PDA

View Full Version : Willy Wonka

Czeska
12-18-2003, 02:33 PM
What's your favorite scene?

CrystalTears
12-18-2003, 02:38 PM
When they're in the inventing room and get the everlasting gubstopper. I want one. :D

Czeska
12-18-2003, 02:39 PM
<snickers> Violet Beauregard. Little gum chewing skank.

Zeyrin
12-18-2003, 02:42 PM
But DADDY!!! I want an Umpa Lumpa TOO!!!

I just want to smack that lil' bitch.

Czeska
12-18-2003, 02:46 PM
I want a Golden Goose NOWWWWWW

Snapp
12-18-2003, 02:59 PM
The blueberry thing is my favorite too. ;) I also like all the stupid little Oompa Loompa songs.

Valiren
12-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
The blueberry thing is my favorite too. ;) I also like all the stupid little Oompa Loompa songs.

Don't forget the great choreography while they sing!

Czeska
12-18-2003, 03:16 PM
How about fizzy lifting gas?

Wezas
12-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Years ago I heard of a remake of Willy Wonka that would be coming out starring Nicolas Cage. Now I hear Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, directed by Tim Burton in a "Darker Version" of Willy Wonka.

Searching on IMDB will find more amusing suggestions: Marilyn Manson, Adam Sandler, Christopher Walken, Weird Al, John Lithgow, Eddie Izzard, Alan Cumming, Mike Myers, Eric Idle, John Leguizamo, etc.

DarknessWithin
12-18-2003, 03:59 PM
OK...I GOTTA BE THE FIRST TO POST THIS...

::CLEARS HIS THROAT::

OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DOO
I'VE GOT A PERFECT PUZZLE FOR YOU
OOMPA LOOMPA, DOOMPADAH DEE
IF YOU ARE WISE YOU'LL LISTEN ME
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU GUZZLE DOWN SWEETS
EATING AS MUCH AS AN ELEPHANT EATS
WHAT ARE YOU AT GETTING TERRIBLY FAT
WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL COME OF THAT
I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF IT
OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DAH
IF YOU'RE NOT GREEDY YOU WILL GO FAR
YOU WILL LIVE IN HAPPINESS TOO
LIKE THE OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DO
DOOMPADEE DOO!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Soulpieced
12-18-2003, 04:47 PM
You stole fizzy lifting drinks... you get NOTHING.

Latrinsorm
12-18-2003, 05:40 PM
River.

StrayRogue
12-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
Years ago I heard of a remake of Willy Wonka that would be coming out starring Nicolas Cage. Now I hear Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, directed by Tim Burton in a "Darker Version" of Willy Wonka.

Searching on IMDB will find more amusing suggestions: Marilyn Manson, Adam Sandler, Christopher Walken, Weird Al, John Lithgow, Eddie Izzard, Alan Cumming, Mike Myers, Eric Idle, John Leguizamo, etc.

Wrong. Tim Burton is putting the finishing touches to his new film. Rumours like this are as abundant as the "next Die Hard will be in a Jungle, the next Batman will be Eminem (he's actually going to be the Brit guy from Equilibrium) etc".

PoppycockTheFool
12-18-2003, 06:28 PM
I love Willy Wonka. The only thing I dont like is when Charlie's mom sings.

By the way, I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket, it's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now!

CrystalTears
12-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Wrong. Tim Burton is putting the finishing touches to his new film. Rumours like this are as abundant as the "next Die Hard will be in a Jungle, the next Batman will be Eminem (he's actually going to be the Brit guy from Equilibrium) etc".

Not really sure what scarab has crawled up your butt lately :P but it's not wrong. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, starring Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka and directed by Tim Burton, is already in production with a release date of June 2005.

Edit: Bah, forgot to mention that it's in an announced status since it doesn't start filming until early 2004.

[Edited on 12/18/2003 by CrystalTears]

Weedmage Princess
12-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka will make me think dirty things and taint one of my favorite childhood movies.

