PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine

Drew
02-24-2008, 04:53 PM
McFadden just ran a 4.27 40. Incredible for an RB over 200 pounds. Also the kid from App. State ran in the 4.2s as well.

Sean
02-24-2008, 05:30 PM
McFadden just ran a 4.27 40. Incredible for an RB over 200 pounds. Also the kid from App. State ran in the 4.2s as well.

I thought his official clock time was revised 4.33 impressive none the less. Although they do have that 1 kid from East Carolina clocked in at 4.24. It was nice seeing Ray Rice run a 4.44 before tweaking his hammy though.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
02-25-2008, 04:06 AM
...holy crap. Those are Michael Bennett numbers... Sad to hear all the dropped inches off players' college listings, though. So much of that going around, and it's kind of sad.

BigWorm
02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
...holy crap. Those are Michael Bennett numbers... Sad to hear all the dropped inches off players' college listings, though. So much of that going around, and it's kind of sad.

That has been going in high schools since like 1960's. It's been a part of the game for while.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Well yeah, I knew about high school listings being blatantly overdone, but that's moreso to push their quality guys to scholarships, or at least help. The last thing a scout for Texas wants to hear, is that you have a 5'9" HB that thinks he's 6'2".

I guess the same thing applies from college to the NFL, but really now, it isn't like every scout brings a tape measure to games on Friday nights. Combine folk aren't as easy to convince. Still, 4.2 is an insane number for a guy that runs as upright as McFadden, and at his size, cripes. Too bad he wont have the offensive line Adrian Peterson has, otherwise we'd see the best back to back rookie running backs in NFL history, no doubt.