PDA

View Full Version : Sunfist Society persistent group

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 03:25 AM
Ok, so it has not seriously started yet. But we are planning on starting some new characters, raising them to level 3 and then going to join the new Sunfist society. A semi persistent group hopefully lasting until we master the society, and possibly beyond? Depends on how things go.

Open to all suggestions and whatnot.

If you want to join up, just sign up here, with what you will be playing, the name of the character. The times you would be available to play in this group. Make sure to put your time zone, or use the game elven time.

Some professional overlap is fine I think, but it would be nice to flesh out the group with everything we might need. A wizard, a picker etc.

Rogue - Bothra (Burglebub)
Bard - littlecake (Tuio)
Ranger - Celephais (Cloqued)
Sorcerer - Izzy
Empath - Me (Navarro)
Wizard - Vaemyr (Kryllix)
Sorcerer - B4Hand (Liandri)
Warrior - jkayati (Elotte)
Paladin - wood1559 (Shephard)
Rogue - LeDru (Thidis)

something? - Uryens
Farn?

Anyone else is welcome too! The more the merrier.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 03:44 AM
Don't forget deeds...

Bothra
02-27-2008, 04:11 AM
Got my rogue up to level 3. His name is Burglebub and he's a halfling rogue. TWC daggers, ambushing. Wandering around Solhaven right now. I'll play him a bit more but I think we should try not to go to far above level 5, as an arbitrary limit while we form this group.

Vaemyr
02-27-2008, 04:35 AM
I've been meaning to rollup a fresh wizard, and this sounds like fun, I'll figure out a name.... Kryllix

I can only really play at night, kinda a night owl, or on weekends.

Bothra
02-27-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm most familiar with Solhaven, Landing, Icemule, but I'm flexible.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 04:46 AM
You found a name quick.

I got my empath to 3, and am heading to Vaalor via travel token and then scripting back to Logoth to try and join. Forgot to look for a recruiter in the landing so hopefully there is one in Vaalor or Logoth. And hopefully level 3 works. Anyone tried this low?

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 04:49 AM
Dunno on location. We might move around some? A lot of this is going to be finding camps I think. And that may mean we don't stay in one city so much as move between them.

But we can vote for a 'home town of choice' or something.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 04:49 AM
Bothra you the one I heard asking about a lost katana earlier? You ever find it?

Drew
02-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Can my cleric Buckfutter join?

Durgrimst
02-27-2008, 05:08 AM
I really hope that is the real name, and if it is, that is hilarious. How many trains?

Durgrimst
02-27-2008, 05:08 AM
I guess we posted at the same time...

Bothra
02-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Yeah, that was me asking about my katana. I had just transferred it to Burglebub and forgot I put it in his standard issue felt pack before I dropped it on the ground at thraks innn. Yes I was littering. I Realized it within about 5 minutes, but by then it was gone.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 05:29 AM
I don't have any lances. And I cannot find out where the grandmaster is to join up.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 05:37 AM
Ah found it finally.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 05:40 AM
jeez what level was it?

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 05:44 AM
These are the only outposts so far right? The ones in the announcement?

Wehnimer's Landing (Lower Dragonsclaw)
Icemule Trace (due south from outside the East Gate)
Solhaven (the Outlands)
River's Rest (Grassland Path)
Ta'Illistim (Sylvarraend, Foehn Var)
Ta'Vaalor (Fearling Pass)
Teras Isle (Basalt Flats)

Anyone have more specific directions to all of these?

Vaemyr
02-27-2008, 05:45 AM
only ones I know of yeah, I only know the location of the landing and zul ones though

Vaemyr
02-27-2008, 06:35 AM
was reading up a bit, and noticed this...

The Grandmaster puts his hand on your shoulder, looks you straight in the eyes, and says, "So, you believe that you are ready to graduate from Initiate to Apprentice status? I have indeed heard good things about you and I might be willing to grant your request. Before I do, I would like for you to learn more about how our struggle is progressing against the Grimswarm. Visit my superintendents in Zul Logoth, Ta'Illistim, Ta'Vaalor, Wehnimer's Landing, Icemule Trace, Solhaven, Kharam-Dzu, and River's Rest. ASK them about the GRIMSWARM. Once you have met with each superintendent, return to me.

For one of the tasks basically going from rank 5-6 which kinda uhhh yeah... sucks, since you cant goto teras before 20, so unless thats changed we either all gotta level to 20 then do this or yeah, any ideas hehe?