Favorite scene was the fizzy bubble stuff and the Blueberry girl..hee

Vixen
12-18-2003, 06:49 PM
I dont have a favorite scene so much as I just love all the off the wall comments Willy Wonka makes at random points throughout. Misquotes and the little ditties. It always amused me.

Khaitiff
12-18-2003, 07:07 PM
My favorite scene is when they get into the factory and Gene Wilder sings his song. Just watching everyone eat and go crazy while he sings makes me happy.

CrystalTears
12-18-2003, 07:08 PM
I want one of those bushes with the tea cups you can eat. Those look yummy.

DaMaGe
12-18-2003, 07:12 PM
'The schnozberries taste like schnozberries.'

-Adam

Wezas
12-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Originally posted by StrayRogue

Not really sure what scarab has crawled up your butt lately :P but it's not wrong. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, starring Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka and directed by Tim Burton, is already in production with a release date of June 2005.

Edit: Bah, forgot to mention that it's in an announced status since it doesn't start filming until early 2004.

[Edited on 12/18/2003 by CrystalTears]

Thank you Crystal, maybe if he spent less time trolling and being an asshole and more time doing some research he wouldn't look like a complete dumbass so much.

Neildo
12-19-2003, 12:02 AM
I like Wonka's little comments too. I don't have a favorite scene but when I was little, the damned river boat scene scared the piss out of me. I don't know what it is, but those 60's psychadelic movies that show close up of eyeballs, insects and other weird stuff freaks me out.

- N

Tendarian
12-19-2003, 12:08 AM
the damned river boat scene scared the piss out of me. I don't know what it is, but those 60's psychadelic movies that show close up of eyeballs, insects and other weird stuff

I was just about to post this exact same scene as my favorite as well. The part that annoys me most is the grandpa who sat in bed for 30 years while they had to eat cabbage soup suddenly gets better when they win a trip to a chocolate factory. I realize its a fun movie but i always thought Charlie should have pushed him down some stairs and took his mother or somethin :)

Satira
12-19-2003, 02:41 AM
I'm sorry to say, but I've never liked that movie. It scares the crap out of me. It's all freaky and I hate it. When I heard Marilyn Manson was (rumored) going to be Willy Wonka I was excited because I thought, "Well at least they aren't trying to make it into a HAPPY movie". Oh and also, what is with Willy Wonka at the end acting so pissy then he's all cheery again? He's bipolar. Get me away from that movie.

SpunGirl
12-19-2003, 06:19 AM
Charlie's singing and general goodi-ness irritate me through that entire movie. No kid is THAT much sweetness and light, sorry.

It was nice that he got the factory. And hey, maybe his whole family was on the cabbage soup diet.

I like the scene where she they factory workers are tearing apart the bars. Very funny.

-K

Drew2
12-19-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by DaMaGe
'The schnozberries taste like schnozberries.'

-Adam

Ahahahaha!!

The first night by myself in my apartment I got bored and noticed the wallpaper in the kitchen had pictures of fruit so I amused myself by repeating that line and pretending to lick the wall.

I don't know why i just shared that.

longshot
12-19-2003, 06:52 AM
The fat kid getting stuck in the tube...

Czeska
12-19-2003, 10:43 AM
The river boat scene still freaks me out. I am convinced That Willy slipped all of those people a very small dose of some very bad acid.
And he seemed a bit like a pedophile at the end.. but nontheless! Awesome movie.
And thanks for that Johnny Depp visual. No man should look that hot in eyeliner.
I also agree that "Cheer up Charlie" is awful! Bad mother! Bad!

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a'blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell a'glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes!
The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!

<screams and runs into the dark night>

Latrinsorm
12-19-2003, 03:33 PM
It reminds me of a work of Poe, that river scene.

Hey look! Tendarian came back! And's still psychotic! :D Good to see the Man can't keep you down.

Tendarian
12-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Had some issues with my connection that needed to be worked out. And yeah i dont know what happened with my avatar but heres a word of advice for all. When choosing an avatar that you dont host (like my kids in the hall one) Its probably a good idea to host it yourself or get permission as they change it and suddenly you have something totally different.