PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva appreciation post

Apathy
03-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Yeah. He's fucking amazing. Discuss.

Fallen
03-02-2008, 01:34 AM
No one is going to beat him for a long...long time.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-02-2008, 01:37 AM
I will personally guarantee he has the strongest legs pound for pound of any being on the planet. They're freaking straws!

Sean
03-02-2008, 01:46 AM
I'm not a UFC fan but the fights were on at the bar and the Silva fight was def. one of the more exciting fights. After round 1 it looked like he might not win but he dominated the second.

Mistomeer
03-02-2008, 09:31 AM
I still think Hendo is the only person that has a chance of beating him. I'd like to see a rematch.

Soulpieced
03-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Silva is a fantastic fighter. I want to see my boy Kimbo get to fight in the UFC once he learns more about the sport. It's also unfortunate that the best heavyweight in the world doesn't do UFC either (Fedor).

LMingrone
03-02-2008, 09:36 AM
He reminds me of St. Pierre (SP?). They should knee and kick each other in the face. I'd enjoy it.

Fallen
03-02-2008, 10:14 AM
GSP is up a weight class, but my friend and I were just discussing one of them going up/down to fight the other. I think GSP would have an easier time of the change. I would pay lots of money to see that fight.

I heard rumors to the effect Kimbo will be a part of an MMA show on prime time television. He is just a brawler. Any skilled MMAer will beat him like Mir beat Lesner.

Soulpieced
03-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I disagree, he's been training with Bas Rutten for the past year. I can't imagine Bas would take on anyone who he didn't think had a chance to put his reputation at risk.

Xandalf
03-02-2008, 11:50 AM
People who think 'Kimbo' is a skilled fighter make me laugh.

Stunseed
03-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I think Kimbo needs alot of training. Lesnar's been training for a couple years and still got schooled on a fundamental submission attack.

Also, Silva is definately impressive. It's going to take someone a genius of a gameplan to take him down, seriously.

Fallen
03-02-2008, 01:06 PM
WHY did they put Lesnar against one of the best submission wrestlers in that weightclass? That was a horrible move. He should have fought Kongo or some other moronic brawler.

Atleast now they are giving him some old guy to beat the shit out of in 5 months.

Stunseed
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Honestly? They figured Lesnar had better training. Kimbo has 0% of that illusion. He was made to simply beat someone's ass, which is why they gave him Tank Abbott.

Plus, it's all about popularity and what makes money. Kimbo/Abbott has been a huge push for a while now.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Lesnar kicked the crap out of Mir, and should've won that fight. The fact that officiating bias saved Mir's ass speaks for itself. Either way, Kimbo is seemingly invincible, and hits like he has a pair of greyhounds sticking out from his shoulders. He also has an insanely high advantage in submissions like a kimura, or applying a key lock from below, due to his fundamental leverage training.

All in all, I still seeing Lesnar as going much further in MMA. He pretty much won his first fight against legitimate competition, and at this rate, Kimbo never will even face legitimate competition. Roy Mercer? Tank who? Come on... Next: KIMBO VS. BUTTERBEAN!

Fallen
03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Officiating bias? Lesnar tapped out.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Mir dropped his hands, turned his head, and quit defending himself. That, by definition, is the end of the fight. The referee didn't stop the fight, and Lesnar clocked him in the back of the head, as Mir turned his face to the mat. Had the referee done his job, Lesnar would still be the most overhyped MMA fighter in the industry. Then again, as it stands, Lesnar proved he isn't a dink, by taking the loss like a man and moving on. He dominated Mir, made a rookie mistake, and left it in the ring. Kudos.

Edit: ...and don't start pretending you don't know UFC refs will let their UFC guys ride out a bit of a rough spot when they would've otherwise hopped in and ripped the fighters apart.

Fallen
03-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Edit: ...and don't start pretending you don't know UFC refs will let their UFC guys ride out a bit of a rough spot when they would've otherwise hopped in and ripped the fighters apart.>>

I will agree I have seen some pretty shitty reffing in UFC matches.

Stunseed
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
No shit....WEC championship just changed due to it, too.