PDA

View Full Version : FoF, or Force on Force

radamanthys
01-30-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm having trouble finding solid information on this:

I'm a 40th sorcerer. FoF wrecks me occasionally, and is annoying the rest of the time. I was considering dropping 5 ranks into MoC for now (have 600 or so spare PTP), in order to negate a critter's effect. However, the site says 15 is the minimum to negate one critter. Krakiipedia says 5. A chart on Krakiipedia says 10.

Is it even worth the TPs? Do I have a better use for them at this point (see below)?

Just looking for clarification and/or advice.

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use...........................| 20 4
Physical Fitness...................| 102 24
Arcane Symbols...................| 142 42
Magic Item Use....................| 142 42
Spell Aiming.........................| 184 84
Harness Power.....................| 151 51
Elemental Mana Control.........| 142 42
Spirit Mana Control...............| 142 42
Sorcerous Lore - Demonology..| 140 40
Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy..| 5 1
Perception............................| 142 42
Climbing...............................| 50 10
Swimming.............................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental..............| 30

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit...................| 20

Spell Lists
Sorcerer.......................| 40

Sean of the Thread
01-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Not sure at level 40. Temple on up MOC training was awesome for my sorc.

Celephais
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM
At 40 rarely should you be in a swarm long enough to worry about FoF DS issues. If your DS is seriously hurting you might consider shield/brawl, or training in more spell ranks for some extra DS (although 600ish PTPs is only going to buy you 5 DS or so).

What is your hunting tactic that you're in swarms long enough for them to cause an issue? Are you not properly disabling a swarm, or are you going into offensive stance in them?

radamanthys
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Rada, being a pure, is rather fragile, and I'm not necessarily the best at paying close attention. Anything that can mitigate the effect would be peachy.

I think I roll around 360 or so DS, normally. It's the not-so-normal times that I worry about. Somehow it seems that just when I get knocked down, 3 more critters show up.

mgoddess
01-30-2008, 05:34 PM
If you cast in offensive, go with using a shield over a runestaff... shields offer their full DS-bonus in offensive, compared to runestaves and their piddly 50%-or-less in offensive. Runestaves can also be disarmed, where shields can't (easily). (I'm a huge fan of shields for pures... my wizard, sorc, and empath all started out with runestaves and once they tried shields, they'll never look back (except for the stupid runestaff-only charm-things).)

From my notes on MoC...

The amount of Multi-Opponent Combat training required to fully offset another attacker has been adjusted to come at ranks 10, 25, 45, and every 25 ranks thereafter. (10, 25, 45, 70, 95, 120, 145, 170, 195)

radamanthys
01-30-2008, 06:11 PM
If I fight in offensive, I die, heh. I typically stay in guarded. The DS issue isn't really what gets me... most stuff can't directly hurt me. It's the FoF, the knockdowns, etc. Plus my own piss-poor hunting skill doesn't help, either.

Latrinsorm
01-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Worth noting is that, unlike mstrike, FoF benefits can be partial, so any number of ranks will provide some benefit.

Stanley Burrell
01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
There are so many things beyond critter level and number (of critters) tied into FoF formulae that it makes my teeth itch just thinking about it.

Ninja-math this mofo, Latrin!!!!!!!!!!!!11! Hoduken and/or Kahmehameha wave. Go.

Sean of the Thread
01-30-2008, 07:27 PM
If I fight in offensive, I die, heh. I typically stay in guarded. The DS issue isn't really what gets me... most stuff can't directly hurt me. It's the FoF, the knockdowns, etc. Plus my own piss-poor hunting skill doesn't help, either.

Well when there is a shit fuck of mobs ... drop an open 720 and change rooms.

Lol.