PDA

View Full Version : Lich no worky...

Deathravin
03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
It all started after I downloaded the new SGE. It worked until I logged out & back in. Now it doesn't work.

Some Rogue
03-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I had so much trouble getting it to work on the another computer I just loaded up and in the end I'm not actually sure what the problem was. I think part of my problem was Vista. The only way I got it to work was by using the Force Wizard mode and using that everytime I want to log in with that computer. Luckily it's not my main one heh.

Deathravin
03-16-2008, 09:06 PM
More testing -
Prime + SF + Website = Works
Prime + Wiz + Website = Works
Prime + SF + SGE = Doesn't work unless I select "Force Stormfront"
Prime + Wiz + SGE = Doesn't work unless I select "Force Wizard"
Plat + SF + Website = Doesn't work, even if I select "Force Plat" OR "Force Stormfront"
Plat + Wiz + Website = Same
Plat + SF + SGE = Same
Plat + Wiz + SGE = Same

When I select "Force Stormfront" for plat, SF says it can't connect.

Deathravin
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
OK... Fixed it by going to yesterday's restore point then reinstalling Lich.

Pain... In... The... ASS...

Just FYI, New SGE + Platinum + Lich = suxxors

Jeake
03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
So I've got a new computer and the same problem. Anyone have the old SGE install file someplace? Thanks.

Jeake
03-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Wanted to follow up on this. After many attempts...something said on the lichnet trigged yet another attempt. I was successfully able to install lich to my registry after I had installed the new SGE, then installed the launcher, then over wrote the SGE.exe with my old SGE.exe. Given the sccussful lich installation to my registry, I was able to play platinum using stormfront. The big difference between this attempt and all the others was the launcher installation (which I am not sure I had ever installed on this computer). Big thanks to Auryana.