PDA

View Full Version : Biggest GM fuckup I've ever seen

Allereli
02-12-2008, 02:12 AM
This is on the Landing net, too.

Ikaan [General]: "10x scripted blessable falchion, weighs 7 lbs, should sell for 22-27 mil coins...I've seen PC threads for $9-$10/mil...so about 250ish dollars."

>report Ikaan for Ikaan [General]: "10x scripted blessable falchion, weighs 7 lbs, should sell for 22-27 mil coins...I've seen PC threads for $9-$10/mil...so about 250ish dollars."

SEND[Emeradan] Yes, we know.

SEND[Emeradan] And we've already smote the offender.

SEND[Ikaan] Yeah, painfully aware, thanks....huzzah for wrong nets.

:club:

Khariz
02-12-2008, 02:18 AM
This is on the Landing net, too.

Ikaan [General]: "10x scripted blessable falchion, weighs 7 lbs, should sell for 22-27 mil coins...I've seen PC threads for $9-$10/mil...so about 250ish dollars."

>report Ikaan for Ikaan [General]: "10x scripted blessable falchion, weighs 7 lbs, should sell for 22-27 mil coins...I've seen PC threads for $9-$10/mil...so about 250ish dollars."

SEND[Emeradan] Yes, we know.

SEND[Emeradan] And we've already smote the offender.

:club:

Holy wowshit.

Danical
02-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Eh.

I thought it was something like a GM indefinitely stunning a character and then anally raping said character. The character would slam. Upon the character's return, said character would be lounged for Mechanics Abuse: Slamming.

Or something.

AestheticDeath
02-12-2008, 03:04 AM
I can't believe you reported him for it....

Izzy
02-12-2008, 03:07 AM
I can't believe you reported him for it....

I can't believe you're surprised that she reported him. GM's engaging in cash sales for items? Not so GS-kosher, I'd say. Not to mention the incredible OOC factor of mentioning money on the amunet.

Nieninque
02-12-2008, 03:07 AM

Way to miss the point, dumbass.

AestheticDeath
02-12-2008, 03:14 AM
That thought doesn't mean Ikaan is involved in cash sales. It could just mean someone was asking him an opinion.

I've seen PC threads for $9-$10/mil...so about 250ish dollars."
That OOC. Sure. And its just saying something in the wrong place. Doesn't mean anything. Just seems a little snotty to me to report a GM for something everyone knows is OOC and was a mistake.

Though I am curious now as to who he is.

Nieninque
02-12-2008, 03:26 AM
I was talking about the OOC bit to be honest.

Khariz
02-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I know why Ikaan was talking about the real life worth of the weapon...not my place to explain though.

Nieninque
02-12-2008, 03:31 AM
But yah, not sure it was worth a report.

Khariz
02-12-2008, 03:32 AM
But yah, not sure it was worth a report.

I'm guessing he either:

A. Didn't realize Ikaan was a GM when he reported.

or

B. Was being funny if he did.

If Emeradan f'ed up like that, I'd report him just to be funny.

thefarmer
02-12-2008, 03:33 AM
Easy enough, it's the weapon Composer is selling.

Allereli
02-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Honestly I didn't even know it was a GM at first until I got the send. I don't keep track of any that aren't directly involved in things like sorcery or alchemy, I'm not friends with any of them, and I don't go to simucon.

Khariz
02-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Easy enough, it's the weapon Composer is selling.

Indeed. And let's just say that Abysso is contesting ownership with proof. Proof that was requiring the GM's to calculate it's real life worth. Ikaan just thought on the wrong channel.

thefarmer
02-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Yeah, it's worth stealing to sell for cash.

Danical
02-12-2008, 03:36 AM
I really don't see the big deal.

The OOC thing was an accident like when people say something on the amunet clearly meant for psinet. When shit like that happens I generally just ignore it instead of making a fuss over it.

Unless, of course, I'm totally best friends with the GM in question like Lucas is and I want to fuck with them. But then I'd use AIM for my super awesome buddy happy friend times go.

Alfster
02-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Indeed. And let's just say that Abysso is contesting ownership with proof. Proof that was requiring the GM's to calculate it's real life worth. Ikaan just thought on the wrong channel.

ROFL GS DRAMA

I GAVE YOU MY PASSWORD AND YOU STOLE MY WEAPON....IT'S MINE!

Khariz
02-12-2008, 03:39 AM
ROFL GS DRAMA

I GAVE YOU MY PASSWORD AND YOU STOLE MY WEAPON....IT'S MINE!

Nah, she wasn't lying. That's not what happened. Whatever though. Her story to tell.

AestheticDeath
02-12-2008, 03:47 AM
Worth of the weapon can't prove ownership... What am I missing?

