PDA

View Full Version : More stuff

AestheticDeath
01-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Willing to take trades and reasonable counter offers.

a gold-veined glowbark siege arbalest - 75m
- self ammo crossbow
- +27 heavy crossbow
- makes +10 bolts with mech flares
- the bolts flare every shot, and in the same area you hit, unless that area was destroyed.
- You see a gold-veined glowbark siege arbalest which is cocked and loaded with a blade-tipped slender black bolt.
Crafted from a fine piece of glowbark, the siege arbalest has been meticulously sanded, stained a deep black, and polished to a high gloss by a skilled elven bowyer. A narrow channel, dusted with bits of golden fletchings, runs down the length of the tiller. A well-oiled pulley and tackle constructed from vaalorn is designed for the rapid cocking and discharging of missiles. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

>kneel
fire
You kneel down.
>You fire a blade-tipped slender black bolt at a krolvin warfarer!
AS: +261 vs DS: +141 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +20 = +175
... and hit for 44 points of damage!
Nailed in lower back!
The krolvin warfarer is stunned!

** As the bolt pierces the warfarer's , the small spring-loaded blades attached to the head suddenly spring open with incredible force! **
... 25 points of damage!
Feint left spins the krolvin warfarer around!
Jagged slash to lower back.
The bolt crumbles into tiny fragments, leaving a gaping wound in its place.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

a dark grey leather cuirass - 50m
- +40 brig
- heavy crit padded
- 22 lbs, lightened once

a massive glaes war claidhmore - 40m
- +15
- newstyle
- 18 lbs
- This deadly claidhmore is crafted to perfection, a worthy weapon befitting a true warlord. Carved and perfectly tempered glaes forms the massive blade that ends at the top in a razor serration the likes of which would scare a boulder. Veil iron rings line the pommel, carved into deadly serpents shown devouring their own tails. The butt end of the weapon has been fashioned into a snake's head cast of silver, with dark rubies for eyes, it's mouth agape as if preparing to strike.

some engraved Faendryl full plate - 20m
- +20
- heavy crit padded
- Snakestone pauldrons/zests
- 69/665
- 66 lbs

a marbled grey imflass mattock with rich cordovan leather braided about its shaft - 15m
- +12
- very heavy crit weighted
- 8 lbs

some silk-laced grey leather cuirbouilli - 15m
- +10
- very heavy crit padded
- 15 lbs (light?)
- The cuirass and vambraces are crafted from soft grey leather fitted snugly for a elven size. Braided crimson silk cords lace up either side and run the underarms offering adjustability, their slack dangling delicately. A complex woven silk gauze shirt runs the interior, the weave folding in an odd fashion as if it's designed to add protection. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

some enormous black field-plate - 14m
- 5x (+25) full plate
- somewhat crit padded
- 50 lbs, 69/665
- scripted
- cannot be inspected to get the base metal
- You see your field-plate. The sheer size of this armor is frightening. The breastplate and greaves have been fluted in an effort to reduce the weight of the platemail while maintaining its strength and durability. A thin layer of black lacquer has been applied to it's surface to prevent it from rusting to the elements. Emblazoned upon the chest is a detailed image of a charging red bull.

Your field-plate is hinged to allow adjustability. Your field-plate is loosely worn.
pull field - You adjust your field-plate's positioning.
look field - Your field-plate is hinged to allow adjustability. Your field-plate is properly girded.
push field - You adjust your field-plate to a more comfortable position.
look field - Your field-plate is hinged to allow adjustability. Your field-plate is loosely worn.

a perfect elven-crafted vultite mattock - 10m
- +20
- perfect forging, +3 AvD and 6% bonus to DF and breakage
- Knockout flares
- 6 lbs
>amb rolt head
You swing a perfect vultite mattock at a rolton!
AS: +67 vs DS: +52 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +51 = +101
... and hit for 1 point of damage!
Love tap upside the rolton's head!
You smack the rolton with your vultite mattock on one side of her head, then reverse direction and crack her across the other!

