PDA

View Full Version : Limb Disrupt and Gargoyles?

Str8JcktSerenade
02-25-2008, 11:39 AM
So, about 15 trains ago, i was unable to limb disrupt Lesser Gargoyles, and having gotten tired of them fallin on me, avoided them like the plague unless i had a sweeper with me. Now at 44, I made a run through there for shits and giggles, and found that i can blow limbs off the lessers, but not the regular ones. I'm assuming it has to do with skill training, but i can't figure out which skill controls it and what the formula might be. Any help?

stormtov
02-26-2008, 10:25 AM
well i don't know anything about the critters in general but when you say you failed to remove the limb. How did you fail? Im assuming you failed to ward them. You will need and endroll of 140 to remove a limb, lower rolls will break limbs or just cause a minor.

If you are targeting a specific limb (eg. cast critter left leg) you will need a certain amount of spell aim else you get a penalty in the form of their TD raising. If you are 2x spell aim you can target a limb on a like level critter with no penalty. Any higher level or any less spell aim and you will get a penalty.

Str8JcktSerenade
02-26-2008, 11:13 AM
the gargoyle's stone skin absorbs your magic.

Doesn't happen with the lessers though...all spells get through.

Fallen
02-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Huh. I would post on the Officials under the Hunting and Combat folder, in the Landing Hunting Grounds subfolder and ask a GM if this is working as intented. Sounds pretty odd to me.