PDA

View Full Version : WTT: a glowbark heavy crossbow

Pom
03-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I am looking to trade up my "glowbark heavy crossbow" (base 4x, permablessed. self-ammo, variable 0-6x bolts, variable none-exception damage weighting) for some other self-ammo bow/crossbow.. I will consider most all offers, I'm just trying to get a feel for what's available.

I can/will include coins and/or cash to make up the difference in something far more expensive. Please PM me, IM me at "AllahDeMecca" (AIM) or "JonathanZaleski@gmail.com" (MSN).. Thanks for stopping by!

Kull
03-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Hm, can you fire a crossbow with onehand after it's loaded? Further, crossbow acts as a mace when used in onehand do you get the bonus for it being glowbark and what about the enchant bonus from the bolts?

Danical
03-21-2008, 08:22 PM
that bitch sure does get around.

Kull
03-21-2008, 08:27 PM
One more thing, can you load a crossbow onehanded?

AestheticDeath
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
How would you load a crossbow one handed?

Fallen
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
You place it on the ground and have a shield in your left hand? I dunno, good question. Maybe with it slung over your shoulder.

Kull
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
If you had a shield for example attached to the forearm it's possible. I think they call them bucklers.

Fallen
03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
If GS had that type of mechanic it would be awesome, if unbalancing for rogues. I also think certain weapon types should be "Glove" worn and allow for picking up items.

Kull
03-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Like Paingrips for example.

Kull
03-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I actually want to see some old school Arquebus or blunderbusses in GS. Maybe some ultra rare gnomish invention.

The Ponzzz
03-21-2008, 08:47 PM
If GS had that type of mechanic it would be awesome, if unbalancing for rogues. I also think certain weapon types should be "Glove" worn and allow for picking up items.

I have suggested this in the past. But I think some brawling weapons should just ALTER a closed fist. So for example...

WEAR CESTUS

And now when I type ATT/KILL [creature] I swing my fist, but really it's the cestus, leaving my hands open. And my fist has the DF, RT and AS of the cestus.

As for bucklers being worn, that would be neat, but the hand the left hand would still not be usable by many things.

Fallen
03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Eugenides once proposed wearing bracers and using them in combat to block shots. There are many systems and mechanics that could be implimented to spice up GS. Hopefully unarmed combat is the first of many such additions.

thefarmer
03-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Eugenides once proposed wearing bracers and using them in combat to block shots. There are many systems and mechanics that could be implimented to spice up GS. Hopefully unarmed combat is the first of many such additions.

>raise bracer
You raise your arm in a defensive gesture in an attempt to have your bracer take the brunt of an upcoming blow

Pity it's just a script too.

Pom
03-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Sooo.. anyone have any cool bows or we just going to talk about cool mechanics :-)

Stretch
03-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Maybe if you ask nice, he'll trade you this bow!

Dionket draws back on the force between the limbs of his bow, causing a crackling hazy blue bolt of energy to appear at its center.
Dionket fires a crackling hazy blue bolt of energy at an ethereal triton sentry!
AS: +458 vs DS: +357 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +42 = +173
... and hits for 44 points of damage!
Quick strike to the left leg!
The triton sentry makes no bones about it.
The triton sentry is knocked to the ground!
The bolt of energy dissipates into tiny hazy blue particles.

Pom
03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Man do I wish.. I'll assume that's one of the gauntlet bows? or elemental bows? Either way.. is awesome

AestheticDeath
03-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Pretty sure thats a gauntlet bow - who is Dionket though? And which version is that?

Kull
03-22-2008, 10:43 AM
A Pata (Devangari पट) or sword gauntlet is a bladed weapon from Northern India much like a short sword, except that the blade is integrated in a gauntlet. (The use of the term Pata vs. the Devangari पट possibly dates to Portuguese terminology for the claw or hoof which the weapon resembles).

In use, it could be employed similar to a katar, though the additional support from being laid along the forearm may have allowed them to be used as a slashing weapon too. It was considered to be a highly effective weapon for Infantrymen against heavily armoured cavalry. The Pata gradually evolved from 10 inch long Katar to sometimes as long as 44 inch long, double edged weapon.

Shivaji was believed to be a prominent user of this weapon during his time. One of his generals, Tanaji Malusare, used the weapon with both his hands during the Battle of Sinhagad, before one of his hands was cut off.

Emperor Akbar also used this weapon during the siege of Gujarat. The Rajput warriors are known to have used this weapon very effectively during Mughal Period. They also developed variations of Pata with matchlock pistols adjoining the handle too.

One of the best collections of this weapon can be seen at the Durbar Hall, Shiva Nivas Palace, at Udaipur, Rajasthan. The erstwhile rulers – the Royal Family of Mewar owns the collection. It is displayed along with many other Medieval Weapons.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/17/PB240840.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/PB240841.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/17/Pata_5.JPG

Try disarming that!

Kull
03-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Dual wield and definetly be able to block any incoming blows like a shield. Probably no ranged attacks though.

thefarmer
03-22-2008, 10:51 AM
That's an awesome picture of a ranged weapon.

Kull
03-22-2008, 10:54 AM
That's an awesome picture of a ranged weapon.

Can't block a ranged weapon is what I meant. Like arrows and stuff.

AestheticDeath
03-22-2008, 02:38 PM
try cutting the pics down to size

Pom
03-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Consider this thread dead as I've decided to sell this crossbow instead.. it can be found under "High-End Valuables" or at the URL below.. Thanks

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=31039