PDA

View Full Version : Two Weapon Combat with two different weapons?

Str8JcktSerenade
02-27-2008, 10:51 AM
So, with the new society forming, i decided to start up a warrior. One quick question though...if I train in OHE & OHB equally, and TWC, can i swing both a sword an a mace at the same time effectively?

Asha
02-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah. I think Dredroberts did that in the rift and Pwned with a blunt and a blade coraesine.

Celephais
02-27-2008, 11:13 AM
You need to train the skill of the primary hand weapon (so edged if it's a blade) and then TWC for the second hand weapon, so you wouldn't need ANY blunt weapon skill to use a blunt weapon in the offhand.

Str8JcktSerenade
02-27-2008, 11:16 AM
You need to train the skill of the primary hand weapon (so edged if it's a blade) and then TWC for the second hand weapon, so you wouldn't need ANY blunt weapon skill to use a blunt weapon in the offhand.

Awesome...but if i did train both anyway, would it make much difference?

Celephais
02-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Awesome...but if i did train both anyway, would it make much difference?
You would see no benefit short of REDUX improvements... I guess you could then SWAP at any time to switch which weapon is in your primary hand.

Bobmuhthol
02-27-2008, 11:17 AM
It wouldn't make any difference. The only thing is that you'd be able to use either an edged weapon or a blunt weapon in your main hand.

BigWorm
02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
You would see no benefit short of REDUX improvements... I guess you could then SWAP at any time to switch which weapon is in your primary hand.

This would be bad unless both weapons are the same weight, because if a heavier weapon is in the off hand, you get a significant penalty.

Since blunts tend to be heavier than edged weapons (and there's no bunt main gauche), if you really want to do this, I'd recommend training OHB and TWC if you're only going to do one weapon style.

Latrinsorm
02-27-2008, 03:16 PM
You need both TWC and the weapon skill for the offhand AS. It's something like 3/5ths TWC and 2/5ths weapon.

BigWorm
02-27-2008, 03:32 PM
You need both TWC and the weapon skill for the offhand AS. It's something like 3/5ths TWC and 2/5ths weapon.

That's what I thought. I know is GS3 you could get by without training in the weapon style of your off hand, but I thought I had seen a formula like this before.

Str8JcktSerenade
02-27-2008, 08:38 PM
As of now, i'm triple-training ohe, ohb, and twc, and so far i'm swinging the same either way i swap...so i'll probably keep that up for a while...

Side question though...what do you suggest for good starting CMAN skills?...cuz everything just looks so tasty, but i'd rather start with stuff i'd actually use...got 6 points burnin a hole in my pocket

Durgrimst
02-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Combat Mobility, and Parry Mastery will be a huge help

Stanley Burrell
02-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Pmastery over mobility hands down, though.

BigWorm
02-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Pmastery over mobility hands down, though.

Seriously? I'm a rogue, so I can't learn Pmastery, but I have have mobility save my ass a bunch of times. The fact that it kicks in BEFORE the AS/DS calc happens makes it really powerful IMHO.

Also, rogues should have dodge mastery.