PDA

View Full Version : NO CONVERSIONS

Lucas
02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Just recieved word. There will be absolutely NO conversions into the monk profession, this was decided by Warden a few nights back without much protest from the senior staff. I just was told this, apologies for the delay. Again, please no commentary filling up this thread, just read it and take it for what you will.

Khariz
02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
If this is true, it makes me very happy.

CrystalTears
02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
No commentary, my ass. It's great that there won't be conversions available, but I'm really hoping that your "GM friend" tells you to shut the fuck up.

Stanley Burrell
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
No commentary, my ass. It's great that there won't be conversions available, but I'm really hoping that your "GM friend" tells you to shut the fuck up.

You used to post this animated smiley of some emoticon dude rolling on the pixel-based message board ground, laughing its tiny little ass off and I can't find it.

But I'd post it if I could. BELEE' DAT ::3 snaps and a Z::

Makkah
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I hope you die.

in game of course

Numbers
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I hafta poo.

Stanley Burrell
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I sort of want him to die fatally too: But be resurrected in the concept of Buddhist afterlife so it abides by TOS.

Stanley Burrell
02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I hafta poo.

This is a great thread.

::clears throat::

::applies some Binaca::

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111three.

Snapp
02-07-2008, 08:58 PM
It'd be kinda messed up not to allow conversions at this point, since they had said a long time ago that they would for brawlers. Not that I really believe the OP has a "GM friend" telling him all this crap.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
stfu

Khariz
I have a GM section in AIM where I have half the current GMs AIM names added, and talk to a portion of them regularly, just for shits and grins. Always have. They are pretty damn nice. They'll tell you to STFU and stop asking them shit if you start crossing the line.

I don't find it hard to believe that someone leaked something to him.

Lysander
If this is true all I can say is

YES!!!!!!

The only people benefiting from instant capped monks are people selling characters for dollars. The demand for capped monks in the outset will be a gold mine.

Numbers
02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
The only people benefiting from instant capped monks are people selling characters for dollars. The demand for capped monks in the outset will be a gold mine.

Unless they suck and have a boring spell list.

Lucas
02-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Probably why he did it. That and increased time players spend getting their monks level'd up from scratch. Anyhow, this is pretty much set in stone and unlikely to change above all the things I've heard about monks and unarmed stuff she was most certain about this. Sorry for all the folks who were expecting and congrats to those that wanted this all along.

Latrinsorm
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't find it hard to believe that someone leaked something to him.I find it pretty hard to believe that someone continually leaks hush-hush information to him when he's repeatedly demonstrated his utter lack of discretion.

Given the way his comments appear specifically designed to induce reactions from other people, I find it pretty easy to believe that this is the primary motivation for his posts. The truth-value of his claims are completely irrelevant to this motivation.

Khariz
02-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I find it pretty hard to believe that someone continually leaks hush-hush information to him when he's repeatedly demonstrated his utter lack of discretion.

Given the way his comments appear specifically designed to induce reactions from other people, I find it pretty easy to believe that this is the primary motivation for his posts. The truth-value of his claims are completely irrelevant to this motivation.

True. My analysis failed to take into consideration the frequency with which he has posted leaks.

Lucas
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
BTW, I'm taking bets on any of my leaks. Including this one. For this particular leak, I'm taking any amount of silvers. ANY.

diethx
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
BTW, I'm taking bets on any of my leaks. Including this one. For this particular leak, I'm taking any amount of silvers. ANY.

stfu

Methais
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM

400m on this one.

Alfster
02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Backlash starting another thread...being gay again

GSplayr
02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Such BS stop spreading rumors dude. If this is all true PM this GM's name I know all the GMs I bet you couldn't guess the right GM in charge of this. BSer.

Anebriated
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
All i wanna know is will voln fu be nerfed with the release of unarmed combat. Make your GM sources useful and find that out plz.

Khariz
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
As we stated at the time of the GS4 conversion: players with greater than 1x brawling training (i.e., no pure caster profession) would have the option to convert. That's still the current plan, though the option will not happen until after the initial release of the profession--similar to how we handled Paladins.

Nothing has changed in that retrospect.

-GM Lothwyn

Posted like 5 seconds ago.

Lucas
02-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Pwned. I'm such a fucking genius.

Methais
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM

400m on this one.

As we stated at the time of the GS4 conversion: players with greater than 1x brawling training (i.e., no pure caster profession) would have the option to convert. That's still the current plan, though the option will not happen until after the initial release of the profession--similar to how we handled Paladins.

