PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Bonding Q

Stanley Burrell
02-21-2008, 03:43 AM
At 1 rank (2 CMAN Points) do I get the full benefits of not-getting-disarmed as I would at 5 full ranks?

Also, how worthy would it be to have my Voln THW'er bond to a non-weighted, non-flaring, regular ol' altered mattock? I was thinking if I can up the bond ranks and fight the undead and still beat up living stuff with the addition of AG flares, that it might actually be worth it..?

..?

..?!

!..!

Thanks.

thefarmer
02-21-2008, 04:31 AM
You won't be able to bless it if you flare it.

Stanley Burrell
02-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Well, I never really move too quickly from hunting ground to hunting ground.

I'd definitely have the patience to let temporary weapon flaring wear off, and what have you.

Kinda like being a n00b trying to juice the last bless out of your weapon so you can find a super buff cleric to re-bless it.

That analogy is piss poor. Fegght.

Xaerve
02-21-2008, 07:06 AM
HAMMERHEADDD

Asha
02-21-2008, 07:11 AM
MISSED A 'D'!

Khariz
02-21-2008, 08:25 AM
The answer to your first question is no.

When you only have the first Rank of the Bond CMAN, you can only achieve up to a Rank 1 bond with the weapon.

You have to have all 5 ranks to bond to Rank 5, and thus get the benefit of Returning and Double Strikes.

Baelog
02-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Every rank of Weapon Spec and Bonding adds a +2 Bonus to your CML...aka the Manuevers you do with that weapon...typically, 3 Ranks of Wspec1 and 5 Ranks of Bonding is what most will be at, which adds a +16 Bonus to Feint, Disarm, Hamstring, and whatever other CMs you use that utilize that weapon, so if you Max Wspec1 and Bonding, you'll have a +20 Bonus to Feint, Disarm, and etc and so on, giving you a better chance to be successful.

Khariz
02-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Every rank of Weapon Spec and Bonding adds a +2 Bonus to your CML...aka the Manuevers you do with that weapon...typically, 3 Ranks of Wspec1 and 5 Ranks of Bonding is what most will be at, which adds a +16 Bonus to Feint, Disarm, Hamstring, and whatever other CMs you use that utilize that weapon, so if you Max Wspec1 and Bonding, you'll have a +20 Bonus to Feint, Disarm, and etc and so on, giving you a better chance to be successful.

Isn't it funny how two people can read the same question, and address two different aspects of it? I addressed the "returning to your hand when disarmed" portion, assuming that he meant "when it's disarmed, do I get the benefits", and you addresses the "preventing it from getting disarmed" benefits.

Sorry, its one of those retardedly analytical mornings as I sit here reading Wills and Trusts. Sigh.

Celephais
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry, its one of those retardedly analytical mornings as I sit here reading Will and Grace. Sigh.
I totally misread that...

Khariz
02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I totally misread that...

Well, you made me go back and check to see if that's what I typed. Then I remembered I'm not a fag.

Sylvan Dreams
02-21-2008, 12:53 PM
s>cman help bond
Skill Name: Weapon Bonding
Mnemonic: bonding
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: None.
Other Requirements: Ranged weapons cannot be bonded to.
Available to: Warriors.
Prerequisites:
Weapon Specialization (at rank 3) in the weapon type being bonded to.
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2
Rank 2: (Squares) 4
Rank 3: (Squares) 6
Rank 4: (Squares) 8
Rank 5: (Squares) 10
Description: Adds +2 to Attack Strength (AS) and bonuses to CML attack/defensive strength when using the bonded weapon. To bond with a weapon, you must first venture to a holy shrine to establish a spiritual connection between yourself and your weapon. Once connected, your weapon will become increasingly able to be bonded with as you use it in combat. You can learn Weapon Bonding at anytime once you have the necessary prerequisite in Weapon Specialization. However, you will not begin to derive benefit from your ranks until you and your weapon have sufficiently bonded in combat.
At each rank, your weapon gains a special ability that will randomly activate in combat. See CMAN BOND for a list of these abilities. Upon mastery, your weapon will also gain the ability to attempt to return to your hand if it disarmed or hurled.

Stanley Burrell
02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
HAMMERHEADDD

Noooo.

Hammerrrrrhead. With too many "R"'s, not "D"'s.

Eh. Not much of a difference either way...

Edited to add: Damn. Alright thanks. Yep, I meant insta-returns from the weapon physically being disarmed. D'oh.

Makkah
02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Reading r fundamental.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
From what I understand, bonded weapons do not "instantly" return, at any rate. It's a three or four second wait, until they do.

Stanley Burrell
02-21-2008, 08:50 PM
From what I understand, bonded weapons do not "instantly" return, at any rate. It's a three or four second wait, until they do.

I know! What I meant is that in that 3-6 second hopping-back-into-your hand window if that happened at any rank. So far everyone here says 5, and people make fun my of char's name :-[

Gnomad
02-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Also, how worthy would it be to have my Voln THW'er bond to a non-weighted, non-flaring, regular ol' altered mattock? I was thinking if I can up the bond ranks and fight the undead and still beat up living stuff with the addition of AG flares, that it might actually be worth it..?

My warrior did this, mostly for RP reasons, but it was fine. Just a plain rolaren mattock. I usually would just get it blessed and purified for the plasma crits.

edit: and yes, it won't come back to you until rank 5