PDA

View Full Version : 3 room vaalor shop

JRF52084
02-17-2008, 02:40 AM
CB: 500k Tolwynn BO:5mil
PM me or post bids here.

Rooms:
A tattered merchant permit hangs on one of the plain wooden walls, and a sturdy oak beam ceiling rises overhead. A worn rug sits in one corner of a plain cherrywood floor. There is an intricately carved ebonwood stand on one side of the shop and a large cherrywood cabinet on the other. You also see an elegantly carved fel sign.
Obvious exits: south

Beneath an elegantly arched fel ceiling, an old elven war banner hangs on one of the textured red silk walls. A gold-veined black marble counter and a large cherrywood cabinet sit in opposite corners while a serene golden wyvern fountain rests on a parquet golden oak floor. You also see an elegantly carved fel sign.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, out

Beneath a sturdy oak beam ceiling, a tattered merchant permit hangs on one of the plain wooden walls. A gold-veined black marble counter and an elegantly carved oak armoire sit in opposite corners while a worn rug rests on a dark mahogany floor. You also see an elegantly carved fel sign.
Obvious exits: southwest

Nieninque
02-17-2008, 04:27 AM
No shop found with name alfador (http://www.playershops.com/alfador)

Tolwynn
02-17-2008, 05:22 AM
500k on the shop.

JRF52084
02-17-2008, 11:05 AM
No shop found with name alfador (http://www.playershops.com/alfador)

That link has been removed. Thanks...Updated with bid.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 03:26 PM
BTW this shop is in one of the better rooms for Vaalor shops... Real close to the entrance

diethx
02-17-2008, 05:10 PM
BTW this shop is in one of the better rooms for Vaalor shops... Real close to the entrance

Does that really make a difference? Will people actually say, "Well, I want that item for that great price, but because it's 7 keystrokes past the gate rather than 2, i'm not going to bother."

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
It does for me... as an owner. I like to be as close to the front as possible. Hate getting lost amid all the shops.

diethx
02-17-2008, 05:19 PM

That's why playershops.com has maps ;)

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Well, Im sure those maps work well when playershops.com is down. :P

But seriously, have you paid attention to some of the shops that sell in the Landing? People tend to pay upwards of 5m more extra for the lower numbered rooms. like 1-6 especially.

TheEschaton
02-17-2008, 05:27 PM
That just means people are stupid, not that it means anything. Considering people visit stores mainly by two methods: 1) playershops.com, or 2) by reputation for carrying certain items, and not by browsing so much, shop location is largely irrelevant.

-TheE-

Drisco
02-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I've got so fed up by just trying to find shops that I bought it from someone else closer to the entrance.

Like in Sol I'd pay 10k more for something instead of walking up all the stairs.

diethx
02-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Well, Im sure those maps work well when playershops.com is down. :P

But seriously, have you paid attention to some of the shops that sell in the Landing? People tend to pay upwards of 5m more extra for the lower numbered rooms. like 1-6 especially.

The maps are on Tsoran's as well. I took 2 minutes one day and labelled his maps with the numbers from playershops, to make my browsing easier. Besides, when playershops is down, it's not like you're searching shops to buy from anyway. If you DO plan on buying from a shop with the site down, you either know it by heart or you were directed there by the owner, who probably gave you directions anyway. The fact that someone wouldn't buy something from a shop that would take 2 extra seconds of key pressing to get to... well, I guess I just find that insanely ridiculous.

And no, I don't pay attention to shops sold in the Landing. They're stupidly overpriced, when FWI is a much better place all-around to own a shop. ;)

diethx
02-17-2008, 05:31 PM
That just means people are stupid

:yeahthat:

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I bet more people browse than you think. I have occasionally seen people browsing near the front of the playershops in the landing. In one shop, then in another.

Or perhaps they were just lost..

And whether its from stupidity, personal preference, or hoping others like it more, if you get more coin for it, thats all that matters.

diethx
02-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I bet more people browse than you think. I have occasionally seen people browsing near the front of the playershops in the landing. In one shop, then in another.

Or perhaps they were just lost..

And whether its from stupidity, personal preference, or hoping others like it more, if you get more coin for it, thats all that matters.

Or perhaps they were noobs, or players returning after a long, long break who didn't know about playershops.com. I spoke to someone like that not too long ago, and he was so relieved when I told him about the site.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 05:41 PM
You bring up another argument, against yourself. People who don't know about playershops.com!

Hell think of all the people who still don't know about the PC...

Anyhow.. back to his sale.

diethx
02-17-2008, 05:46 PM
You bring up another argument, against yourself. People who don't know about playershops.com!

Hell think of all the people who still don't know about the PC...

Anyhow.. back to his sale.

My guess is, chances are if someone is willing to do any window shopping at all, they'd be just as happy to go north all the way rather than east all the way in the Landing ;)

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 05:54 PM
You don't shut up do you? :P

Point IS, I prefer lowered numbered shops. I know others who do. Whether you do or not. I was just telling people of the nice location. If you don't give a fuck, thats fine.

diethx
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
You don't shut up do you? :P

Point IS, I prefer lowered numbered shops. I know others who do. Whether you do or not. I was just telling people of the nice location. If you don't give a fuck, thats fine.