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't think that its lvl 20 limited. It used to be fame more then level I think.

Even so, you can probably go there with the new chronomages at the least maybe.

jkayati
02-27-2008, 09:34 AM
I'd like to get in on this group. I've been toying around with an idea for a forest gnome warrior anyway.

East coast time, available evenings and weekends. Late hours not usually a problem.

When and where would be meet first?

CrystalTears
02-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I wish I had the time and character slot to do this because it sounds like a great idea.

Uryens
02-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Ive got a few low level characters I started and never really got into, maybe this could be a chance to start playing one of them What other Professions do we need now? I am EST so I am usually on every evening and weekend.

I suck at making new characters, but I have a level 4 half-elf ambushing rogue, Level 4 Elf Ranger, and a level 3 dark-elf sorc

Someone who knows a lot about characters might wanna look at the stats and skills I have and see if they are suitable for the professions I have chosen.

Celephais
02-27-2008, 10:42 AM
I didn't get to roll him up last night (was too busy explorering the society with another character), but I will reroll my ranger tonight.

Cloqued, Ranger; >5:30 EST wkdays (>9ish wednesday), anytime (non-commital) weekends.

We need an appropriate name for our group; Something like... Templars of Sunfist.

Fallen
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Very cool idea, guys. Good luck.

Fallen
02-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Also, you guys should consider making this group do both bounty tasks AND the sunfist society. Would help to fill out your hunting options a bit. Bounty tasks are always more fun with people of the same level with like tasks.

B4Hand
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM
I've got a couple charaters that may be useful to this group as well. Though I'm not a mechanics expert, and may need to do some tweaking, I've a cleric, a sorceress, and a ranger all lvl 3-5ish. This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm normally around later in the evenings during the week, weekends are a hit and miss, just depends on what is going on. I'm on Central time. Let me know which profession might fit in the group best, and I'll work at making them a bit more viable.

Bothra
02-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, Templars of Sunfist, that has a nice ring to it.

I still have to get Burglebub into the sunfist but I plan to do that tonight. We should get this thing kicked off once a bunch of us are joined. Look for me in Zul Logoth this evening around 8 ET.

B4Hand
02-27-2008, 05:40 PM
I'll try to get Liandri to Zul this evening, then.
She's a lvl 5 Sorceress.

Celephais
02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Be real careful.. the swamp on the way from the landing poisons you... you can expect 40 points of poison damage if you don't do anything to prevent it. (as you run through some hard RT). If you can get ahold of a haste imbed it will help tremendously.

B4Hand
02-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Can't she travel by chronomges?

Sean
02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Be real careful.. the swamp on the way from the landing poisons you... you can expect 40 points of poison damage if you don't do anything to prevent it. (as you run through some hard RT). If you can get ahold of a haste imbed it will help tremendously.

Or you could put on boots.

Celephais
02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Can't she travel by chronomges?
Hmmm, I don't know of a reason why not. I thought it was rather expensive (at least for a noob, I guess as a twink that's not a problem though).

TheEschaton
02-27-2008, 06:04 PM
yeah, just buy some boots, n00b.

Stanley Burrell
02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
A pair of bootleg Tims freshly pickpocketed from the downtown cobblery still baring the bead-hooked price tag.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Seems Zul Logoth might be the best place to meet up at this point. My first task was on the trail from Landing to Zul logoth at level three. I would assume others could get the same task.

Let us know if anyone needs help getting there.

And if you haven't responded to this thread but still want to join up, just try and meet us there. Don't worry about what profession you are, just pick one you like and come along. I am sure at some point we will get most of our bases covered.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I am in the landing right now with Navarro getting deeds.

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Or I was... did gemstone fucking drop off again

Stanley Burrell
02-27-2008, 09:34 PM
lol brielus hax0red gs going 2 noobster in2 time wwrap lol brielus

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Stay out of my thread with the lol brielus shit, mkay?

Who all is actually in Zul logoth now? How many have joined up?

Celephais
02-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Finally got around to rerolling my character... wednesdays are bad nights for me; hopefully this weekend I can keep up w/ people.

Is "meeting" in zul a good idea? when I was there w/ my lvl 10 it told me to fight in the lvl 17 caverns, which is the lowest level zul zone... I think the landing or Solhaven or Ta's would be better.

I have no real preference (granted I know the landing the best).

AestheticDeath
02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Personally I am trying to hold off doing anything till I have some sort of group together...