Gan
02-12-2008, 06:49 AM
I know why Ikaan was talking about the real life worth of the weapon...not my place to explain though.

For those interested, its being discussed in another thread...

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=30010

Fallen
02-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Maybe this is a thought someone else sent another person, and he was copy/pasting for others to see it. He was digging through some logs or something, and just pasted to the wrong net. That was the first thing that came to me when I saw it.

All of that shit is logged.

Sean of the Thread
02-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Nah fuck that. This was in my opinion inappropriate discussion of gm's involved in a scandal that just got more scandalous.

And everything isn't logged as far as I can tell or I would have been banned years ago.

CrystalTears
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
This is far from the biggest GM fuckup. I considered this more human error than an actual GM screwup. You obviously haven't dealt with Andraste.

Stanley Burrell
02-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Woah. That's weird.

I'm almost positive I was on AIM last night. And she IM'd me for the first time since forever.

And sorry, but I had let someone borrow something (altered FGB with adamantium base material worked into the alter) that I was truly conned out of -- It ended up being passed to several characters and then sold.

The GMs didn't do shit and wouldn't replicate it IG because the douchebag, who happens to brag about his RX-7 from time to time, still possessed it (and might still possess it) as a legitimate item.

Then there are less by-the-book GMs who will dupe items for you when fuckery ensues. I wonder how many back-channel convos were going on with my massive reporting and assisting after my armor incident.

If anyone ever saw "a pure black adamantium warsuit trimmed in veil iron" it's Vaeyre's. Who let me borrow it. That I was conned out of. That was in 2000 and my age reflected my naievity, but whatever.

Ever since then, I've rejected the idea of GM intervention in a 2+ party scenario contesting ownership of an item. And I've learned, if you GIVE someone an item, it doesn't matter if it's a bard loresinging or a "friend" group hunting with you, you can be officially fucked if you try getting it replaced.

What sucked was that the GM who (I think) mostly dealt with my inquiries was a super by-the-book dude.

Allereli
02-12-2008, 10:57 AM
This is far from the biggest GM fuckup. I considered this more human error than an actual GM screwup. You obviously haven't dealt with Andraste.

I meant in game as an incident, I wasn't implying that Ikaan is a fuckup, he just fucked up.

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
<<Reason: If you want to be possessive, it's just I-T-S, but if it's supposed to be a contraction then it's I-T-apostrophe-S>>

lmao

CrystalTears
02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
I meant in game as an incident, I wasn't implying that Ikaan is a fuckup, he just fucked up.
And I was implying that not only does she do fuckups in the game, she's also a fuckup herself. :D

Tea & Strumpets
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
I thought it was against policy to sell items/silvers for cash, and that the rules were heavily enforced. This is quite an eye opener to find out the GM's are aware of it and do nothing about it.

Celephais
02-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I thought it was against policy to sell items/silvers for cash, and that the rules were heavily enforced. This is quite an eye opener to find out the GM's are aware of it and do nothing about it.
Certainly not "Heavily enforced", as they could easily crack down on the major merchants; it's no secret who they are. They just blind eye it.

It's rather likely the GM was just giving some facts to help put things into perspective. It would be like if a cop told you the street price of a drug bust (sorta... not really, but you get the drift).

FinisWolf
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
They know things are sold in game for cash, some even doing the buying and selling.

There is no heavy enforcement of cash sales, gsauctions.com.

What I find retarded is that when my 8X HCP haub got slaughtered, they wouldn't allow me to use it's cash value as an arguement, but here they are discussing it.

Granted we are only seeing a small piece of the convo, so perhaps ...

Yea...

Finis

Tea & Strumpets
02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Certainly not "Heavily enforced", as they could easily crack down on the major merchants; it's no secret who they are. They just blind eye it.

It's rather likely the GM was just giving some facts to help put things into perspective. It would be like if a cop told you the street price of a drug bust (sorta... not really, but you get the drift).

I was just being sarcastic, but cops actually arrest people for drugs. Even the GM's sell/buy shit for cash. The GM's have allowed something that is against policy to just become an accepted part of gameplay. They never enforce it, and ignore it when it's right in front of their face.

I've never heard of any enforcement of cash sales, which is why you get to enjoy the company of people like Tsin.

Khariz
02-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Nah you can understand the rest of the convo, based on what composer and Durfin posted in the other thread.

She had the item taken from her character (either by someone logging into her account, which she said she changed the password to) or by a GM taking it because Composer said it was stolen.

She then uses the argument "but I paid for it, it's mine". She didn't pay for it with silvers in game, so she TELLS the GMs, "I paid for it by paypal".

(OOC) Abysso's player whispers, "Well I sent them my paypal records where I sent him money over time."
s>
(OOC) Abysso's player whispers, "But the ownership is in question.

