PDA

View Full Version : Needed to Rename?

Sweets
02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Of all the names that needed to be removed from the game, they pick Despanal. I had to rename my character Despanal.

***Please do not use the names of objects or creatures in your name. This may cause confusion when you or other players attempt to manipulate those objects. For instance, if your name is Trollsbane and another player tries to attack a troll, they will probably hit you instead.***

Have you ever tried to get a zircon out of your backpack/cloak in Icemule? I just say some guy named Eyes1 go by.

WTF?

g++
02-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Eyes1 gets to keep his name because he was rolled before there were rules on names, before aol even.

Sylvan Dreams
02-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Eyes1 and Waldo2 are the only two characters (that I know of) that still have numbers in their name. They were grandfathered in.

I'm not sure why people always think that these are new names.

Kitsun
02-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Probably because they aren't around all the time. I can probably count on two hands the number of times I've actually seen Eyes1 ingame.

diethx
02-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Probably because they aren't around all the time. I can probably count on two hands the number of times I've actually seen Eyes1 ingame.

noob

Stanley Burrell
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Look at Red XIII from FFVII! He was the man and had quasi-numerical digits in his name.

I haven't seen Waldo2 for ages, tho.

Merala
02-29-2008, 02:41 AM
I don't get it. What's wrong with his name? Other than the last four letters spell anal anyway. Or is that the problem?

Of all the names that needed to be removed from the game, they pick Despanal. I had to rename my character Despanal.

***Please do not use the names of objects or creatures in your name. This may cause confusion when you or other players attempt to manipulate those objects. For instance, if your name is Trollsbane and another player tries to attack a troll, they will probably hit you instead.***

Have you ever tried to get a zircon out of your backpack/cloak in Icemule? I just say some guy named Eyes1 go by.

WTF?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
02-29-2008, 02:43 AM
This is "hella" lame. I know four different young women named Ruby, so why someone named after another gem is off limits would be beyond me. The number thing doesn't really matter to me, considering that any time I played, my character never knew someone else had a number in their name, unless they told him... at which point I'd slap them and run like a noob. (or not)

Stanley Burrell
02-29-2008, 02:53 AM
This is "hella" lame. I know four different young women named Ruby, so why someone named after another gem is off limits would be beyond me.

I know like 3 Jades, 2 Rubys and 4 Rhodochrosite Stones. 'Cuz I is from the ghetto.

thefarmer
02-29-2008, 04:08 AM
This is "hella" lame. I know four different young women named Ruby, so why someone named after another gem is off limits would be beyond me. The number thing doesn't really matter to me, considering that any time I played, my character never knew someone else had a number in their name, unless they told him... at which point I'd slap them and run like a noob. (or not)

They aren't named JUST ruby though.

Methais
02-29-2008, 04:34 AM
Change your name to Despannal.

Sweets
02-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Okay, so Eyes1 was a bad example. It's funny. If I put something cute on the end of Despanal like tears or something like that, it would be perfectly fine.

Mistomeer
02-29-2008, 08:48 AM
If Lulz doesn't have to rename, then no one should have to rename.

Every time he dies, someone should say "Lulz is dead. Epic fail." on the net.

Kitsun
02-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't get it. What's wrong with his name? Other than the last four letters spell anal anyway. Or is that the problem?

A scarlet despanal is a kind of uncommon gem in the Ta'Illistim area.

TheEschaton
02-29-2008, 08:51 PM
The problem is there is absolutely no difference between the names. If you're in the room and there's a scarlet despanal on the ground, there's potential for someone trying to pick up the gem to constantly trying to get you, which I believe involves some pulling motion.

RichardCranium
02-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Maybe I'm just super nerdy but I immediately thought of Despana from the Age of Chaos in the history of Elanthia. Maybe that's why they wanted you to change it.

Khariz
02-29-2008, 09:21 PM

WTF?

Maybe, Richard, but I dunno.

RichardCranium
02-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Doh. Nevermind then, I'm just that nerdy.

Kitsun
03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Maybe I'm just super nerdy but I immediately thought of Despana from the Age of Chaos in the history of Elanthia. Maybe that's why they wanted you to change it.

Despanals have their names originating from Despana from the Age of Chaos. The gem lore says something about them being created from being exposed to high amounts of magic.

Methais
03-01-2008, 04:06 AM
The problem is there is absolutely no difference between the names. If you're in the room and there's a scarlet despanal on the ground, there's potential for someone trying to pick up the gem to constantly trying to get you, which I believe involves some pulling motion.

They could type GET SCARLET DESPANAL.

Sweets
03-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Or use stormfront and click on it. I really liked that name and the lore of the gem. ( sigh)

Latrinsorm
03-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Saying what people could and couldn't do is irrelevant. This is blackletter policy.