PDA

View Full Version : Post your incredibly fun / crazy CMAN thoughts

Maerit
03-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Crowd Tackle
Mnemonic: ctackle
Hostile: yes
Stamina Cost: 15
Other Requirements: Cannot be used by halflings or gnomes.
Available to: Warriors
Prerequisites: Tackle (Rank 3 or equivalent guild training)

CMP Cost

Rank 1 -- 2
Rank 2 -- 4
Rank 3 -- 6
Rank 4 -- 8
Rank 5 -- 10

Description: Attempts to hurl yourself into a crowd of opponents possibly tackling up to three targets using your momentum and mass to knock them over.

7 Second Roundtime, and you remain prone following the manuever.

Haha, I can just see my massive giant warrior hurling himself at a crowd of orcs in an attempt to knock them over.

TheEschaton
03-18-2008, 12:58 AM
15 stamina to knock over up to 3 targets? That is crazy.

The Ponzzz
03-18-2008, 01:18 AM
I'll keep to my 10 mana and knock over everything like level!

Back
03-18-2008, 01:42 AM
I see what you are getting at... a swarm stopper.

Thunderstomp! All stamina to knock everything in the room to the ground with RT?

Fallen
03-18-2008, 09:16 AM
I always believed Gemstone should institute a combo system for AS/DS/CMAN mechanics. I've been meaning to write out a long idea on the topic, but eh.

Basically, when you swing you are given Hard RT, however after so many seconds of that hard RT you can choose to activate a command from a pool of different commands based upon your training, whether your blow landed, and your weapon style. These commands would involve striking your opponent with a weighted AS/DS roll, with the weighting being based on the type of attack, an open (hidden) roll, and whether your initial blow landed. These attack would have you incur even more "Hard RT", where your options for additional strikes after you've waited several seconds would be further limited. Finally, you could either tie in a CMAN such as Coup or Hamstring, or any other applicable CMAN to end your combination strike, OR with sufficient MOC training carry your strikes over to an additional target.

An example situation would be as such:

1. You swing a battle axe at a creature and strike it, you have 6 seconds of roundtime.

2. After 3 seconds of roundtime has passed you can either POMMEL STRIKE for 3 more seconds of RT with a lesser chance at EBP, or you can select FOLLOW THROUGH and turn full circle to strike at your opponent again for an additional 6 seconds of RT.

3. Lets say you chose FOLLOW THROUGH after four more seconds of Hard RT has passed, you can choose to ENGAGE another creature in the room, which would have you let your momentum carry you towards another target to swing, or you can perform any number of CMANS depending on the state of the creature, to include Coup De Grace.

4. You chose to finish this creature off using Coup De Grace, and successfully perform the maneuver. This gives you the inherent bonuses to Coup, AND since you completed a combo in full, provides only an added 3 seconds of soft RT on to your original swing.

This whole system can be somewhat automated by choosing to attempt the same combinations with every attack, or you can keep the system fluid and enter in your attack commands as you see fit. I believe tieing this system onto MOC would be an extremely viable benefit for larger weapons, as you're stuck in so much RT for striking multiple targets in one room. You could potentially stack yourself into a TON of RT, but you could also engage a small swarm of creatures at once.

Thoughts?

Ben 2.0
03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Warrior specific CMAN that adds a decent amount of AS

NocturnalRob
03-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Warrior specific CMAN that adds a decent amount of AS

sigh...

Maerit
03-18-2008, 10:32 AM
15 stamina to knock over up to 3 targets? That is crazy.

Hold the phone -- let me clarify.

First off, this is a light-hearted, inventive thread. You're not supposed to rip apart the CMANs, just chuckle at them. Obviously you don't want to post ridiculously stupid ideas that don't fit in to the game (i.e. plasma gun-arm!). Just post your inventive or funny CMAN concepts.

Fallen was half-way there by being inventive, but it wasn't a CMAN. Still sounds neat.

