PDA

View Full Version : IRS AUDIT

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
SCARE ROFL. Got that stimulus auto notice in the mail today.. just saw IRS and bunch of red letters before I read it.

My heart jumped5 miles.

NocturnalRob
03-17-2008, 01:04 PM
SCARE ROFL. Got that stimulus auto notice in the mail today.. just saw IRS and bunch of red letters before I read it.

My heart jumped5 miles.

Yeah, they should probably do something about the format of that. if don't like cleaning crap out of my pants.

Stanley Burrell
03-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Conspiracy theory tin foil hat says it's designed to draw your attention in that specific manner. How frickin' serious would taxes be if they started throwing up neon green IRS gang slogans. Jesus-fucking-learned behavior.

Sincerely,

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0001090006052_LG.jpg

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Nope.. it was my SO's name and usually do hers on the computer... I was worried I might have fucked something up over the years. Lol ..I was like jsus she's going to kill me.

Tsa`ah
03-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Why are you so scared about getting an IRS audit? Sounds like you're hiding something.

Hiding or not, most people would fear an audit even if they have never cheated on their taxes.

It essentially boils down to your interpretation of a deduction vs a bureaucratic pencil pusher's interpretation. In order for your opinion to stand a chance you need to have a tax lawyer .... which costs.

People don't fear an audit because they have something to hide, they fear an audit because no matter what .... it's going to cost them.

Tsa`ah
03-18-2008, 08:05 PM
It won't cost much if you are enrolled in TaxCut's Audit Defense program!

Not likely .... then again that depends on how complex your filing is vs income.

Audit defense products have sketchy wording to begin with .... it's too easy for any of the product representatives to claim a deduction was "misrepresented" and stick the "customer" with the cost of a failed defense. In fact, most of these products have limitations to begin with.

Such products and programs have the company in mind and not the customer ... which is why I'll stick to an attorney should I ever find myself on the other end of an audit.