PDA

View Full Version : Dressed Photo: Obama Responds.

Gan
02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/oa.jpg
Drudge Photo:

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe accused the Clinton campaign Monday of "shameful offensive fear-mongering" by circulating a photo as an attempted smear.

Plouffe was reacting to a banner headline on the Drudge Report saying that aides to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) had e-mailed a photo calling attention to the African roots of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).
"The photo, taken in 2006, shows the Democrat front-runner dressed as a Somali Elder, during his visit to Wajir, a rural area in northeastern Kenya," the Drudge Report said.

The Clinton campaign did not deny the charge, but did not comment further.

Plouffe said in a statement: “On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election. This is part of a disturbing pattern that led her county chairs to resign in Iowa, her campaign chairman to resign in New Hampshire, and it’s exactly the kind of divisive politics that turns away Americans of all parties and diminishes respect for America in the world," said Plouffe.

The photo created huge buzz in political circles and immediately became known as "the 'dressed' photo," reflecting the Drudge terminology.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

thefarmer
02-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Do you every post controversial things about the candidates you favor?

Parkbandit
02-25-2008, 10:45 AM
How do we know Clinton staffers circulated this photo.. and not KARL ROVE!?

Gan
02-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Do you every post controversial things about the candidates you favor?

Yep.*

I'm waiting for something juicy to pop up about McCain since he's appearing to be the one I support at this point.

The NYT piece last week was clearly transparent else I would have railed about it more. On that note, NYT missed the boat - it went after the sexual issue instead of the lobby issue.

Sucks to be them.

*Usually I get beat to the thread making event by our brother's to the left here on the PC. So I simply resign myself to participate.

thefarmer
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Yep.

I'm waiting for something juicy to pop up about McCain since he's appearing to be the one I support at this point.

The NYT piece last week was clearly transparent else I would have railed about it more. On that note, NYT missed the boat - it went after the sexual issue instead of the lobby issue.

Sucks to be them.

To be clear, it wasn't a crack or anything.

I just haven't noticed one.

Then again, to be fair, the Clinton/Obama deal has been dominating lately.

Gan
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
To be clear, it wasn't a crack or anything.

I just haven't noticed one.

Then again, to be fair, the Clinton/Obama deal has been dominating lately.

No crack perceived.

Its no secret that I'm not a loyal supporter of McCain. He's simply the choice of the RNC at this point in the game. He's not clinched my vote yet - I'm waiting for the DNC to make a selection so I can compare issue to issue to see where I fit in with my own criteria.

At this point I favor Obama over Hillary and I support McCain over Huckabee.

The worst thing for the RNC is to see Obama take the nomination. However, I personally think that would be the best thing for American Politics. I like both candidates equally on the personality scale. For voters like me its going to boil down to where we fall on the issues.

Its not a black thing.
Its not a white thing.
Its not a vajayjay thing.

Its an issues thing.
(And a trust thing)

thefarmer
02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
No crack perceived.

Its no secret that I'm not a loyal supporter of McCain. He's simply the choice of the RNC at this point in the game. He's not clinched my vote yet - I'm waiting for the DNC to make a selection so I can compare issue to issue to see where I fit in with my own criteria.

At this point I favor Obama over Hillary and I support McCain over Huckabee.

The worst thing for the RNC is to see Obama take the nomination. However, I personally think that would be the best thing for American Politics. I like both candidates equally on the personality scale. For voters like me its going to boil down to where we fall on the issues.

Its not a black thing.
Its not a white thing.
Its not a vajayjay thing.

Its an issues thing.
(And a trust thing)

Part of that trust thing, for me anyway, is an experience thing.

Both in the experiences we've had with the Clintons (as a whole) and our lack of any meaningful time with Obama

Clove
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Part of that trust thing, for me anyway, is an experience thing.

Both in the experiences we've had with the Clintons (as a whole) and our lack of any meaningful time with Obama

Unless you consider the First Lady as political experience, Hillary doesn't have much more experience than Obama. She's also a Jr. Senator and hasn't any significant legislation sponsorship.

Frankly, considering Obama's time in Illinois state senate, he comes off as MORE experienced in the legislative process than Hill, in my opinion.

thefarmer
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Unless you consider the First Lady as political experience, Hillary doesn't have much more experience than Obama. She's also a Jr. Senator and hasn't any significant legislation sponsorship.