The rolton wobbles a bit then dramatically falls to the ground!
... 30 points of damage!
Mighty swing separates head from shoulders.
The rolton lets out a final agonized bleat and dies.

some ora-scaled kiramon shell brigandine - 1m
- +10 brig
- resist slash and puncture
- vulnerable to crush

See my characters for sale here (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=19678)

Methais
01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
a massive glaes war claidhmore

This item sucks for not knowing calculus.

Summertime
01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
a marbled grey imflass mattock with rich cordovan leather braided about its shaft - 15m
- +12
- very heavy crit weighted
- 8 lbs

ZOMG!!!?!?!?!

AD is really Ricardo Montalban!?!? >_<

KAAAAAAAHHHHNNNNN!

a massive glaes war claidhmore - 40m

I always confuse this one with the massive glaes tea-party claidhmore :(

Lord Nelek
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
20m on the 10x fulls

AestheticDeath
01-27-2008, 11:17 PM
kneel
fire
You kneel down.
>You fire a blade-tipped slender black bolt at a krolvin warfarer!
AS: +261 vs DS: +134 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +58 = +220
... and hit for 64 points of damage!
Damaging strike to chest, several ribs shattered!
The krolvin warfarer is stunned!

** As the bolt pierces the warfarer's , the small spring-loaded blades attached to the head suddenly spring open with incredible force! **
... 1 point of damage!
Deft slash across chest draws blood!
The krolvin warfarer takes a deep breath.
The krolvin warfarer crashes to the floor in a plume of dust.
The deep blue glow leaves a krolvin warfarer.
The bright luminescence fades from around a krolvin warfarer.
The light blue glow leaves a krolvin warfarer.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a krolvin warfarer.
The bolt crumbles into tiny fragments, leaving a gaping wound in its place.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

Just thought this was funny...

Fallen
01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Mechanical flares are awesome.

Gan
01-28-2008, 07:45 AM
ZOMG!!!?!?!?!

AD is really Ricardo Montalban!?!? >_<

KAAAAAAAHHHHNNNNN!

I always confuse this one with the massive glaes tea-party claidhmore :(

Its corinthian leather. (roll the r)

Yes, thats going way back.

AestheticDeath
02-02-2008, 07:29 PM
bump - new items at the top

AestheticDeath
02-05-2008, 12:08 AM
happy invasion day

radamanthys
02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
invasion day?

AestheticDeath
02-05-2008, 12:55 AM
grimsworn invaded today... not a real holiday, just tired of saying bump

AestheticDeath
02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
bump - added show to the 5x brig, not sure how I forgot that

AestheticDeath
02-11-2008, 12:34 AM
bump - fixed the alter and show of the arbalest

Lord Nelek
02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Does that hatchet make noise when you wave it?

AestheticDeath
02-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Nope, no scripts.

Izzaac at www.gsauctions.com (http://www.gsauctions.com), suggested the weapon had been annealed.

Upon checking breakage, it seems he was correct.

Breakage 35/150
8x, not blessable, 5 lbs

AestheticDeath
02-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Lowered the price on the annealed axe. 13m

Cheap for 8x.

Methais
02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
I don't get why annealed items still sell for less than non-annealed items. It's not like breakage is ever going to happen.

Lord Nelek
02-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I can't speak for annealed items but most of his items aren't selling because they're overpriced.

Celephais
02-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I understand annealing lowers it's breakage... is that what some merchants had done to raise the enchant or something?

AestheticDeath
02-21-2008, 05:19 PM
It is just buyer perspective. Same reason people still pay more for golvern, and veil iron or eahnor. Stuff like that. Though those are a bit more decorative as well.

And Nelek you obviously don't have a grasp of the market. None of my stuff is seriously overpriced. Each thing on my list has sold for that price or more at some point. Except for a few of the newer items like the perfect mattock, which has no real market value as such right now since there are so few of them. The imflass mattock is the only other thing which might be overpriced.

thefarmer
02-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I understand annealing lowers it's breakage... is that what some merchants had done to raise the enchant or something?

