PDA

View Full Version : Scared

Ilvane
02-13-2008, 08:59 AM
I know I've posted stuff about my mom being sick here a few times..I am having some more worries again.

She is 59 years old, and has diabetes, and is really sick with it. She has been literally having trouble standing the last few days, and every time she gets up(even with a walker) she has been falling down. She's going into the hospital today, after fighting with me over it for three days..I was trying to get her to go the first day it happened but she wouldn't budge, she was being stubborn, and telling me I thought it was all in her head..Which I didn't, but it certainly didn't help that it was the anniversary of my fathers death on the 8th..

Anyway, I'm just scared she's going to die..honestly, they told my mom she had maybe 5 years about 10 years ago..she has a very weak heart to begin with, and having an infection from her still hurting foot(when she got it partially amputated) is only making things worse. Now she's got swollen legs..and I have no idea what is causing it. I suggested she go to Boston to the hospital she trusts(and the one she worked in for 30 years) and see if they can help her better than our local hospital.

Just wanted to vent..I'm scared as anything.

Angela

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Hope her pain lessens, or if at all possible, fades entirely. That kind of situation is never easy on anyone involved, so the only thing I can really say is try and work through it, and stay strong for her without being cold. As bad off as she may be right now, how you respond and carry yourself around her is a big factor in how she feels with her situation.