You have to realize at this point that no matter how many cool ideas you throw out there, Simu isn't going to implement any of them, but its at least interesting to read these inventions.

Secondly, what are you smoking! You do realize that its 15 stamina, costs 30 CMAN training points, requires 30 ranks of tackle through the guild or requires additional CMAN training points spent, and you end up prone after using it? All for a 3-target limited ewave that could have been accomplished from tapping a pin on your shirt. Surely its not THAT outrageous... but still fun.

AnticorRifling
03-18-2008, 10:38 AM
cman cyclone

It's OP.

Latrinsorm
03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
I have a thought on this topic that I've posted before on the officials, but I reckon it's worth posting here too:

The first step is to grant every Warrior the equivalent of Batter mastery and remove Batter as a guild skill. Next, implement a new guild skill that grants various maneuvers at 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 ranks, letting people select whichever maneuver they'd like to learn at each point from the following list:

(Note: by design, each maneuver has the same initial conditions in the example given until modified by the maneuver itself. Messaging given within () denotes messaging only apparent from the second-person.)

Strike Through
Stamina: 10.
The Warrior charges forward with her strike, allowing momentum to carry her past the creature and presenting an opportunity for an unprotected strike at the creature's back. (Provides a modifier of -ranks to target's DS, same roundtime as a 2-strike Mstrike.)

Warrior charges with a falchion at a large ogre!
AS: +171 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +49 = +202
... and hits for 48 points of damage!
Hard slash to belly severs a few nerve endings.
Warrior reverses her falchion, striking again at a large ogre!
AS: +171 vs DS: -8 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +22 = +238
... and hits for 70 points of damage!
Knocked sideways several feet by blow to back.
A large ogre is stunned!
(Roundtime: 8 sec.)

Grand Vision
Stamina: None.
The Warrior relies on his peerless martial training to maneuver multiple creatures into a crossfire. (Once activated, the maneuver can only be fulfilled within 10 seconds. Applies to any physical attack, including but not limited to missiles and bolt/ball spells. Cannot be activated unless more than one creature is in the room. Maneuver will be cancelled if character takes any aggressive action.)

Warrior relaxes almost imperceptibly, staring at a large ogre.
(Roundtime: 2 sec.)
>
Warrior suddenly dives to the side, rolling gracefully to his feet!
A lesser orc swings a cudgel at a large ogre!
AS: +108 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +90 = +163
... and hits for 24 points of damage!
Bones in left arm crack.
(Roundtime: 1 sec.)

Leapfrog
Stamina: 12.
The Warrior utilizes her martial superiority to turn any aggressive physical action by the target into an opportunity for a high-flying attack. (Once activated, the maneuver can only be fulfilled within 7 seconds. Applies to any melee weapon attack or maneuver. Provides a multiplicative modifier of (ranks/50) to AS.)

Warrior crouches slightly, gazing intently at a large ogre.
>
As a large ogre attacks, Warrior leaps into the air!
Warrior performs a stunning maneuver, acrobatically twirling in mid-air!
Warrior swings a falchion at a large ogre!
AS: +215 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +49 = +240
... and hits for 71 points of damage!
Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.
A large ogre falls to the ground and dies.
(Roundtime: 5 sec.)

Many Cuts
Stamina: Ranks * 3 / 10 (minimum of 10)
Disdaining critical strikes, the Warrior increases his rate of fire substantially. (Receive a modifier of (1.5 + (ranks * 3 / 100)) to strikes on the next attack or mstrike. [Extra strikes on mstrike are granted to primary hand first in the case of an odd number of bonus attacks.] All strikes receive -20 phantom damage for purposes of crit calculations. Once activated, the maneuver will be cancelled by any command not an attack or mstrike.)

Warrior exhales deeply.
>
... and hits for 36 points of damage!
Strike to the eye clips the eyebrow.
Warrior's hand[s] seem[s] to blur in a blistering assault on a large ogre!
AS: +171 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +22 = +175
... and hits for 27 points of damage!
Weak slash to the large ogre's lower back!
AS: +171 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +75 = +228
... and hits for 57 points of damage!
Internal organs bruised.
A large ogre is stunned!

