PDA

View Full Version : No Conversion For Monks

Lucas
01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
No damn conversions for monks, everyone starts from the beginning. I don't want insta-capped wait 5 minutes stir and enjoy monks running around after release. This is probably the most pissy issue with me, in fact I care more about no conversions then if they release monks this year.

And for those of you who make the idiotic arguement of "Well, it'll be best for testing out the monks blah blah blah". Whatever, please. Everyone knows you just want a capped monk and don't want to have to spend time getting there. If for some odd reason you made a brawling character before the announcment of monks as a class then you should be able to convert (as long as you never switched from that original training plan). Otherwise, suck it up and work at it to get to cap!

CrystalTears
01-30-2008, 03:50 PM
You'd rather have a few dozen monks hunting rats at the same time then? :D

Seriously though, I don't see why people shouldn't be able to convert. That's their headache if it doesn't work out when they convert and can't go back and have to live with that decision. They DID already level THAT character, so I don't see what difference it makes that the class changed.

Leveling takes long enough as it is, no point in penalizing people from trying a class that they're allowed to convert to and thus get to keep playing their favorite character.

Stunseed
01-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Let them convert, then charge 500 instead of 250 for the morons who took up being a Paladin.

Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

( My personal opinion is that neither Paladins nor Monks nor Savants should be convert classes. )

Makkah
01-30-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not opposed to converting, but only after a semi-long (6 months?) period after release to let everyone have a decent and fresh monk experience.

AestheticDeath
01-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't think anyone should be able to convert. If they allow people to convert to monks like they did paladins. Why not just let anyone have a one time conversion to ANY profession they want?

I could use a couple capped wizards. Or bards.

Lysander
01-30-2008, 04:04 PM
One of the primary reasons the game lost a great deal of interest for me was when they started doing fixskills and fixstats and all the hardwork,anticpation, and dedication toward your particular build vanished in a moment. Think about how in the future you can fixprofessions into another professions.

Personally, I say sure, you can convert BUT the maximum level you can start out as is title or 20th level. So if you're capped you'll be reduced to 20th. It's up to you. Or something like that.

The problem is there just isn't any disincentive or challenge to converting. You just walk into a Inn and convert. It ruins the game imho.

Monk
01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
NO CONVERZIONS new people need a shot at being bigshot too.

MONKS RULE 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stunseed
01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for not making a new thread for your responce. Huzzah to you.

Khariz
01-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't want conversions either.

Snapp
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm not opposed to converting, but only after a semi-long (6 months?) period after release to let everyone have a decent and fresh monk experience.

I like that idea.

Asha
01-30-2008, 04:47 PM
conversions are ridiculous. Nobody created a character of a particular profession expecting to be able to convert in the long run as a compensation, ever.
Nobody was allowed to switch from elf to aelotoi or hobbit to gnome.

It's stupid.

Methais
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't think anyone should be able to convert. If they allow people to convert to monks like they did paladins. Why not just let anyone have a one time conversion to ANY profession they want?

I could use a couple capped wizards. Or bards.

^

CrystalTears
01-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Just out of curiosity, have they said which classes would be able to convert if they did make that available?

Stunseed
01-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone who's 2x in brawling was the consensus before.

Trouble
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I voted no but I'd support the waiting period, if were it an option.

mgoddess
01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I'd only like to see conversions allowed if the account the converting character is on already has a monk of a certain level (10 or 20, depending on the monk skill/spell set). This way, people have to roll a monk up from the beginning, play with it to a certain point, and then, if they decide they really want to convert a previous (perhaps older) character to being a monk, they can.

Soulpieced
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I'd vote for no conversions. I also thought it was unfortunate when the first reallocations of skills and stats were re-released. Yes, my build wasn't perfect, but that's really what made characters who they are/were because it took so long to correct things, and if you wanted to be better, you'd just have to reroll or start a new character and try again.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Anyone who's 2x in brawling was the consensus before.

Which means any square or semi with a fixskill.

Will they let paladins convert to monks?

Aphyd
01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Having played a TWC brawling warrior who wears robes for the past 6 years...I must say i'd be kinda upset if they didn't allow conversions.

They originally stated certain classes over 1x brawling would be able to convert....after 4 years of anticipation based on this statement, i'd be pretty upset if they didn't follow through.

Stanley Burrell
01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I think only Empaths should be allowed to convert.

Latrinsorm
01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, it'll be best for testing out the monks blah blah blah.

Lucas
01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Please no conversions. I don't want to be 1k away from 50th level and go "Finally, I am the greatest monk in the lands my last and final spell I can't wait to try it out!" and some jackass who just bought his capped Paladin for 12 bucks converts to a monk comes over "Dude! Did you try out the 50th level spell huh ? huh?!" Urge to kill rising.

Monk
01-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Can someone do monks a big favor and post the link to this poll on the official monk boards on play.net. I would if I hadn't cancelled my account,will reinstate said account when uber monks come out 2008!!!!!