PDA

View Full Version : Training Spreadsheet

Deathravin
03-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Well, I've used Tsoran's spreadsheet for a while and I realized that it doesn't really do much for the planning processess of your character. It's just more of a "What can I do for this level"... if you need to find out what you can do for the next level, you have to wipe it out and redo it.

I made a new spreadsheet using a base that I had made when GS4 was first coming out.

Now it's still very much in beta. The "auto fill" system isn't working yet, but it still works pretty well for what it does.
It works differently than Tsorans. You put the total number of ranks in each level instead of just how many ranks you actually trained in that level.

So for 1x it would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc.

Deathravin
03-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Anyway, let me know what you think.

If you want a 2003 excel version, I can do that I guess. Only real difference for this sheet would be that the conditional formatting options are more primitive.

I just tried it on my sorcerer and I have a few wrong equasions... just FYI.

Errors found so far:
1) The Mana is wrong when compared to Tsorans... But I have a vague rememberance that Tsoran's was wrong to begin with. Not sure. I don't have any higher levels to check it right now.
2) Some of the TP costs are wrong. They're wrong because I stupidly took them off the website. How dare I trust a Simutronic website... Just got all the costs from the new player creator so I just have to parse it... Sorcerer's and Bard's are wrong specifically. I think a couple more - a lot of them have climbing and swimming PTP swapped.

Fixed a few things and re-uploaded.

CrystalTears
03-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Not sure what you mean that you can't plan your character's training. I have it planned all the way to cap, adding in skills during levels where I have extra point and such. I've never had a problem with it. :shrug:

Deathravin
03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
If you use Tsoran's sheet, you don't have a character plan. You have a rough draft. If you follow that plan to cap, you'll see you have hundreds of TPs remaining where his sheet says you're out.
His sheet doesn't take into account the fact you regain TP when you level.

It works fine for the 1x, 2x, 3x options, but .5x, 1.5x (etc) and intermittant 'when I have points' training it doesn't give you an accurate picture. It has to do with the fundimental way it does its TP calcing.

For example, lets say I'm a level 55 sorcerer and I have only 15 ranks in climbing or swiming. According to Tsoran's chart I trained in those 15 ranks at 41-55, the next level doesn't take into account that at 56, now I trained in them from 42-56, thus freeing up extra points.

So if you think you've planned your character, you have more of an outline, but not an exact plan.

Deathravin
03-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Alright, well I just took another look, and you can make Tsoran's sheet can plan for the future. It does take the TP regain into account.

Either way, maybe I'm just anal and want it a certain way (should I really have a 'maybe' in there?).

My head hurts now. This is a 2 o'clock in the morning project that went too far I think... I go back to sleep now.

TheEschaton
03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I've always wondered that about Tsoran's spreadsheet, and now I know. I'll give your sheet a testdrive after school today.