Still sitting at lvl 3 just joined, but haven't done anything.

Celephais
02-27-2008, 11:33 PM
I can start some minor enchanting projects if people need me to.. wouldn't mind "cost of potions" but if not that's fine. Let me know if you're in the group and need some 4x or less gear made.

Vaemyr
02-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm heading to zul now, to join, if anyones around and wants to do somethin tongiht.

AestheticDeath
02-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Tuio and I are around Zul, fixing to go do a task. How far away are you Vaemyr/Kryllix?

AestheticDeath
02-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Alright, Tuio and I completed our first task. We saw you run right by us Krylix, but you were never on the amunet for us to try talking to you.

I think we are heading to the landing to try some things there at that outpost. Anyone who has already joined Sunfist come find us in the Landing.

Vaemyr
02-28-2008, 03:19 AM
sorry yeah I'm around the landing at the moment about to head out to do my first task, heh I've been trying to equip the guy out so he can actually kill stuff. and I just got like level 5 like 2 seconds ago heh.

Drew
02-28-2008, 04:16 AM
Buckfutter got LCI'd :(

jkayati
02-28-2008, 06:20 AM
So, it sounds like we're starting in the Landing?

I can't make it tonight, most likely, so is anyone free Friday night or anytime Saturday?

On the way to Zul to join, then I'll get to the Landing unless I hear otherwise.

Look for Elotte

Celephais
02-28-2008, 07:16 AM
I'd love a 2x lance and some 2x double leather I can pay for the potions.
I can't find a lance in town to start the project... but I've begun your double leather...

Bothra
02-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I had a little more trouble last night getting to Zul Logoth than I expected. And then when I almost made it GS glitched and left me hanging. I gave up after that.

I agree that the landing is a good place to start. I Should be able to get back there tonight, hopefully.

Sean of the Thread
02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Can't believe that for a brief moment this sounded like a fun idea. Then I remembered it's GS.

Sean
02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Celephais
I'd love a 2x lance and some 2x double leather I can pay for the potions.

Goto the clearing that's north of the North Gate.

Fallen
02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
You guys should put in for MHO status. Or did you already?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I should put myself in for MHO status. Waysides Table Brigade. We never leave the landing and everything is optional.

wood1559
02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd like to join you. I will roll up a Paladin tonight.
I'm available most nights, usually later. I'm on central time.
I don't know how quickly I can get to level 3, but I'll try.
Who should I look for?

AestheticDeath
02-28-2008, 04:33 PM
I have tried to keep the names of everyone in the group in the first post. If your name isn't there, make sure and let us know.

We have yet to actually form the group with everyone just rolling up their characters and trying to get joined and what not.

Celephais
02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
I imagine this first week or so will be a bit chaotic at best... until we can settle into a bit of organization/consistency. I think one of the bigger blocks right now will be just getting people to zul and back... it feels like such a waste to drop 100k-200k on a port.

It turns out your sprite guide will stay with you when your lvl 3 until you log out... and the sprite has an ability to "teleport you back to the start"... anyone know if this works from zul back to whatever town your from? (I messed up and accidently booted myself offline before I could test this)

AestheticDeath
02-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I used a gold ring to get to the ferry. And scripted the rest of the way. I had no problems getting ambushed since the script moves fairly fast. Even walking around doing my first task, Tuio and I were able to run past Grimsworn that spawned on us that were too high, or things that were left behind. All at level 3, and though I had a decent spellup, it didn't come into play unless I stopped to play with the Grim.

Celephais
02-28-2008, 05:20 PM
OOooh, a gold ring, that's a good idea... yeah I had no problems not getting hit... it's that fucking swamp. (Actually what got me w/ my lvl 10 was some titled guy afking right by that boulder where you need to have empty hands... bunch of creatures in the room, empty handed, in RT and lvl 10 = dead).

AestheticDeath
02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah the swamp can slow you down enough for the boars and the occasional Grimsworn spawn, and afk characters can be a hazard as well.

Celephais
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Next time I'm bringing a second gold ring with me... but great advice on getting past the vipers, worked like a charm. I did get some bad RT alone w/ a boar... he rolled a 34 or something for a total 101, so I got by by the hair of my balls (if I had rolled up a dwarf, that might be some reasonable leeway, but as an elf, that's not much).

I should be in the society shortly, then heading back to the landing.

wood1559
02-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Okay. I've rolled up my giant Paladin.
Name's Shephard, he's in the Landing.
I look for you tonight.

