesome excuse to have to go back for more boxes of girl scout cookies :D

diethx
03-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I paid $4/box in Los Angeles. Do I need to cut a bitch? /end-ben

$3.50 here too, same as last year and the year before.

Asile
03-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Frozen Thin Mints and frozen Tagalongs ftw.

The one thing that really got on my nerves this year was when I was practically accosted by some Girl Scouts trying to sell cookies just outside one of our grocery stores. I just wanted to run in, get dinner, and get the hell home... not fight off hyperactive 9-year-olds.

Sylvan Dreams
03-23-2008, 12:51 PM

The one thing that really got on my nerves this year was when I was practically accosted by some Girl Scouts trying to sell cookies just outside one of our grocery stores. I just wanted to run in, get dinner, and get the hell home... not fight off hyperactive 9-year-olds.

I had that too. They were in the store in a pack of at lesat 15. For some reason, they seem to think that seeing "cute" Girl Scouts will encourage me to buy their cookies. Who seriously buys those delicious disks of ambrosia disguised as cookies for the purpose of supporting their little group? They're just damned good cookies.

Thin Mint milkshakes beat everything.

Augie
03-23-2008, 03:09 PM

They seem to do things in shifts here out in front of Winn Dixie. I was on my way in and told the girls that were outside we'd pick up some boxes on the way out (Cause I had to get cash out of the ATM -- damn them for not taking Credit! heehee).

Anyhoos...I was on my way out and the first group of girls was packing up and I asked to buy 3 boxes before they left. Of course they sold them to me.

Well we look behind us and there's another set of girls with their parents giving the first group of girls this death look like WTF IT IS OUR SHIFT BITCH GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY WE SHOULD HAVE SOLD THOSE COOKIES! Heh. Kinda funny -- Girl Scout Politics

Lord Nelek
03-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Is it whoever sells the most boxes, or whoever makes the most money?

They get prizes or something don't they?

Stunseed
03-23-2008, 04:57 PM
It's funding for a trip. For my daughter, it was Disneyworld.