PDA

View Full Version : Still more stuff

justincredible
03-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Alright, digging down deep into the lockers and I still have more crap to get rid of.

1. a long black leather cloak.

Cloak worn, weighs 2, open/close, large amount

Show: A dusting of crushed opals swirl in an intricate pattern along the hem of the cloak, iridescent and sparkling in the light. Their fiery glow sweeps in waves of turqoise, red and orange as the cloak is jostled, giving the pattern an appearance of undulating movement. Fastening the cloak at the neck is a finely carved bone clasp set within a delicately etched silver fitting"

2. a battle-worn enruned vaalorn heater

+18, inspects as vaalorn, medium shield, zested

In one brisk move, you slide a battle-worn enruned vaalorn heater off your shoulder and it settles perfectly into your grip, as if made for only you.
In one brisk move, XXX slides a battle-worn enruned vaalorn heater off his shoulder

You slide your enruned vaalorn heater deftly over one shoulder and it settles comfortably into place.
XXX slides a battle-worn enruned vaalorn heater over his shoulder and it settles into place.

You hold your enruned vaalorn heater firmly in front of you
XXX holds his enruned vaalorn heater firmly in front of him.

You pull in your enruned vaalorn heater, shielding your body
XXX pulls his enruned vaalorn heater close in, shielding his body.

You drum your fingers along the top edge of your enruned vaalorn heater.
XXX drums his fingers along the top edge of his enruned vaalorn heater.

You turn your shield momentarily away from your body in a feint
In a quick move, XXX turns his heater away from his body, pulling it back in quickly.

You rest the edge of your enruned vaalorn heater on the ground and lean into it, letting it carry your weight.
XXX rests the edge of his enruned vaalorn heater on the ground and leans heavily against it.

3. some black dhe'nar warlock robes

SOLD

4. An ash-handled white ora flail

SOLD

5. an elegant invar-hafted eonake morning-star

SOLD

6. a white tunic stitched with lines of red elven runes down each side of the chest

3 mil

4x, robes (probably should have done more research), heavy damage padding

Sylvan Dreams
03-02-2008, 04:28 PM

2 mil

4x further enchantable robes with a hard to get alter

That's not an alter. That's an off-the-shelf item.

Gan
03-02-2008, 04:31 PM

2 mil

4x further enchantable robes with a hard to get alter

That's not an alter. That's an off-the-shelf item.

Yep, I've sold a few out of my shop in the past. They have a wierd result from the AI crystal - appear to have crit padding according to the deep base tone given, yet I've been unable to encounter a bard or warrior who could determine that off a loresong or assessment.

Someone once rumored that maybe it was only enhanced for those of the Dhe'nar culture. That was never substantiated though.

Stanley Burrell
03-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Don't make me grab da heater, son.

justincredible
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
LOL. But the robes had some sort of padding but I could never figure it out. I had it removed a merchant or two ago to make them further enchantable. Got them off some wagon a few years back. Dhe'nar only or they sold some sort of onyx bracelet?

And meant by "hard to get alter" was that it would be hard to get a similar set of robes made under todays guidelines. Maybe not impossible but not so easy.

Wonder if I could sell my heater for a couple racks to the guy who wants a gun...

Drew
03-02-2008, 08:35 PM
What makes that cloak worth 1 mil?

justincredible
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
2lbs and as far as I know a unique, and in my opinion well done, alter.

Drew
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
You can get unique 2 pound cloaks that hold VLA for about 500k, in general.

justincredible
03-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Eh, not my perception of the market. If that is the state of things I will most likely have to revise my price, but I've had a few nibbles at a mil in a day so should be gone by the end of the week for something close. Speak up if you'd like to make an offer. Not ready to settle for 500k quite yet.

Why does it matter so much? I think most of my prices are close to value, and I'm pretty open to trades and bargaining.

Drew
03-02-2008, 10:14 PM
It's not a big deal, it's just that at that price I thought I was missing something.

Lord Nelek
03-03-2008, 06:49 AM
1 pound cloaks are worth a mil..

If they hold a very large amount, not just a large amount.

justincredible
03-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Eh, alter scrolls go for 2 mil and most of the GS inhabitants use them to make something hideous. If someone likes the design it would be worth 800k-1 mil to snatch it up rather than waste at least twice that on a scroll, IMHO.

Many things in todays GS are valued for their appearance just as much as their function (precious metals, ICE aged crap, "illegal" alters, some of the rare woods, fluff of all flavors, hell I just paid 700k for some dice and sold a 8lb shimmering rainbow cloak for 800k [not even worth 10k from a mechanics perspective] and a 5x 18lb shield for 2 mil [maybe worth 500k sans ICE metal])

Although I appreciate the advice, I still think my prices are pretty close to accepted value, we all know this fictional crap's only true "worth" is what people will pay.

Feel free to make offers on any of the items but I reserve the right to hold out for the asking price.

diethx
03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
hell I just paid 700k for some dice and sold a 8lb shimmering rainbow cloak for 800k [not even worth 10k from a mechanics perspective]

I can see you getting 800k for that. It's a really old, discontinued clothier's item. I just hope you advertised it properly to whoever you sold it to in case they don't remember them, because for the longest time here you were claiming it was some sort of "illegal alter" even after being corrected, heh.

justincredible
03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow, I start a thread to sell things and get nothing but people knocking my prices and advertising because I forgot a comma. Um, did I do something wrong or am I finally right thinking everyone is out to get me?

Khariz
03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow, I start a thread to sell things and get nothing but people knocking my prices and advertising because I forgot a comma. Um, did I do something wrong or am I finally right thinking everyone is out to get me?

Don't worry. They did this to me the first 2,000 times I tried to sell something here too. It's just this board.

Gan
03-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Consider it the price for advertising here. ;)

diethx
03-03-2008, 10:11 PM

I'm assuming you didn't mean me (since I didn't knock your prices and I dunno what comma you speak of), but if you did, wtf are you talking about?

Drew
03-04-2008, 01:06 AM
On this board we're allowed to mention when we think things are overpriced. If you don't like it you can not advertise here. I only advertise on here and not on the officials, for what it's worth.

justincredible
03-04-2008, 02:56 AM
I don't know why I am even continuing this but...

The "people knocking my prices" was in response to the couple comments on prices and, in retrospect, was a poor choice of words and came across more harsh than intended. I like when people share what they think the current state of the market is as the more info I get on how people feel about prices the more accurate I can be in my pricing. I was just wondering why the items I am selling now sparked the...interest.

The second part about missing a comma was directed at the comment about "a shimmering rainbow cloak (old "illegal" alter)" In the interest of clearing my good name the phrase was intended to convey that they item was:

a. old, from my experience any item which has not been available in 5 or so years.

b. "illegal" alter, illegal being in quotation marks to denote the ephemeral nature of the term as it relates to alteration work in GS. I could have been more clear, as I tried and failed with the dhe'nar robes, by explaining that shimmering, although technically against policy:

ALTER 12: Magical Properties

Items can't be made to glow, pulsate, vibrate, shake, rattle, squirm, giggle, shimmer, or emanate, unless there's a really good reason for such, based in the item's actual qualities. A non-scripted item does not move of its own accord. A non-magic item could not glow. It might glitter or scintillate if it's encrusted with gems, but it won't cast any light of its own.

is possible to get given the right circumstances, i.e. the shimmering black stalking cloaks sold at the recent EG. But since I didn't feel like giving a dissertation on the finer points of merchanting and I felt my meaning would be understood by those with enough GS savvy, sophistication and knowledge to access these and the officials I kinda glossed over it.

Not an attack nor defense but merely good clear conversation (and free bumps!!) Now buy my stuff so I can buy more stuff and we can talk about how best to sell that!!

diethx
03-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Or you could've just said, it's an old, discontinued clothier's item that has a description no longer able to be made.

When you call something an "illegal alter", the message you're conveying is that the item in question is an alteration, which means it's unique. Those cloaks are far from unique, and for years were sold off the rack. While your intentions were not to rip anyone off, you worded that so poorly that you were really describing the item in a misleading manner.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. You can't however expect people who weren't playing when those cloaks were available to be able to read your mind and know what you really mean by your lousy wording. So, I pointed it out for their benefit. ;)

Nieninque
03-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Or you could've just said, it's an old, discontinued clothier's item that has a description no longer able to be made.

Of he could have done what everyone else does in the circumstances, and called it an illegal alter.

diethx
03-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Of he could have done what everyone else does in the circumstances, and called it an illegal alter.

So everyone, at least in your mind, misrepresents off the rack items as alterations even when knowing they aren't alterations? Good to know, i'll be sure not to buy any alters you have for sale ;)

justincredible
03-08-2008, 08:59 PM
bump

justincredible
03-11-2008, 06:23 PM
update/price drop/bump