Why the hell should I shut up? We were having a discussion. Don't be a douchebag just because you're making stupid points and I disagree with you.

JRF52084
02-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice stuff to read heh, either way shop sold on buyout. Pending delivery.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
That wasn't a discussion that was you arguing that my mentioning something was stupid and pointless.

diethx
02-17-2008, 07:43 PM
That wasn't a discussion that was you arguing that my mentioning something was stupid and pointless.

Actually, I didn't call your points stupid until you decided to get all butt-hurt and mention I should shut up. And I never said anything was pointless. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean it's an argument. I was being nice in my disagreement, because I like you. But apparently you can't tell the difference between a civil discussion where not everyone agrees and an argument. Good to know!

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 07:49 PM
It is not a stupid point if it is a true and valid point. Shops have sold for more if they are a lower number. There is no point in arguing against it, especially if you don't have any proof otherwise.

Ever wonder why people ask what room its in before they place a bid? Whats it matter? G I wndr.

TheEschaton
02-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Proof that people act stupidly does not make your point less stupid. Unless you believe in Posner.

diethx
02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
It is not a stupid point if it is a true and valid point. Shops have sold for more if they are a lower number. There is no point in arguing against it, especially if you don't have any proof otherwise.

Ever wonder why people ask what room its in before they place a bid? Whats it matter? G I wndr.

Something can be stupid even if it's true. Like TheEschaton said, just because it may be true only means people are stupid. I never said what Landing shops do or do not sell for, in fact, I even stated that I don't pay attention to the sale of Landing shops. So, I don't need proof of anything. Way to AVOID THE POINT. Maybe you should go back and reread my posts so you are refreshed on what you're actually whining about here.

Anyway, I never said people weren't stupid or lazy enough to only buy from front room shops. I simply said, and I quote myself, "I guess I just find that insanely ridiculous." You're the one who has to get all butt-hurt because of it and start putting words in people's mouths. Get over it.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
OK children. Fuck.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I kind of agree with AestheticDeath here. And by kind of I mean entirely. Not only do people generally prefer to own shops in the first row of rooms, they absolutely do sell for more, and it's retarded to go any further with an analysis on why people are stupid for paying attention to location. As much as you (diethx and TheE) want to think it's stupid for people to care, they still do.

And I'll gladly reread what you said, diethx:

Does that really make a difference? Will people actually say, "Well, I want that item for that great price, but because it's 7 keystrokes past the gate rather than 2, i'm not going to bother."

Yes, it does make a difference. No, your example sucks.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Never thought I would hear Bob agree with me.

Fuck whats the world coming to?!

diethx
02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I kind of agree with AestheticDeath here. And by kind of I mean entirely. Not only do people generally prefer to own shops in the first row of rooms, they absolutely do sell for more, and it's retarded to go any further with an analysis on why people are stupid for paying attention to location. As much as you (diethx and TheE) want to think it's stupid for people to care, they still do.

And I'll gladly reread what you said, diethx:

Yes, it does make a difference. No, your example sucks.

Well, since you agree that he's right (which I never said he wasn't), that most certainly means that TheEschaton and I have no right to our opinion on the stupidity of the whole situation. Oh wait, haha.

Hard to see how my example sucks, seeing as it was reinforced by Drisco who said he was too lazy to climb the steps in Solhaven (which would take like 2 seconds) to save some coins. Then again, opinions don't matter here, which includes yours.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Goddamnit. Every time you just post something idiotic.

diethx
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Goddamnit. Every time you just post something idiotic.

lol, I knew it was about that time in the conversation. Again with the graciousness.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2008, 08:22 PM
It generally is "about that time" the second you respond to someone, since you never say anything of merit.

diethx
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
It generally is "about that time" the second you respond to someone, since you never say anything of merit.

You mean, you have nothing substantial to reply with because you realize the person you're trying to pick a fight with makes perfect sense, so you need to resort to calling them stupid, a moron, etc. You can have an IQ of 250 for all I care, and you're still an immature little kid who doesn't know how to concede graciously ;)

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
No, I'm actually right.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Fuck, I am glad the shops already sold, we made a mess of this thread.

diethx
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Fuck, I am glad the shops already sold, we made a mess of this thread.

We totally helped with all the free bumps :D

Back
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
To make matters worse... whoever just bought it should know that I bought a shop in Vaalor through regular game mechanics not more than a few months ago for far less.

Not as pretty as this one though.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Finding an available shop is a moderately rare occurrence. I'd say 5 mil for a shop this late in the game is a good amount considering the normal prices.

Back
02-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Finding an available shop is a moderately rare occurrence. I'd say 5 mil for a shop this late in the game is a good amount considering the normal prices.

Heh. Walk in to the shop seller’s room and just look at each box. If one crumbles, good chance there is a shop for sale.

But yeah, I may have just been in the right place at the right time.

Drisco
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I window shop.... I am also lazy and won't go down to the bigger numbers when I do that. I would like to have a shop in the front, would I pay an extra 5M for it? No.