PDA

View Full Version : Help designing a gnomish tinkerer outfit

whorrak
01-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm looking to alter a couple of items on my locksmithing gnome. I'm going for a gear/cog, tinkerer theme... Here's what he's currently wearing:

You are wearing a crystal amulet, a back-split dark velvet frock coat with exaggerated cuffs, a pair of dark crystal-lensed spectacles, a handsome dark cranberry silk shirt, a cranberry spidersilk satchel, a vaalin ring, an iron and mithril band, a dark leather locksmith's pouch, some tight leather pants and a pair of enchanting black boots buttoned with white opals.

The vaalin ring currently has a show of: "The face of the vaalin ring is engraved with a series of interlocking cogs and gears that join on either side of a finely rendered lock."

- - - - - - - - - -

Based on a recommendation on the official forums, I was thinking of changing the ring to "an opalescent thick vaalin band" with a show of "Precisely measured segments have been cut from the face of the thick vaalin band, forming what would otherwise appear to be a tiny white cog. A thin translucent pattern swirls over the metal's surface with the available light, shifting into brilliant rainbows as it dips down into each notch."

I was thinking of changing the coat to "A knee-length dark velvet frock coat embroidered across the back with a circular pattern of interlocking cogs and gears surrounding a finely rendered lock."

I want to get rid of the opals on the boots and at least substitute a pair of opalescent or blood red scarabs. I'm not sure what else to change, though.

For the glasses, I was thinking of something like "some intricate artisan spectacles with additional lenses set on tiny adjustable arms." I'm going for something that looks like a watchmaker's glasses, with the extra lenses / magnifying glasses on the little arms.

Any advice/help/recommendations would be most appreciated. Mainly, I don't want to end up in the Ugly Alters thread. :p

Stanley Burrell
01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
"Some (chain) mail of (interlinking) gnarled sprockets and cogs."

Stanley Burrell
01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh, and widgets.

Don't forget widgets.

This makes me think of the Desert Gnomes from KoL. Go, go, supertinkering!

whorrak
01-24-2008, 11:26 AM
"Some (chain) mail of (interlinking) gnarled sprockets and cogs."

He's purely a locksmith, though. He never hunts, so he doesn't ever wear armor.

Don't forget widgets.

Oddly enough, I never even thought of widgets. Thanks!

Methais
01-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Whatever you make, make sure it says "For Gnomeregan!" on it.

Seriously you should try and get that on at least one piece just to see if you can get it past the merchant. Simu would look really stupid then.

whorrak
01-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Whatever you make, make sure it says "For Gnomeregan!" on it.

Seriously you should try and get that on at least one piece just to see if you can get it past the merchant. Simu would look really stupid then.

The whole reason I went back to Gemstone was to get some RP in my RPGs. I'd rather not help track the WoW, ShadowBane, etc mud into Gemstone.

Stunseed
01-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I found this in my locker...I'm pretty sure it's a wearable lockpick...

a small silver widget suspended from a linked steel chain

LMingrone
01-25-2008, 11:01 PM
get a mechanical burghal gnome pin
The burghal gnome pin is small and mechanical, made up of various tiny gears and other parts to resemble a miniature metal version of the real thing. A small silver cord hangs down from the back of the piece while the jointed legs and arms sway to the slightest movement.

>poke pin
You press your finger against the burghal gnome pin and a small metallic voice pipes at you, "Another bad hair day, ugly?"
>poke pin
You press your finger against the burghal gnome pin and a small metallic voice pipes at you, "Yer cog's showin', stoopid! Ha ha!"
>poke pin
You press your finger against the burghal gnome pin and a small metallic voice pipes at you, "Stop poking me!"
>poke pin
You press your finger against the burghal gnome pin and a small metallic voice pipes at you, "Did yer muddah dress you this mornin',
>You turn your burghal gnome pin upside down, causing its jointed arms and legs to flail around before settling in a peculiar fashion. A small metallic voice pipes, "Rasshafrashingrah!", along with a slew of unprintables before it swings itself back rightside up.

whorrak
01-26-2008, 12:31 PM
get a mechanical burghal gnome pin
The burghal gnome pin is small and mechanical, made up of various tiny gears and other parts to resemble a miniature metal version of the real thing. A small silver cord hangs down from the back of the piece while the jointed legs and arms sway to the slightest movement.

That's awesome... I might just have to do that. Thanks.

LMingrone
01-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Please tell me you didn't go to St. Stans in New Haven Whorrak. HAHAHH. I know you IRL.

whorrak
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Please tell me you didn't go to St. Stans in New Haven Whorrak. HAHAHH. I know you IRL.

omfg lolz irl imo

Stanley Burrell
01-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm almost on Dixwell, so I can almost strangle people.

Gangster lean,

- Stan

Methais
01-26-2008, 06:37 PM
http://209.172.60.165/36/36275/36275371/36275371_2b6777a81155868566.jpg

Stanley Burrell
01-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't remember taking that.