PDA

View Full Version : Listless

Izalude
02-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Today was my birthday.

None of my friends, family, or coworkers called me today. The best I got was a call from an ex-girlfriend from seven years ago, and a few IMs from friends that play GS.

I did nothing exciting this weekend. I stayed inside and watched Band of Brothers, and worked on some music for a project I was hired to compose for. I even cleaned up the apartment a little bit.

When my friends, coworkers, and family look at me, sometimes I get this strange feeling that I don't think they see a person. I think they see a disease. I've been fighting Multiple Sclerosis for a few years now, and have been relatively healthy, save for a few complications here and there... Well, these past two weeks have been brutal... I was in and out of the hospital. I'd say by Thursday last week, I crested the hill, and started feeling (somewhat) normal again.

For the most part, I'm alone in this private war. Not because my friends or family don't support me, but because I choose for it to be this way. My father has lieukemia, and there's been quite a few ups and downs in his health. I'd rather have them not have to worry about me. When they ask about how I've been holding up, I just smile and say that everything is fine.

No matter how I try to look at this, I have to ask myself... Was this my own doing?

Gan
02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Happy Birthday ya old fart.

Glad you're still hanging in there.

Methais
02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Happy birthday.

Izalude
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys.

Stunseed
02-10-2008, 10:49 PM
HBD bro.

Next time we're up that way, you should make it to the pre-arranged dinner! :)

The Ponzzz
02-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that about no one calling. I know I don't have anything to compare to MS, but I know the feeling of not getting a call or a card on a birthday.

But have a Happy Birthday! And say fuck it to the rest of them. Not worth the tears, stress or loneliness/sadness.

diethx
02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Happy birthday doll! Sorry the people in your real life are being jackasses at the moment :(

Snapp
02-10-2008, 11:34 PM
:birthday:

Stanley Burrell
02-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Happy birthday, yo.

Stay as healthy as healthy can be.

Skeeter
02-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Happy birthday bro. the 30s are the new 20s.