PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Training

dszabo
03-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I was looking for a little input into paladin skill training.
I am curious as to how beneficial the lores are to a paladin, then also what a good training regimen is for a voln paladin. What I was looking at was the following -
2x armor use to half plate
2x shield use
2x weapon (OHE) use
1.5x brawling
1x CM
.5x ambush (should I stop at a certain point for open aiming?)
.5x PT
.5x swimming
.5x climbing
.5x perception
1x Harness
have 24 spirit mana share by 40 paladin spell ranks
and for spells I'd get to 1625, then 120, then 16xx at 1x spells

Any input would be fantastic because that plan doesn't leave much room for many lores. Thanks in advance!

thefarmer
03-15-2008, 09:38 PM
http://carabele.com/odds/LoreBenefits.htm-Will tell you what lores do.
I'd suggested getting enough lore to kneel 3 targets with the Judgement spell.

Go up to full plate, unless there's an RP reason you want halfplate.

I'd skip the brawling. You can hit undead, why use Fu?

PT needs to be 1x at least.

Swim/climb shouldn't be necessary at .5. Just get it when you need it.

Ambush/Perception is a toss-up. I don't bother ambushing, but I haven't needed it yet.

Share isn't that necessary, more of a personal choice.

Get to up to Divine Intervention. That spell will save your ass many times over. Then go up the minor spirit to 120.

dszabo
03-15-2008, 09:47 PM
ok, I was curious about the PT because using Tsoran's spreadhseet, I was never able to get redux with 1x pt.

Thanks for that info though!

thefarmer
03-15-2008, 09:49 PM
You'll get redux.

Plus you'll need it for the stamina an HP (and regen).

dszabo
03-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Another question...if I have the points would it be better to double in PT or work on adding some more CMs? Or, I'm pretty sure this isn't the answer...get some dodge, even though I'll be using a tower shield.
Thanks again!

dszabo
03-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh, and Judgement's base target kneeling is 3.

thefarmer
03-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh, and Judgement's base target kneeling is 3.

Sorry, I meant enough lore to max out the % chance to kneel.

thefarmer
03-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Another question...if I have the points would it be better to double in PT or work on adding some more CMs? Or, I'm pretty sure this isn't the answer...get some dodge, even though I'll be using a tower shield.
Thanks again!

Doubling either works. There are plenty of paladins that do one or the other. Eventually'll you cut down on learning spells (around 50-ish) and you'll start getting more free TP's to start to get to a full 2x in either (or both) if you want.

Dodge never hurts, but at 2x shields, I wouldn't put too many ranks into it. You'll lose alot of the benefits of it using a large shield (which you should use at 2x shield).

Back
03-15-2008, 10:57 PM
I think you need to stay focused on your training in the early levels then expand your training as you gain more and more points to play with.

At 34 my training...

2x Armor, Shield, Edged
1x CM, Dodge, PF, Perception, Harness Power, Climb, Swim
32 ranks of Spells
A few ranks of MIU and a few ranks of Summoning lore

You could drop Climb, Swim and lores early to pick up more CM. My paladin’s CMAN choices are what I think gives him an edge in combat.

I just wanted to get Climb/Swim and a little MIU (7 ranks which can be really helpful) out of the way early. Now I can start adding more ranks of CM, some lores and catch up on spells.

My paladin’s stats are weighted PTP. There is something to be said for the MTP weighted paladin. From what I understand, the closer you get to cap, the more you rely on casting.

I don’t know how helpful 1x perception is, but at 3 MP it just seems reasonable enough. But with those precious MTPs, maybe .5x.