Celephais
02-29-2008, 10:39 AM
We had a pretty successful series of hunts last night. Navarro, Tuio, and I (Cloqued) hunted for a few hours and it was an absolute blast; this society is great for encouraging teamwork. It reminds me a bit of what voln used to be like back in AOL days.

After we stopped, I came back from AFK at a table (F'n gemstone, it's stupid that I have to afk at a table to "absorb" what I had experienced) just to train and log off; when Burglebub showed up, so I took him for a quick tour of the society and we did a task together, had a ton of fun there too.

Tonight I likely won't be on, but looking forward to doing some more work with the rest of you soon!

I have just turned lvl 5, and last I knew Tuio was lvl 5, Navarro 4, and Burglebub 4, Tuio and I were rank 3, Navarro was just shy of 3, and Burgle was rank 1 (but I can't imagine he logged off last night without having gotten 2).

Fallen
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Congrats on pulling off a successful group as so far. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Bothra
02-29-2008, 11:19 AM
It was fun, thanks for showing me around the landing society. And youa re right, I couldn't log off last night till I got my next rank. I'm up to rank 2 now and my current task is to find a grimswarm banner out of a warcamp chest. I'm not sure how to go about doing this so maybe we can work together on it tonight.

Celephais
02-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Tasks can be abandoned and reaquired like AG tasks, if you have a big group of people you can all get tasks, decide on the best one, everyone abandon except the best, and get added to the best. At our level getting to warcamps kinda sucks (at least the ones around the landing are in higher (than us) level areas).

The best one we did was the "kill x grimswarm in y location" ... because we could wipe out the large groups that spawn so quickly. After that we found that the Gnoll cave "Kill x of grimswarm allies" was awesome.

jkayati
02-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Anyone planning on being around this evening?

LeDru
02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
halfling rogue Thidis of 7 trains will be around hope that's not too big. He's in the landing and would love the help with Sunfist.

Makkah
02-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Level 28 warrior very willing to group up in the Landing. IM at Makkah R.

AestheticDeath
03-01-2008, 03:50 AM
Where is the Vornavian Coast?

Grimaldus
03-01-2008, 12:36 PM
If I try to help someone significantly lower level than me when they open a camp, are the Grimswarm going to spawn at my level and tear my friend a new one?

Fallen
03-01-2008, 06:01 PM
They will spawn at a mix of your level and his, so yeah, unless you can disable everything and keep it that way, he will be boned.

Some Rogue
03-01-2008, 10:05 PM
So basically, at least in Vaalor right now, anyone sub 50 should just stay out of the camps. Level 60 and up are going in all the camps and making it impossible for anyone lower to do anything.

Bothra
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
So Navarro, Tuio and I were able to group last night, find and raze a warcamp. Tuio and I also found and razed one before that as well. It was the most fun I've had playing GS in a while. We should definitely try to get more of you guys out there. Both Tuio and I are ready to be promoted to rank 5 which means we need to head back to Zul Logoth. I don't mind waiting till everyone is caught up and ready to travel with us back there. Anyone else been working on Sunfist tasks? We are looking for more low level characters to join in. Anything below 10 trains should make a good group.

AestheticDeath
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Gotta small group going on right now. Shephard, Cloqued, Tuio, Burglebub and I are all out and about if anyone wants to come join us.

diethx
03-04-2008, 01:08 AM
OK I found a warcamp and was kicking ass by myself then this bullshit happens.

A Grimswarm troll dissembler gestures at you!
CS: +62 - TD: +49 + CvA: +17 + d100: +97 - -5 == +132
Warding failed!
Target staggers in pain.
... 20 points of damage!
Rib bones snap and protrude from your chest.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
You become solid again.
You sense that your attunement to the minds of others has ceased.
A faint silvery glow fades from around you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
You feel your extra strength departing.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
A Grimswarm troll dissembler bellows in victory, holding his ball and chain aloft!

:wtf:

Err, what makes that bullshit? That you got hit with a cast of MD? I'm not being a smart ass, i'm genuinely asking.

diethx
03-04-2008, 02:00 AM
I forgot MD does hidden damage thought it was a death crit.

MD cause a death crit? What is this, 1999?

(but seriously, ahh, gotcha :))

The Ponzzz
03-04-2008, 02:09 AM
How you guys doing at the lower levels still?

I got Dhask (who is 75) to rank 10 tonight, goal is 11 before bed, but I have my doubts. Mainly do everything solo because I play Plat. It's rough at higher levels by yourself.