It's pretty easy to surmise that Ikaan was talking in the GM channel where they were discussing the real life worth to determine ownership.

This is not my deal, but the only "Problem" I have with this whole debaucle is why the GMs are so heavily invovled in the first place. I mean, I know some real life shitting upon is going on, but to determine ownership of an item and to use real life exchange of cash as a means to aid in determining ownership? I think they are starting down a slippery slope that they really don't want to be on.

In fact, I'm sure GMs are reading this thread. Don't tread this slope. You and Simutronics will regret getting into the real life affairs of others that extend beyond the EULA of this game. Use in-game mechanics only for determining ownership. Yes, this will screw people from time to time, but that is not your problem.

Celephais
02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I really wish there was a GIVE command with "stipulation"... any other use of the command means you've GIVEN the item to them, but something like:

>GIVE sword TO soandso STIP I am giving you the weapon to bless it and return it

>Celephais offers you a sword with a stipulation of "I am giving you the weapon to bless it and return it". Type ACCEPT or DECLINE in the next 60 seconds.

This is only usable on registered items, and the item remains registered to the original person, then they just record the stipulation, and any stipulations are deleted once the item is returned to the owner.

FinisWolf
02-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Kinda cool idea Cele, but who, and how many would really use a mechanic like that? I try to do EXCHANGES for every sale I make, but I do NOT use the CHALLENGE verb at all.

:shrug:

Finis

FinisWolf
02-12-2008, 12:56 PM
While this is thought was OOC, I don't see it as any different then a private thought being thought on the open net, or when they released the horde in Illi the other night with something like this:

;intown You hear a bellow, "Come out and fight you cowards!"

... or something like that. it's a simple mistake, and can be easily overlooked. It is kinda entertaining to see our GM's making the same type of mistakes that we as players make.

No biggie.

Finis

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2008, 12:58 PM
<<While this is thought was OOC, I don't see it as any different then a private thought being thought on the open net>>

When a GM is logged into a GM account and talking on a private GM channel, it's way different. Especially in this case.

FinisWolf
02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
No it's not. It was a mistake.

Finis

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I'll give you that; they're both similar because they're mistakes.

But they're not the same at all.

Celephais
02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Kinda cool idea Cele, but who, and how many would really use a mechanic like that? I try to do EXCHANGES for every sale I make, but I do NOT use the CHALLENGE verb at all.

:shrug:

Finis
You bet your ass people would use it for 10x weapons... and it gives GMs carte blanche to say "well you didn't use stipulation, we can't help you". The last enchant I did for someone they gave me 1 coin, had me state the terms to a T, and then they exchanged the armor for a coin to me. I don't know how the logging system for exchanges work, but this was a valuable item to the person I was enchanting for and they didn't want to mess around.

I can definatly see this being used frequently for people who don't want to take chances with valuable items, and there is no disadvantage other than having to type it out (challenging certainly poses a disadvantage)

Gan
02-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I really wish there was a GIVE command with "stipulation"... any other use of the command means you've GIVEN the item to them, but something like:

>GIVE sword TO soandso STIP I am giving you the weapon to bless it and return it

>Celephais offers you a sword with a stipulation of "I am giving you the weapon to bless it and return it". Type ACCEPT or DECLINE in the next 60 seconds.

This is only usable on registered items, and the item remains registered to the original person, then they just record the stipulation, and any stipulations are deleted once the item is returned to the owner.

Interestingly enough I witnessed a transaction between Daegal and Jenovadeath (Tabor) where JD loaned Daegal some silvers. JD had Daegal write an IOU on a chalk slate promising the repayment of the debt.

Holding a ruby-framed midnight black chalkboard steady in his left hand, Daegal tightens his grip on a thin piece of white chalk and writes a long message upon the slate.

This was probably the best thought out means I've seen mechanics wise to track a debt of any sort in game where the item isnt purchased outright through the EXCHANGE command.

Note that this method has no means to determine if the silvers were actually repaid - although an audit of the bank records and a quick look at teh game logs that have the same date as the acquired silvers (or thereabouts) could be possible. However, even that could be cheated by holding onto the silvers for any length of time before deposit - or transferring the silvers outright to another character without depositing. And it doesnt address if silvers are held in a coin hand rather than a bank account.

Sean of the Thread
02-12-2008, 01:08 PM
AD is English you're first language? Just curious.

AestheticDeath
02-12-2008, 01:10 PM
They have not used cash for evaluating things for anyone else's problem as far as I know. Why are they doing it in this instance? Just because she brought it up?

bennym
02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to pay a GM on the side to make a custom item for you than to buy it from another player? Or did Simutronics stop doing side jobs like that?

crazymage
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to pay a GM on the side to make a custom item for you than to buy it from another player? Or did Simutronics stop doing side jobs like that?

lol.

