PDA

View Full Version : landing npc cleric

hectomaner
10-29-2004, 06:16 PM
so i'm dead, trying to get this stupid cleric to raise me, and i ask him for life, thinking well, he'll give me life

DEAD>ask cleric for life
The high holy cleric answers you, "Aye, I might give you a few more moments to savor this sorry tatter that is your life... for a fee of course!"

The cleric rummages through all you have and comes up with your small orb. "Ahah", the ancient one croaks, "I rather fancy this little trinket. A small price to pay, since without me, you won't be needing this ever again in any case."

The high holy cleric gestures at you and a shaft of pure blue light surrounds you. You begin to feel less stiff and lifeless.

that orb being one from giggler, and it was in a closed container too, and the stupid thing took it, and gave me a preservation, didnt even raise me

:(

Mistomeer
10-29-2004, 06:27 PM
What a deal!
/sarcasm
I'd assist about that. I think my raise on Teras cost me around 50K.
NPC clerics just aren't worth it.

AnticorRifling
10-29-2004, 06:27 PM
More too it than asking for life, it's one of those game secrets. Something I will tell you is have someone living with you when you try and get it done or it won't work. Asking for life only gets you an item taken and some preservation.

[Edited on 10-29-2004 by AnticorRifling]

AnticorRifling
10-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Dude I've used that cleric many, many times and all he ever took was gems, amulets, scrolls, herbs, heavy orbs, etc. But right after reading this thread I use it and the fuck ass took my godendag. Assisted about it so we'll see what will happen.

The cleric rummages through all you have and comes up with your onyx-hafted godendag. "Ahah", the ancient one croaks, "I rather fancy this little trinket. A small price to pay, since without me, you won't be needing this ever again in any case."

A weapon is not a trinket!

Nakiro
10-30-2004, 12:42 PM
He should really get your approval before just taking an item.

AnticorRifling
10-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Yeah with the raise you have to say I agree etc but with the lk he just does it. Fucker.

AnticorRifling
10-31-2004, 11:07 PM
FYI after talking to a GM via referral I got my godendag back and they are researching the issue with that cleric snaggin weapons so I'm guessing that's a bug.

hectomaner
11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
yeah i got my orb back too, along with an rpa in which my manner of handling it as the 'man of faith' violated a young mans body by reaching into his pocket and grabbing his 'orb'

alls well that ends well

AnticorRifling
11-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner
yeah i got my orb back too, along with an rpa in which my manner of handling it as the 'man of faith' violated a young mans body by reaching into his pocket and grabbing his 'orb'

alls well that ends well

I didn't get an RPA but that's cool, glad you got the orb back.

I wasn't violated I was just mad I didn't get the option to pay for a happy ending. :cool: