PDA

View Full Version : Design Help for Dwarven Runestaff

BigWorm
01-26-2008, 03:14 PM
So I have a little Dwarven empath now and I just fixskilled him to a pure, so I'm trying to put together some good ideas for a Dwarven themed runestaff. I'd like to work around a theme of blued mithril, because I'm probably going to pick Mithrenek Clan for his culture, but I know that runestaves must be made mostly from wood. I haven't thought of many good ways to work with this, so I was hoping someone else might have some good ideas.

My current idea is something like a silvery orase runestuff capped with an orb of blue mithril. Any ideas of where to go with this?

Fallen
01-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I would say because it is dwarven, it should be functional and without much adornment. Dwarves are known for practicality, and for usually squared or blockish designs. I also do not believe a dwarf would be above cranking someone over the head with their staff if the opportunity arose, so the idea that it could possibly make a serviceable weapon could perhaps be worked into the design. Fitting metal adornments for a dwarven item would be invar, with their most prominent patron being Eonak.

Stanley Burrell
01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I would say because it is dwarven, it should be functional and without much adornment. Dwarves are known for practicality, and for usually squared or blockish designs. I also do not believe a dwarf would be above cranking someone over the head with their staff if the opportunity arose, so the idea that it could possibly make a serviceable weapon could perhaps be worked into the design. Fitting metal adornments for a dwarven item would be invar, with their most prominent patron being Eonak.

Alter that shiznod like you were Plur before plain became a base adjective:

"A nondescript Dwarven (rune)staff."

SHOW: Nothing to see here, move along.