RAZE'd 15 camps though! Whoooo...

The Ponzzz
03-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Yea, Dhask is a rogue who is a mutant. I have 410, but they finally got their work around for that. That being combat mobility at rank 2. I have a few high end items I use, such as the mushroom that creates spores 3x a day that are like brimstone. Those are my troll bombs.

Some Rogue
03-04-2008, 09:11 AM
My level 12 warrior finally finished his world tour last night and got rank 5. I still keep trading tasks until I get a warparty or kill x number of local critters.

All the capped or high level characters running around Vaalor are making it very rough for the lower level people there to do anything. Swarms of capped Grimswarm on the main roads, camps full of high level grimswarm...

Celephais
03-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Littlecake, I have your double leather ready I can give you tonight.

I'm still rank 4, getting close to 5, and about to turn lvl 6. I've razed one camp.

I'm working on CMovement right now as the Prereq to Side-By-Side... which from my understanding would be nasty in a large group, especially if a few of us get it.

wood1559
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I got killed on the way to Zul last night.
I'm going to try again tonight, with more spells.

Bothra
03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
SO when you say it would be nasty if a few of us got side by side, is this because it stacks? I went all out with coup de grace for now but can change since I'm still in my first 30 days. I used it a bit last night with Tuio and it worked nicely, when I hit, which was about 1/8 attempts. Any suggestions on Cmans for a rogue in this type of group?

Celephais
03-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I got killed on the way to Zul last night.
I'm going to try again tonight, with more spells.
Hmm, if this continues to be an issue I could probably escort you with a higher level wizard (IE familiar gate hoping).

SO when you say it would be nasty if a few of us got side by side, is this because it stacks? I went all out with coup de grace for now but can change since I'm still in my first 30 days. I used it a bit last night with Tuio and it worked nicely, when I hit, which was about 1/8 attempts. Any suggestions on Cmans for a rogue in this type of group?
I'm not sure of any real SideBySide research, but Stunseed provided some interesting numbers... I can't seem to find the post but he said he was getting +10 AS/DS at something like 3 ranks, grouped with Jolena at 5 ranks and she was getting +15 AS/DS (might be getting them confused).

Then another person with no sidebyside joined them and they both got an additional +1 AS/DS.

The cman is great if you know you're going to be in groups a lot... passive AS and DS bonus.

Stunseed
03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Jolena is mastered and with Stunseed gets 15 AS/DS.
Stunseed has rank 4 and with Jolena gets 12 AS/DS.
Jaysehn is mastered and while in the group ups everyone by 3.
Keyvon, my wizard has 0 ranks of CM and while in the group everyone gets 1.

AestheticDeath
03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
So you have to have ranks to get real benefit. Otherwise its just a few points. Though... If one person in a group of 10 had it, would everyone get like +10?

Stunseed
03-04-2008, 02:37 PM
In the situation, Keyvon gets 0 bonus due to lack of training.

People in the Fury get this skill and it really shows while they drill. It's been years since I went with them, so I can't give you #'s.

Bothra
03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
So for now, considering the limited ranks of CM I'll have at low levels I'm investing in Coup De Grace. If I can get any good at using it I think it's potentially very powerful for warcamp raiding. It will probably take some practice but even the few times I used it last night that it hit was pretty sweet.

Any suggestions on what other Cmans to work on for this type of group hunting? I intend to strictly specialize in group hunting and haven't quite figured out the best way to utilize the rogue. Open to suggestions...

Celephais
03-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I was considering feign, because the warcamp I went to had a caster that turtled, and he was just being a pain in the ass (granted it was a melee group); but I really don't see that paying off as much...

I agree right now near impossible to get the pre-req and any decent side-by-side, but it's one we should consider for midlevels.

If you're an archer I bet MFire is sweet for these swarms.

Some Rogue
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I've heard MFire pretty much blows in all situations heh.

Celephais
03-04-2008, 03:29 PM
I've heard MFire pretty much blows in all situations heh.
I was under that impression too, but I'm curious if consistently hunting swarms would change that.

Especially considering the fact that all you need to do is tag a monster to get credit; MFire could get you credit quickly. :shrug:

jkayati
03-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I've not had a chance to met up with anyone in the group yet. Is there a chance we can set some days and times to try and meet?

BTW, Elotte has two ranks of Side by Side at level 5, so he's really looking for a group.

