PDA

View Full Version : Last Names

Czeska
12-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the proposal to make players able to take each others last names?
Ie, in the case of marriage, adoption, etc.

HarmNone
12-12-2003, 11:10 AM
That is an idea that has been discussed for years. Perhaps, with the new coding base it will be a possibility. I would not expect it to be a high-priority change, though. :(

HarmNone

Czeska
12-12-2003, 11:11 AM
From what I heard it was part of the reason new characters don't get last names now. That supposedly you'll have to be titled, and check into Moot Hall (or the equivalent).
Can't remember if this was a Simucon thing or what...

HarmNone
12-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Hmm. Hopefully, it will be coming in the second group of changes to GSIV. It would be a welcome addition for many, I know. :)

HarmNone

Anebriated
12-12-2003, 09:54 PM
It was posted on the *real* boards awhile back i believe. Names will be able to be shared between multiple chars to signify families and clans. It is the reason that characters no longer gain last names and it is also the reason that family fame was done away with.

Kurapira
12-12-2003, 11:28 PM
So what are they going to do with the people that already have last names? Do you have to sacrifice it to be able to adopt the other last name..or can you hyphenate (ack!) it?

Kitsun
12-12-2003, 11:40 PM
I believe you can have someone adopt yours, or have someone else's override your own. I'm not sure the hypenation deal was even mentioned.

Anebriated
12-12-2003, 11:44 PM
From what i understand Kitsun is right. You will have the option of keeping the one you have, taking someone elses, and passing it down to others. Not exactly sure how it will work though.