PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Selling Out - Take a look at what I have.

Lord Nelek
02-14-2008, 10:22 PM
So after a really rough day at work and really bad news about taxes this year. I've decided to offer my accounts to the community for sale. I have never had a warning on any account, I don't have any enemies in game and in general my characters are respected members of society. The Empath and the Wizard are currently set up to assist each other and are a perfect team for leveling and bounty work. The Bard is only used for purifying gems, loresinging and storage.

I haven't had time to sit down and figure out what everything is really worth, so at this time I'm asking you to send me an offer for everything together as one package. Depending on the responses that I get, I may break everything up, but I am looking to get rid of everything all at once.

I will accept paypal if you are a well known individual to the PC community, or in game, or if you can provide references that I personally know and trust. If you aren't known to the general public to be trustworthy, I will require payment using a more secure method.

Listings to follow..

Lord Nelek
02-14-2008, 10:23 PM

Lord Nelek
02-14-2008, 10:25 PM

Lord Nelek
02-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Lord Nelek
02-14-2008, 10:31 PM
///

Lord Nelek
02-14-2008, 10:37 PM
///

diethx
02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Just curious, but what's more secure than PayPal?

Trouble
02-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Just curious, but what's more secure than PayPal?

Send a check and wait for it to clear?

diethx
02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Send a check and wait for it to clear?

Except that check could bounce and his bank could charge him a fee for it. With PayPal, the money is cleared and all yours once it's in your account and you can then withdraw to your bank account, which takes only about 2 days to clear.

AestheticDeath
02-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Banks don't charge you a fee if a check your cashing bounces do they? Hasn't happened to me. They charge the person who wrote the check.

Most secure for the seller is cash in the mail. Assuming you can make sure it isn't counterfeit. Just deposit it in the bank and ask them to check it. If all clears your good.

But no buyer is going to do that. Best bet is a money order from the US postal office. Sent through the mail. And you don't have to pay paypal a fee! Just takes longer.

The Ponzzz
02-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Yes, a bank can charge you. Money order is more secure for the seller, not the buyer.

Drew
02-15-2008, 12:07 AM
You left the bards name up.

Lord Nelek
02-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Both the Wizard and the Empath have a fixskills available, the Bard does not.

Lord Nelek
02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Just wanted to note that I have received offers via PM. I don't have time to respond right now but I will try to send a response later tonight.

I also plan to update these posts with specific item stats this weekend.

Zasken
02-15-2008, 02:57 PM
A bank will only charge you if you deposit a check and it bounces, the charge is actually for them to correct your deposit slip and make the corrections. However if you cash it out of Their bank, it goes against their account instead of yours so they get charged. This way you find out immediately if the check has been canceled, written out of a closed account, is even a valid check, and if their is really enough cash in the account to pay it.
This is a nice way, though really the USPS money order is real nice too. If someone is stupid enough to try to pass a fake one of those off it is a felony and a federal offense.

Sean of the Thread
02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Postal money order ftw. I use it on as many transactions with strangers as possible.

That aside. How bad is your fucking tax news that you couldn't get it "fixed"??

Drunken Durfin
02-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Application for Automatic Extension of Time to file U.S. Individual Income Tax Return:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

I have not filed on the 15th of April in about 10 years.

FYI:
The late payment penalty is usually 1⁄2 of 1% of any tax (other
than estimated tax) not paid by the regular due date. It is
charged for each month or part of a month the tax is unpaid.
The maximum penalty is 25%.

Lord Nelek
02-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Sadly enough, it's not my taxes that are in trouble, it's my spouses. I've already filed mine and I'm just waiting for the deposit, which will happen to go towards paying off what the spouse owes.

Note to all: Don't claim 10 on your paycheck and forget about it. Yes, the spouse is really that stupid.

Soulpieced
02-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Hope she doesn't read these boards.... but claiming 10 and not noticing and wondering why your paychecks are so large is a "small" oops.

Drunken Durfin
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Sadly enough, it's not my taxes that are in trouble, it's my spouses. I've already filed mine and I'm just waiting for the deposit, which will happen to go towards paying off what the spouse owes.

Note to all: Don't claim 10 on your paycheck and forget about it. Yes, the spouse is really that stupid.

Married filing separate is the absolute worst bracket you can put yourself in. Go find a real accountant, not one of those electronic filing yahoos, and file an amended return.

As for the claiming 10 dependents and forgetting part...wow.

The Ponzzz
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I didn't think 10 was possible. How many kids do you have?!

Drunken Durfin
02-15-2008, 07:54 PM
You can claim as many as you want, but come tax time you had better have some names, SSN's, DoB's else you are SoL.

Lord Nelek
02-15-2008, 08:36 PM
We're not married or we would file together. I just say spouse because I consider us married.

We did have a long discussion about it though and how that's a big no no. Although I know who is ultimately responsible, I do partially blame work friends for suggesting the whole claim 10 thing.