-GM Lothwyn

Pwned. I'm such a fucking genius.

Cough up my 400m.

Lucas
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Now cough up my 400m.

No this was all to illicit a response from the officials about monks. Everyone is welcome.

Methais
02-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Sure it was. Glad to see your word is shit. Not that I really expected otherwise though.

http://www.illinipundit.com/system/files/u367/attention_whore2.jpg

Lysander
02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Damn that sucks. So basically everyone and his mom will be able to convert. What fun is that? I wanted the profession to be exclusive get that old flare from the good old days back. This is a major bummer.

Snapp
02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I still like what someone had suggested in another thread. Put a delay on when other professions can convert.. like 6 months after release or something.

Oh, and Lucas is a moron.

Lysander
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Wish they would put a cap on the level you can convert to. Like Max 40th level or something. This is a major downer, I was wanting everyone start from scratch with monks. Don't understand how this will hurt Simu, probably help them more.

Sylvan Dreams
02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
So um Lucas, are you saying Lothwynn is lying?

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=33&topic=13&message=86

Re: Monks 08' · on 2/7/2008 8:32:06 PM http://www.play.net/images/forums/links-arrows.gif (http://forum.gsplayers.com/) 86 (http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=33&topic=13&message=86) http://www.play.net/images/transparent.gifhttp://www.play.net/images/transparent.gifhttp://www.play.net/images/forums/reply.gif (http://www.play.net/forums/post.asp?forum=102&category=33&topic=13&replyto=86) Reply (http://www.play.net/forums/post.asp?forum=102&category=33&topic=13&replyto=86)As we stated at the time of the GS4 conversion: players with greater than 1x brawling training (i.e., no pure caster profession) would have the option to convert. That's still the current plan, though the option will not happen until after the initial release of the profession--similar to how we handled Paladins.

Nothing has changed in that respect.

L

Makkah
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I still like what someone had suggested in another thread. Put a delay on when other professions can convert.. like 6 months after release or something.

Oh, and Lucas is a moron.

Um... that's what they're doing, brilliant-one. There was quite a delay put in for when paladins came out. 6 monthsish, so that's what will happen here too.

Lysander
02-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Wish it would be a couple years instead of just 6 months.

mgoddess
02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
No this was all to illicit a response from the officials about monks. Everyone is welcome.

So we can take everything you say with a pound of shit and throw the shit in your face?

Stretch
02-07-2008, 11:30 PM
So could you just wait till the six months is over, fixskill the week before, and then convert?

Zabon
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Really shitty news. Damn why the fuck does Simu put these tarded convertions in?? People will still play and people will still come back to play the monk. WTF this is worse then the warrior cleric paladin conversions at least then its somewhat restricted, now like 60% of the population can ALL be monks. What is Simu thinking? Seriously.

And to the above poster, yeah it's sounding like you can. And you don't even need to 2x, just 1.01x or just get one more rank over 1x for your level.

FinisWolf
02-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Um... that's what they're doing, brilliant-one. There was quite a delay put in for when paladins came out. 6 monthsish, so that's what will happen here too.

As I recall, I converted Finis to paladin 30 days after their release.

So could you just wait till the six months is over, fixskill the week before, and then convert?

No you had to of been a convertable profession for at least 90 days prior as I recall.

Finis

Tea & Strumpets
02-08-2008, 01:20 AM
This Lucas guy is such a stupid shithead (taking bets on this up to 400m silver).

AestheticDeath
02-08-2008, 03:09 AM

-GM Lothwyn

So who wants to buy a capped monk?

Makkah
02-08-2008, 07:50 AM
As I recall, I converted Finis to paladin 30 days after their release.

Finis

Need to check yo' shit, son.

Paladins were released on 11-20-04.
Conversions were allowed on 3-18-05.

~4 months. While it's not six, it'll do; although, I would prefer a full year.

Celephais
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I was in one of my "sabaticals" when paladins were released... how were the newbie zones the day of? I imagine it was a horrofest.

FinisWolf
02-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Need to check yo' shit, son.

Paladins were released on 11-20-04.
Conversions were allowed on 3-18-05.

~4 months. While it's not six, it'll do; although, I would prefer a full year.

I did say "as I recall". It sure as hell didn't seem like that long.

Finis

Drisco
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
So can Clerics technically switch? Cleric ---> Paladin ---> Monk?