Annealing was done quite awhile back as basically a trade-off effect for high enchanted items. Kind of like the current day resistance merchants. Buy resistance, get a weakness.

I think I got one weapon done by Hortinger as a gift for someone, but other than that I never bothered with it.

thefarmer
02-21-2008, 05:56 PM
It is just buyer perspective. Same reason people still pay more for golvern, and veil iron or eahnor. Stuff like that. Though those are a bit more decorative as well.

And Nelek you obviously don't have a grasp of the market. None of my stuff is seriously overpriced. Each thing on my list has sold for that price or more at some point. Except for a few of the newer items like the perfect mattock, which has no real market value as such right now since there are so few of them. The imflass mattock is the only other thing which might be overpriced.

Knowing the owner he bought quite abit of that from, I'll back up AE's post.

The only reason he has it is because the owner needed some quick cash (quick as in that day) for some RL shit that came down.

Lord Nelek
02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
He might have paid those prices for the items, but that doesn't mean they're actually worth it in todays market. If his prices are fair, why aren't the items selling? He's been selling the same items for quite awhile now...

Celephais
02-21-2008, 09:32 PM
He might have paid those prices for the items, but that doesn't mean they're actually worth it in todays market. If his prices are fair, why aren't the items selling? He's been selling the same items for quite awhile now...
Clearly you know nothing about merchanting... you wait till someone who doesn't have patience sells something, buy it, and then hold onto the item until someone who really wants the item buys it.

He's not exactly in a rush. The items are worth it, when someone wants it, they'll pay for it.

Lord Nelek
02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I guess I just have a different approach to merchanting.. I'd rather move my items and actually sell them than hold on for a higher price. That's probably why pretty much all of my items have sold.

Typically if nobody wants the item for the price listed, it's probably overpriced and then you would lower the price until someone buys it.

Drisco
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I guess I just have a different approach to merchanting.. I'd rather move my items and actually sell them than hold on for a higher price. That's probably why pretty much all of my items have sold.

Typically if nobody wants the item for the price listed, it's probably overpriced and then you would lower the price until someone buys it.

I disagree a lot, but I'm not gonna get into it. Just stating my opinion on the matter.

AestheticDeath
02-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Nelek, an items price is not the only reason it may or may not sell. You have to take into consideration the rarity and the demand. And you have to test the market. Just because something sold for 10m yesterday or last week, doesn't mean you can't get 10.5m today.

And you and I do have a different approach on merchanting. So far it seems mine is more successful.

Its buy low, sell high. Not buy quick, sell quick. If it takes me longer to sell something, that's fine. I make a higher percentage for less work. I am in no hurry.

The items I have for sale currently haven't moved because I haven't found the one person who likes the item and the price. I have sold thousands of items in the few years I have played this game, and every one of those items, whether some people thought the prices were high, it sold because one person, just one, thought the price was right.

For every person who tells me my items are overpriced I have at least five tell me they wish they had the coin so they could snap it up. Of all the ones who hold out for me to lower the price to something they can afford, or something they think is a better deal they can make profit on themselves, one person will decide the price is right, and that is all it takes for the rest of them to be left standing there saying, "Damn it, why did I wait? I wanted that."

If I have to wait a month or even six months to find that one person, so be it.

Remember the VLA pin worns I was selling for 6-7m? You offered 3m, and I sold each one of them for 6-7m. A very common price. The 10x leathers you offered 20m for when I was asking 40m? I have two offers of 35m. Because I waited.

It might be high, but it's never too high if it sells.

Some prices may be wrong. A lot of the time it is just guesswork when I price an item. More often than not, I ask someone who knows more about the items than I do. My advisers such as they are could be wrong just as much as myself. As such I might haggle to sell an item. It depends on the item.

But I never welcome an offer of half what I am asking, I will just tell you to piss off.

AestheticDeath
02-26-2008, 01:27 AM
bump

willing to lower some prices if you pay in cash