Khariz
02-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Khaladon was recently fired.

Khariz
02-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Brilliant idea. I would use this. Seriously.

Danical
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Khaladon was recently fired.

It had nothing to do with insider item trading, right?

Danical
02-12-2008, 03:16 PM

Make it so.

Methais
02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
It had nothing to do with insider item trading, right?

From the post by Bubba a few months ago, it seemed like it had a lot to do with everything.

Danical
02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh, I thought it was something about him spouting off on the Plat boards about how he's not to be fucked with or something.

Methais
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I think that was just the final straw. Bubba said something about how he'd been warned 457823943270 times before. There's a copy of the post floating around here somewhere.

Alfster
02-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Really?

Warriorbird
02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
MUCH bigger fuckups have happened.

Lord Nelek
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I think the whole stipulation thing has been suggested before, and was shot down by Khaladon.

I personally think it would be a great thing to add into the game. Maybe someone should start a thread on the officials that we can all go jump on. The bandwagon affect does help from time to time.

Khariz
02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
My post about Khaladon was kind of a joke. I was just being silly. But yeah.

Fallen
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
These things have been suggested before. A verb where you use it to give someone an item working with the understanding that you expect it returned. The Stipulation takes this a step further, though. Pretty good idea.

That Jay
02-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Varulv is attempting to code a LOAN verb but I gather its something of a bear of a proposition.

Although it may only be available in Platinum as it may be a bit of a resource hog.

Fallen
02-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Sweet. Hopefully they can trim the code down and allow Premium users access as well.

Danical
02-13-2008, 12:47 AM
I really can't see SIMU devoting so much time and effort on a verb if only plat gets it. That's a pretty fucking poor use of time and effort.

Also, Varulv is a badass so maybe it'll be sooner rather than later?

That Jay
02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I really can't see SIMU devoting so much time and effort on a verb if only plat gets it. That's a pretty fucking poor use of time and effort.

This is Simu.

Joe
02-13-2008, 10:48 PM
This is Simu.

So why are you still around?

Methais
02-13-2008, 10:59 PM
This is Simu.

http://image.hazardstrip.com/ico/sprays/this_is_sparta_v2_0_by_dooo.gif

g++
02-13-2008, 11:33 PM
So why are you still around?

Right, because if you see something wrong your two choices are.

A. Ignore it.
B. Give up, pack up your shit and leave.

Celephais
02-13-2008, 11:43 PM
Right, because if you see something wrong your two choices are.

A. Ignore it.
B. Give up, pack up your shit and leave.
So instead you've opted for bending over, taking it, and handing them gobs more money?
http://americasbestmyspace.com/myspace-comment-pics/pics_assume-the-position-t.jpg

g++
02-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Gemstone is not expensive. Aside from that it just rubs me the wrong way when people imply if you have a problem with anything in gemstone you should just leave. Its that mentality on the officials that stifles any real debate about the game so a minority of people can continue sucking GM dick with 9 out of 10 of the posts.

Methais
02-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Gemstone is not expensive.

Gemstone is the most expensive MMO on the market.

g++
02-14-2008, 12:48 AM
It still costs me less per month than filling my gas tank so my point was in the grand scheme of things I really dont care about my gemstone bill. I was not really thinking about it in comparison to other MMO's, but I guess it is expensive in that regard.

gs4gs41234
03-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Ikaan needs to eat less and stop being a LOSER!

:buttkick: :wedgie:

Hidden Video Footage of Ikaan:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40993000/jpg/_40993420_fat_stomach_spl_203.jpg

Hidden Video Footage of Ikaan's Food:

http://www.cornishwaresearch.freeservers.com/images/LardCWS2941A.jpg

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
03-01-2008, 03:00 AM
It still costs me less per month than filling my gas tank so my point was in the grand scheme of things I really dont care about my gemstone bill. I was not really thinking about it in comparison to other MMO's, but I guess it is expensive in that regard.

If it costs you less than gas, you're obviously not succeeding. Just ask Tsin, I'm sure he could clue you in on the dozens of purchases you haven't made that really have you lagging behind the pack.

Gnomad
03-04-2008, 06:07 AM
It still costs me less per month than filling my gas tank so my point was in the grand scheme of things I really dont care about my gemstone bill. I was not really thinking about it in comparison to other MMO's, but I guess it is expensive in that regard.You're comparing your gas bill, which you likely need to pay to get to and from work to Gemstone, which is a frivolity? Really?

g++
03-04-2008, 06:40 AM
You’re implying I rank the importance of each as equal instead of their costs. I was just relating it to an expense I might encounter on any given day and casually pay without thinking twice. I was not listing things I would forego for gemstone.