Frankly, considering Obama's time in Illinois state senate, he comes off as MORE experienced in the legislative process than Hill, in my opinion.

You're right, however I'm not talking just elected political experience, though.

Hilary has been in the public eye, been more scrutinized, praised and nitpicked much more than Obama has by virtue of who she was married to, then on her own merits/faults.

As far as the public is concerned Obama is still the 'new kid on the block', a part he's aware of and plays up constantly.

TheEschaton
02-25-2008, 11:41 AM
The Clinton campaign did not deny the charge, but did not comment further.

Another Drudge spin. Did they even ask?

TheEschaton
02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
in fact:

“Enough,” Williams said in the statement. “If Barack Obama's campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely.

“This is nothing more than an obvious and transparent attempt to distract from the serious issues confronting our country today and to attempt to create the very divisions they claim to decry. We will not be distracted.”

oldanforgotten
02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.nysun.com/article/71744?page_no=1

There's some dirt on McCain.

As for Hillary, I think after she was boo'd publicly in the debate, she either comes up with some sort of miracle in this presumably last debate, or she's done.

Considering the areas where he is ahead in Texas, even with the close race, he will likely win significantly (10-12) more delegates than she will in Texas, and even Ohio is running closer (8-10 pts). Coupled with big potential wins in Rhose Island and Vermont, and she may in fact edge Obama in Texas, and win Ohio outright, but lose ground in the delegate race.
________
NEW MEXICO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://newmexico.dispensaries.org/)

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Another Drudge spin. Did they even ask?

LOL

Learn2read.

The above referenced article is from The Politico.

You seem to be wearing your Drudge glasses this morning.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:11 PM
LOL

Learn2read.

The above referenced article is from The Politico.

You seem to be wearing your Drudge glasses this morning.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta chalk up those wins whenever you can, huh?

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Gotta chalk up those wins whenever you can, huh?

Nah. I'll just question people who allude to vague, unsubstantiated, and unbelievable experiences in an attempt to make a point.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Oh, and D Team Unite!!!

I know it upsets you when I pick on your boy.

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM

Me responding to someone's attack on me is the same as "chalking up a win"?

Okay.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry the irony of that was over your head.

Maybe someone on your team will explain it to you.

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry you lack basic skills of comparison.

TheEschaton
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
It was a Drudge article referencing a Politico article. Same with that Washington Times story - I let you get away with it once, but not twice.

-TheE-

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:25 PM
It was a Drudge article referencing a Politico article. Same with that Washington Times story - I let you get away with it once, but not twice.

-TheE-

Sorry, I picked that up off of The Politico.

Unlike you, I read more than one source for news. ;)

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry you lack basic skills of comparison.

I'm sorry you lack basic skills of comprehension.

Parkbandit
02-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh, and D Team Unite!!!

I know it upsets you when I pick on your boy.

racist

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry, I picked that up off of The Politico.

Unlike you, I read more than one source for news. ;)

Drudge Photo:

Burn.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
racist

Got me there. I have an extreme prejudice against stupidity.

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
racist

Lol @ pb.

Grasping straws must be a difficult vocation.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Burn.

Reading comprehension FTL.

The photo was an after effect posted in the other thread - and received from Drudge.

The story was from the politico and from the washington times respectively in each thread. I will admit that the times story was linked from Drudge because I dont peruse the WTimes. I do follow The Politico - where this story is one of the main features this morning.

You'll do anything for a win though eh?

:lol:

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Reading comprehension FTL.

The photo was an after effect posted in the other thread - and received from Drudge.

The story was from the politico and from the washington times respectively in each thread. I will admit that the times story was linked from Drudge because I dont peruse the WTimes.

You'll do anything for a win though eh?

:lol:

Right.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Even when the only thing you win is to look even more stupid.

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:37 PM

ESL much?

Parkbandit
02-25-2008, 12:39 PM

Oh let him have it.. he has so very little in his life currently. Give him this, you selfish bitch.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/attentionwhore.jpg

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:40 PM
I was wondering how long it would take you for you guys to resort to photoshopped pictures.

Well played; using a picture I had as my PC Avatar for a year and a half to ridicule me.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:40 PM
ROFL

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:42 PM
ROFL

Indeed.

Clove
02-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Indeed.

It's alright, your lunch is almost over.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Indeed.

I'm laughing at you.

Daniel
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm laughing at you.

Indeed.

Gan
02-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Wooosh.

TheEschaton