Heavenly Dive
Stamina: Same as Wtrick Spin Attack + 5.
The Warrior "throws" her weapon into the next room, allowing her to then sprint into the next room and execute a devastating aerial assault. (Twice the bonus of Spin Attack to both AS and temporary dodge ranks.) [Ed. note: I put "throws" in quotes because mechanically the weapon will never leave the Warrior's hand.)

[from the generating room]

Warrior hurls her falchion east!
>
Warrior charges east!

[from the attacking room]

A falchion flies into the room on a majestic parabola!
>
Warrior charges into the room and leaps into the air!
Plucking her weapon from the sky, Warrior somersaults and swings a falchion at a large ogre!
AS: +207 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +49 = +238
... and hits for 80 points of damage!
Spectacular slash!
The large ogre's left arm is neatly amputated!
A large ogre is stunned!

Shadowless Assault
Stamina: Same as CMAN Quickstrike.
The Warrior attacks faster than the eye can follow with such severity that the creature is maneuvered into a precarious position. (+1 RT to the initial attack which is "unseen" as in the following example. Character gets a bonus to AS of ((rank/25)*damage done on the first attack) for the second attack. Bonus expires after a period equal to the initial roundtime appended to the end of the first roundtime.)

A large ogre is assaulted!
... and hit for 53 points of damage!
Whoosh! Several ribs driven into lungs.
A large ogre is stunned!
Warrior is suddenly in excellent position!
(Roundtime: 6 sec.)
[Note, the warrior has 6 seconds after the end of this roundtime to attack and gain the AS bonus.]
>
AS: +305 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +22 = +309
... and hits for 93 points of damage!
Left arm ripped from socket at the elbow!
A large ogre falls to the ground and dies.

Gentle Strike
Stamina: 20.
The culmination of the Elegant Warrior's art, the Warrior manipulates her attack so as to cause irreparable internal damage from an apparently trivial external wound. (-30 phantom points of damage for the purposes of crit calculation, after (10 - 7*(ranks/63)) seconds the target is subjected to (trunc(ranks/5)*raw damage of first attack) damage. The maximum effect is therefore 12x damage after 3 seconds.)

Warrior adjusts her grip on a falchion.
... and hits for 38 points of damage!
Blow leaves an imprint on the large ogre?s chest!
>
Warrior smirks.
>
A large ogre suddenly convulses!
... 396 damage!
The large ogre falls to the ground and dies.

AnticorRifling
03-18-2008, 10:55 AM
What kind of iron fist, paper crane movie did you watch to come up with those names?

Latrinsorm
03-18-2008, 10:58 AM
RIFLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!

Actually, I could probably call one of them "Rifling Strike". "Magic Towel" won't make the cut though, sorry. :(

Gnomad
03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Heavenly Dive
Stamina: Same as Wtrick Spin Attack + 5.
The Warrior "throws" her weapon into the next room, allowing her to then sprint into the next room and execute a devastating aerial assault. (Twice the bonus of Spin Attack to both AS and temporary dodge ranks.) [Ed. note: I put "throws" in quotes because mechanically the weapon will never leave the Warrior's hand.)

[from the generating room]

Warrior hurls her falchion east!
>
Warrior charges east!

[from the attacking room]

A falchion flies into the room on a majestic parabola!
>
Warrior charges into the room and leaps into the air!
Plucking her weapon from the sky, Warrior somersaults and swings a falchion at a large ogre!
AS: +207 vs DS: +55 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +49 = +238
... and hits for 80 points of damage!
Spectacular slash!
The large ogre's left arm is neatly amputated!
A large ogre is stunned!
(Roundtime: 5 sec.)Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxgx4o8AzH4

I like all the mechanics of the suggestions in there, but I'd prefer leapfrog be some kind of standing riposte; warriors have enough high-flying attacks already.