PDA

View Full Version : 4x +10 sighted longbow

durgem
02-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I was wondering what this would be equal to in weighting to a ohe, and what kind of price I would be looking at if I decided to sell.

Kitsun
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm confused about what you're asking.

Sighting on a bow will assess as weighting on any other weapon class so if you want the direct comparison if you swung the bow like a staff, its right there.

Otherwise, sighting is simply an enchancement to accuracy for an archer. It will not add to criticals. In order for crit weighting to apply, it would need to be on the arrow fired.

Isn't a level 10 critting equal to Masterful or something outrageous?

Stunseed
02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Heavily.

durgem
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I am very new to archery, so some of my information was misguided I suppose. I was not awake when sighted woods came into being ect. Thanks for not ripping me to shreds. I guess a better question would be how much does the +10 matter when aiming for a specific part.

Durgrimst
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I am not a pro here, but it will help out a lower trained character much more so than an older. An older archer will have more than enough perception and the such to hit an eye on a regular basis, while a lower trained archers will need more help. I do not know exact numbers.

AestheticDeath
02-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Honestly even the capped rogues I had were having trouble with consistent
aiming, even with 2x or 3x perception. Its very very very very very frustrating.

I had to put on crap loads of 404 and 402 to be able to aim very well. Sucks.

Kitsun
02-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Calculating aiming percentages is a huge pain in the ass since it requires a somewhat large sample size while trying to eliminate variables. No one has hard numbers on what you're looking for Durgem except for perhaps Warden.

AestheticDeath
02-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Percentage = low, a lot lower than it should be. I'd any help in aiming, is good enough to keep, or go after.

As far as what its equal to.. You can't really compare since its not actual weighting.

And I have no idea on price.