PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Progress

Augie
01-30-2008, 07:37 PM
So today I went to the doctor for my 17 1/2 week checkup and ultrasound. It was really cool cause my parents went with me and were going to get to experience it.

The neat thing was that I was lying down and they have the little screen the tech looks at to my right, and up on the wall they mounted this HUGE flat screen plasma tv so you can watch it without having to strain yourself.

The tech starts doing all the normal scans and showing us arms and legs and the head. The cool thing was she took a pic from the top of the head and you could even see the little teeny brain inside. And the heart showed the 4 chambers distincly and the heartbeat was nice and strong (it even had a little heart monitor beating across the screen).

The baby was sucking on a thumb and had an arm over the head and was wiggling around a little bit. I have some good pics - but I have to wait to get them on a cd since I brought a dvd cause they told me they could give me the video (which they couldn't :( That was kind of stinky).

Then came the best part -- finding out what I'm going to have!! The tech asked me like 4 or 5 times if I wanted to know. She was like "So you're okay if it's a boy or girl right?" and I'm like, "Yeah." She's like "Are you sure?" and so on and so on. So I was like yup...tell me!

And ..... it's a girl!!!! I'm so excited! Now I get to go shopping yay!!!! I'll post some pics once I get them on CD. 4 1/2 months down, 4 1/2 months to go! I can't wait for July!!!

Asha
01-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Congrats on it's a girl. :)

Hips
01-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I demand pics as soon as possible!! :D

I'm so excited for you, you better buy tons of cute girly baby clothes!

Stanley Burrell
01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Congratulations!..!

It'll be a Halfling for the first two or three years. Then a Dwarf. Then a spiteful teenager.

:hug:

Amaron
01-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah Augie!!!

hugs babe and send the pics!

J

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
ALL HAIL AUGIE! FOR ADDING TO THE FUTURE POPULATION OF GEMSTONE IV!

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
20 dollars says her daughter's first character will be a giant warrior.

Gallows Thief
01-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Congrats Augie!

Anebriated
01-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Ill take that and put my money on a halfling

CrystalTears
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Yay for girls! Congrats. :)

Augie
01-31-2008, 04:27 AM
20 dollars says her daughter's first character will be a giant warrior.

Ill take that and put my money on a halfling

:lolwave: We'll have to see if GS is even around when she gets old enough to start playing. Heck, I haven't played in a while so who knows if I'd come back. We shall see.

Either way -- the best part now is being able to go SHOPPING!!!!

Stanley Burrell
01-31-2008, 04:28 AM
Time to get a maternity dress alter, oh noez!1one :(

Drisco
01-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Congrats!!

What are you going to name her?

and

I vote Cleric because the picture looks the most enticing for a little girl.

Celephais
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
What are you going to name her?
I wonder if we can BADNAME her kid if it's against policy... keep it in Genre, Augie.

Augie
01-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Congrats!!

What are you going to name her?I wonder if we can BADNAME her kid if it's against policy... keep it in Genre, Augie.

Hahaha, well Steve and I have a couple ideas in mind, but nothing finalized. As soon as we iron things out we'll fess up.

Augie
02-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Okay well...we're still hashing out middle names for her, but we did decide on a first name. Funny enough, it actually stems from one of my GS character names (it was my empath's name).

Her name is going to be Daliana.

I know it may be a little cheesy to name her after a GS character, but I really love the name and it's unique so it sticks! Now to try to figure out a middle name!

Snapp
02-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Cute name. At least you didn't name her Augie. ;)

Sean of the Thread
02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Swedish chef style: Daliana Bananana na na nana na http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKPCw7MRlg

Daliana Hannah Montana

Daliana Hulkhogan

Seriously picking names was so hard. We ended up with Kelsey Leigh and Kaitlyn Marie after much bickering and debate.

Best of luck to you on your naming journey.. it can be a real bitch.

Stanley Burrell
02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
MOON UNIT

Drisco
02-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Daliana? How do you pronounce it?

Augie
02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Daliana ... The first syllables would be like the Dahli Lama (sp?). The second half of the name is like...'on a'.

Sean of the Thread
02-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Daliana ... The first syllables would be like the Dahli Lama (sp?). The second half of the name is like...'on a'.

Goonga galoonga. Goonga goongagaloongala.

Deathravin
02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
No worries about naming her after a GS character. My wife and I have a name picked out for a girl already. It's the name she picked for her character in FFXI. It's unique enough that it's a pretty name.

Just remember; Dharma and Greg got it right (i know it's an old show but they delt with this already). You give a girl a freaky name it's really cute. But a boy will have the tar kicked out of him.