Fallen
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
This skill would be awesome if all classes could train in it.

Bothra
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
The ability to focus on group combat greatly opens up possible build combos.

Anyone know if coup de grace will work if the enemy is not stunned but in a hard RT from say, Pain infliction 711?

I've not had a chance to met up with anyone in the group yet. Is there a chance we can set some days and times to try and meet?

BTW, Elotte has two ranks of Side by Side at level 5, so he's really looking for a group.

Seems that at least one of us has been around working on sunfist between 7 PM ET and 4 am ET. Just look for one of us.

Is there anyone out there who wants to join in that AD hasn't listed on the first page of this thread?

Celephais
03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Any of you guys on/around now?

jkayati
03-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Elotte is in the small park

AestheticDeath
03-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I am normally on around the time you are looking (right now) but I became disenchanted with the Sunfist thing. Wanted a healer so I could help the others, but starting at 3, I can barely take others wounds, and once I do, Im just in the same boat they were, since I can't heal down my own wounds yet. And the empath this low is relatively weak compared to ANY other character that has been in the group.

Honestly thinking of using a different profession if I keep going.

Bothra
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
That's too bad, I think having an empath would be very useful in the group. By 10-15 trains they can do some decent healing, no? That's not that far away with the gift of lumnis. Just train him for combat and fight alongside us and use your fixskills in may before we get our next round. That should make the grind from 3-15 not all that bad.

Celephais
03-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I think you're thrown off by the fact that a Min/Maxed melee class at low level has a much higher AS than a low level empath due to 1x edge vs 2x edge...

With the fact that you only need to hit a creature (and how well you were at hitting turtled creatures w/ "harm"), and the rest of us could finish it off. As you get your defining spells, and the mana to use them, I think you'll find you can do even more damage than the melees can.

Anyway it's always tough gauging characters in early levels.

FinisWolf
03-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Looks like all of you are in wehnimers.

I stowed my guy down in Vaalor, so if any want to group up there let me know.

My warrior (Jcee) just made level 13, and rank 4 in the society.

Finis

Some Rogue
03-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Looks like all of you are in wehnimers.

I stowed my guy down in Vaalor, so if any want to group up there let me know.

My warrior (Jcee) just made level 13, and rank 4 in the society.

Finis

My warrior is there as well. He's level 12 and almost rank 6. I think I've seen you running around there. I'll look you up next time I am on.

FinisWolf
03-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Sounds good.

Finis

Some Rogue
03-05-2008, 07:37 PM
>raze
You gather up some loose tinder and manage to start a small fire, which you then begin to spread to as many nearby flammable objects as you can. Before long, you manage to create a rapidly growing fire!
Roundtime: 15 sec.
[You have received credit for a warcamp destruction!]
[You have earned enough recognition points to be eligible for promotion.]

Rawr...first camp razed and I found it and cleared it solo heh.

jkayati
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Got Elotte to rank 5. Anyone else at this point and want to make the journey together?

AestheticDeath
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Several others are, I am 5k away from rank 5.

Celephais
03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Sitting at rank 5 myself... will probably head there tomorrow. ... maybe very distance chance of tonight.

AestheticDeath
03-06-2008, 11:57 PM
I haven't made it to rank 5 yet.

FinisWolf
03-07-2008, 03:25 AM
My warrior has to stop at Ta'Vaalor to speak with that superintendent then he can get his promotion. I am not sure but I think I have to return to Zul to get this promotion?

Finis

andrillo
03-07-2008, 03:55 AM
i have lev 13 wizard that i amlooking to convert from col to sunfist.......work four on four off central mostly affailable at nights.......how do i join

Some Rogue
03-07-2008, 08:08 AM
My warrior has to stop at Ta'Vaalor to speak with that superintendent then he can get his promotion. I am not sure but I think I have to return to Zul to get this promotion?

Finis

If that's the rank 5 promotion, yes. You visit every superintendent in all the major towns, then go back to Zul to actually turn in the task and then you can get the promotion.

Celephais
03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah I got sidetracked last night and I'm gone all this weekend, promote w/o me if you can, otherwise I'll help do some traveling to zul moday/later in the week.

wood1559
03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Shephard made it to Zul and back, by the skin of his all-bays.
In Haven now looking for others.
Probably be on later tonight to turn in first assignment.
Can you do that in Haven? Or the Landing?
Thanks.

Blud
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Is there a group in Vaalor that could use a level 10 rogue? I was thinking about signing him up with SF.