PDA

View Full Version : Attuned Prayerbeads

ViridianAsp
03-22-2008, 03:17 PM
This is a question about the attuned prayerbeads from EG. I just wanted to know if you can re-attune them to another deity and if so, how do you do it?

Thanks

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 03:18 PM
As far as I know, attuning the prayerbeads is permanent.

Gretchen

Sylvan Dreams
03-22-2008, 03:42 PM
When prayerbeads are attuned to a specific deity, is the third-party messaging that they give specific to that deity?

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Were these automatically attuned after being handed out by that particularly awesome merchant, or do you have to unlock them yourself somehow?

thefarmer
03-22-2008, 04:13 PM
When prayerbeads are attuned to a specific deity, is the third-party messaging that they give specific to that deity?

From what I've seen, yes. Though there was an option to unlock them, so it might be only specific in the unlocked form.

Were these automatically attuned after being handed out by that particularly awesome merchant, or do you have to unlock them yourself somehow?

Both.

Some sold off the shelf, some were spun for/chosen few that were specific to a diety, or they would attune it for you to a particular one.

They could also be unlocked for unknown properties. More scripts I would assume.

drigore
03-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Get a paladin or a cleric and cover them. You can reattune some of them.

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 04:15 PM
They can be automatically attuned, or not. This past EG a few merchants stopped by to sell scripted prayerbeads. I asked specifically for an unattuned set, and that's what I got. You can also ask for a specific deity and get that.

Gretchen

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Get a paladin or a cleric and cover them. You can reattune some of them.
Covering them is how you attune the beads that have not been attuned before. I believe they can't be changed after that, though I haven't tested to be sure.

Gretchen

ViridianAsp
03-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Do you think it's possible to have a merchant re-attune a set of prayerbeads then, if they have already been attuned?

thefarmer
03-22-2008, 05:09 PM
I've seen merchants offer to attune them and unlock them, but not reattune them.

However if a merchant shows up, it'll probably with a cart, and most likely you can buy a new set and alter it to whichever you have now (if you choose).

That seems like the easy way.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Covering them is how you attune the beads that have not been attuned before. I believe they can't be changed after that, though I haven't tested to be sure.

Gretchen

I have a particularly awesome pair I :heart: on my Erithi that I don't believe have been COVERED yet. Should I?

ViridianAsp
03-22-2008, 05:54 PM
I've seen merchants offer to attune them and unlock them, but not reattune them.

However if a merchant shows up, it'll probably with a cart, and most likely you can buy a new set and alter it to whichever you have now (if you choose).

That seems like the easy way.

See I have a set I want to give to my other cleric, but they are attuned to Luukos, which my new cleric isn't.

I want to alter them and have them attuned and not have to wait around for another prayerbead merchant, because they only come around rarely during events.

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I have a particularly awesome pair I :heart: on my Erithi that I don't believe have been COVERED yet. Should I?
Up to you. You have the exact same set of scripts on them if they're unattuned. It just won't name the deity. I have a couple sets of prayerbeads that I keep intentionally unattuned because the characters that carry them don't ally themselves entirely with one deity or another. My Erithi, for example, honors both Lumnis and Fash'lo'nae and keeps a set to use either as prayerbeads, or as a meditation aid.

Gretchen

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 06:57 PM
See I have a set I want to give to my other cleric, but they are attuned to Luukos, which my new cleric isn't.

I want to alter them and have them attuned and not have to wait around for another prayerbead merchant, because they only come around rarely during events.
I've tried to get some altered, but I've been unequivocally turned down flat. Apparently the loresong on them makes it near impossible to alter unless you're specifically trained.

Gretchen

Sylvan Dreams
03-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Just out of curiosity. . .would you mind posting the scripts? I got some at EG and didn't really play with them.

ViridianAsp
03-22-2008, 09:10 PM
wave prayerbeads at XXX
You extend your dark emerald prayerbeads toward XXX and trace a symbol in the air, invoking Luukos's blessing on him.
There is an alternate wave script for when person is dead, but I didn't have a body handy...heh.

>pull prayer
You pull a single bead through your fingers, marking off another prayer to Luukos.

>rub prayer
You prayerfully rub your fingers across your dark emerald prayerbeads.
>turn prayer
You wrap your dark emerald prayerbeads around your hand, binding yourself, body and soul, in service to Luukos.
>raise prayer
Your raise your dark emerald prayerbeads above your head, appealing for a moment of Luukos's attention.
>kiss prayer
You raise your dark emerald prayerbeads adoringly to your lips.

>pinch prayer

You grasp a single bead between your forefinger and thumb, focusing your entire mind and spirit on the words of a prayer to Luukos.
>gaze prayer
You gaze intently at your dark emerald prayerbeads, opening your soul to Luukos.
>shake prayer
You rattle the dark emerald prayerbeads in your hand, keeping time with a softly chanted prayer to Luukos.

These are all of the ones I know about.

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Just ran mine through a script checker, and I didn't find any more.

Gretchen

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Just saw this in game. It's all one action.

(Cleric) drapes his sapphire prayerbeads reverently over the prone body of (Deadguy).

With a quick twist of his wrist, (Cleric) gathers his sapphire prayerbeads back into his hand.

Gretchen

Sylvan Dreams
03-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I think then I must not have attuned mine. I got an altered/unlocked set from the guy at the EG but when I run the scripts, it doesn't mention a deity, even though when I got the work I requested one.

Nilandia
03-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I ran my unattuned beads through the script checker. It never mentions a deity by name. It'll say stuff like, "your deity" or whatever.

Gretchen

Stanley Burrell
03-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Up to you. You have the exact same set of scripts on them if they're unattuned. It just won't name the deity. I have a couple sets of prayerbeads that I keep intentionally unattuned because the characters that carry them don't ally themselves entirely with one deity or another. My Erithi, for example, honors both Lumnis and Fash'lo'nae and keeps a set to use either as prayerbeads, or as a meditation aid.

Gretchen

Here's what happens when you unlock them with your deity converted to "Other" (#999.)

>gaze prayer

You gaze intently at your storm agate prayerbeads, opening your soul to inspiration.
Nothing happens.

Now, more than ever before:

:'(