PDA

View Full Version : Incread skill migrator time?

ThisOtherKingdom
12-21-2003, 04:34 AM
Did I miss the warning, or did they not give one?! This sucks. I would've have kept it the way I was had I known.

Harness Power......................| 93 21 15 9 days 17 hours 17 min

Ansherak
12-21-2003, 04:40 AM
Seems it did go up, maybe it won't be staying that way?
I was under the impression that the skill migrator would be untouched until the 45 days was up upon release, could be wrong though?

D-

Pallon
12-21-2003, 05:22 AM
It takes nine days to lose six ranks? Are you shitting me?

The skill migrator was supposed to go back to the normal rate 30 days after you converted your character, which would have made a command that allows to you check your conversion time incredibly useful. I think they should leave it at the fast pace at least until they fully activate the DR point system.

Ansherak
12-21-2003, 05:40 AM
Maybe its Simu' version of a christmas present?

D-

Khaitiff
12-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Well they did say that when the shortened time was up that highend characters wouldnt want to move skills around but maybe once or twice a year if at that, hinting towards the fact it would take days to a week to change skills, and yes that long for just one skill even.

ThisOtherKingdom
12-21-2003, 07:51 AM
Well, I changed more than one skill. When I got out of the mangler, some skills were taking up to 24 days to change. I immediately went back in and changed stuff back around. However, this is the only skill that there remained a time limit on.

Khaitiff
12-21-2003, 07:51 AM
SKILL MIGRATOR (TEXT AND GRAPHICAL)

For three days following a character's conversion to GemStone IV, skill migration will be instantaneous. For the following 27 days, skill migration will be very rapid (30min-1hr for a full migration). After that, skill migration times will be very slow. (A character could not expect to do a major reallocation on an old character more than once, maybe twice, a year.)

Added: For those who are curious, GS4 went live Nov 21'st and there is only 15 days left of the Exp Multiplier and whatnot.

[Edited on 12-21-2003 by Khaitiff]

Deathdivious
12-21-2003, 08:51 AM
you think you got screwed? The coulda given me a warning atleast before exiting the INN.

your skill bonuses and ranks are:
Skill Name | Bonus Ranks Goals Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 10 2 0 9 days 17 hours 20 min
Ranged Weapons.....................| 120 30 0 145 days 20 hours 0 min
Physical Fitness...................| 82 18 0 50 days 0 hours 0 min
Spell Aiming.......................| 160 60 0 41 days 16 hours 0 min
Harness Power......................| 160 60 90 41 days 16 hours 0 min
Elemental Mana Control.............| 130 35 35
Spirit Mana Control................| 10 2 19 88 days 13 hours 0 min
Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 99 23 0 47 days 22 hours 0 min
Perception.........................| 149 49 0 51 days 1 hour 0 min
Swimming...........................| 25 5 0 5 days 5 hours 0 min

Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 20 20
Minor Elemental....................| 25 25
Wizard.............................| 13 20 19 days 10 hours 40 min
Training Points: 2 Phy 0 Mnt (1362 Phy converted to Mnt)

Khaitiff
12-21-2003, 09:20 AM
ROFL Thats funny shit.... good luck to ya for trying to fuck the system. ROFL I'll laugh while I spend the next 145 days hunting while you wait for that last rank to finish up.

ThisOtherKingdom
12-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Yep, that's how mine looked originally. Good thing I did it on my level 13 empath and not my main.

StrayRogue
12-21-2003, 10:07 AM
You haven't gotten screwed by anyone but yourself. You've had ample time to test and retest. If you haven't created a plan for your character by now then you've got no excuses. Losing skills takes alot longer than gaining them. Stop whining. Stop trying to min-max.

Xcalibur
12-21-2003, 10:09 AM
[hint] your test phase is over, please bear in mind that you're now in the real skill migration plan

too hard to warn their players?

StrayRogue
12-21-2003, 10:13 AM
They're warned em plenty of times. The test phase ended over a month ago. The game has been live for a while now.

Xcalibur
12-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Ahhh.. too bad for them, then

hehe

man, what's the point of that skill migrator if it's THAT slow?

StrayRogue
12-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Erm so if you fuck up your characters training you can reset it. Its not impossible to make an unviable character. Its also now very difficult for Simu to implement new changes which will fuck up characters now that they can all react to it in their training (unlike GP etc).

Zir
12-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Can't you just check into the inn and reallocate, or is that over with too?

AnticorRifling
12-22-2003, 07:00 AM
You can still reallocate but you have a finite number of attempts at it so don't waste them unless you're doing drastic changes.

Also: Foot to face technique how do you like it?

Halfsilver
12-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Don't wanna bump an older thread, so this one works.

Is there anyway to prevent the system from unconverting converted tps?

It's really irritating that I didn't get even one mental tp this train.

I can't train in a spell rank this time, because I only have ptp's.

- D (system sucks)

[Edited on 12-22-2003 by Halfsilver]

Latrinsorm
12-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I heard those times were just a funny little joke, and that the system is working much faster.

Example: Thing says two days.

You get done in: about a minute.

That's what I heard, anyway. Also, my skills are still being gained instantenously. Go figure. Warriors! Woo!

Parkbandit
12-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Ahhh.. too bad for them, then

hehe

man, what's the point of that skill migrator if it's THAT slow?

It's to allow for future changes without having to reallocate your characters.

It's a great system in my opinion. So much more user friendly than GS3.. and allows you to change your mind.

Parkbandit
12-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver

- D (system sucks)

You DO realize that converting the PTPs back into MTPS is for your benefit.. right? You do realize that it saves you training points right?

The only way you can have the system NOT help you is to not convert them in the first place. I'm not sure WHY anyone would NOT want the system to help you.. but to each their own. I gave up trying to understand people long ago.

Parkbandit
12-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Halfsilver

- D (system sucks)

You DO realize that converting the PTPs back into MTPS is for your benefit.. right? You do realize that it saves you training points right?

The only way you can have the system NOT help you is to not convert them in the first place. I'm not sure WHY anyone would NOT want the system to help you.. but to each their own. I gave up trying to understand people long ago.

The system doesn't suck.. it's your understanding of how it works that needs some help. Trust me.. it is to your benefit that it converts your training points back.

Halfsilver
12-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Before the system automatically unconverted points, I was able to train along the path I had chosen without problems.

Now, it's very difficult to get everything in that I need. Like another spell rank. I understand that it costs more to convert and might seem inefficient, but it's the way I was used to. In short, I need mental points, not more physical points freed up. I converted them in the first place, because I don't need them.

So no, I DON'T realize that it's to help me.
It's really irritating, actually. Thanks, though.

- D

Warriorbird
12-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Honestly, Stray? I couldn't disagree more. There've been a ton of changes since the test and the maneuvers still aren't all in. This is pretty foolish. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be actually taking that long.

crazymage
12-22-2003, 03:00 PM
They specifically said when if you read khaits post why is everyone upset?