01-14-2008, 12:43 PM
16. an old cracked leather belt pouch 175k

Anebriated
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
16. 250k

Lord Nelek
01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Hello,

I want to thank you all for the bids, but I was looking for more of a flat priced sale. I'll go ahead and let the bids run if there is more interest that would drive the price up closer to market value.

nocturnix
01-15-2008, 11:33 AM
If its a flat-priced sale, then you would post the "flat" prices...no?

Gan
01-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Silly, he's using the Tsin flat pricing method. ;)

I saw the thread title but in absence of the flat prices requested I assumed he meant he wanted to entertain bids.

Several items on that list I like, but I'm not going to counter bid a friend who needs that item just for me to resale it.

Anebriated
01-15-2008, 12:35 PM
gay

Lord Nelek
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I didn't list prices because I want to speak with the person who is interested in the item. That allows me to judge the amount of interest, and change my price accordingly. If I post a price that they don't like, I miss out on having a conversation about the item when I may have been willing to negotiate the price down.

nocturnix
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm still confused.

Anebriated
01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm still confused.

:yeahthat:

BigWorm
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
I didn't list prices because I want to speak with the person who is interested in the item. That allows me to judge the amount of interest, and change my price accordingly. If I post a price that they don't like, I miss out on having a conversation about the item when I may have been willing to negotiate the price down.

So basically, the Tsin system. Bleed them for ever silver you can ;).

CrystalTears
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
You're better off just putting this in the auction section, because requesting flat fees when you're not asking for a specific fee is terribly misleading. You're negotiating, and that's not flat.

nocturnix
01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
You're better off just putting this in the auction section, because requesting flat fees when you're not asking for a specific fee is terribly misleading. You're negotiating, and that's not flat.

/agreed

Gan
01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
gay

Oh, so you want me to bid against you. I see how it is.

FINE.

Gan
01-15-2008, 05:10 PM
So basically, the Tsin system. Bleed them for ever silver you can ;).

http://www.burning-pants.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/bullseye.jpg

Lord Nelek
01-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I think most people would like to get as many silvers as possible for their items when selling them.

I'll just make this easy for everyone and end this sale.

Gan
01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
:shit:

CrystalTears
01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I think most people would like to get as many silvers as possible for their items when selling them.
Of course. It's called an auction with minimum bids and buyout offers, and let people duke it out for it.

I'll just make this easy for everyone and end this sale.
Lame.

Anebriated
01-16-2008, 12:47 PM
so did i win items or no?

Gan
01-16-2008, 01:11 PM
10 to 1 its a no.

:lol:

Anebriated
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
gay

Lord Nelek
01-16-2008, 04:14 PM
The 3 pound LA bags are going for a million.

I would need a little more for my 1 pound LA pouch. I'll take 1.25m for it. Let me know if you're interested.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I think you just blew your reputation for selling things on this board.

CrystalTears
01-16-2008, 04:45 PM
You want a million for a 3 lbs LA bag? What's it made of?

Gan
01-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Tightly woven spidersilk sacks (either #16 or 17 on the OP list) will run between 500k to a million depending on how exciting the bidding gets. I still have one and I'm not letting loose of it because of its uberness.

I remember buying the sack I have about 6 years ago for 200k or so. It was part of Ganalon's outfit since he was old enough to hunt the lake in Solhaven back in GS3.

Lord Nelek
01-16-2008, 07:14 PM
You want a million for a 3 lbs LA bag? What's it made of?

Go look through the recent auctions on this board. One just sold for a million.

It's called a salt-stained leather plunder bag.

Look them up on playershops.com. They will all be priced around a million.

Offer one up for sale on the landing amunet, it will be sold quickly for a million.

Halstein
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Doubt you'll find anything quickly sold by you on these boards following this little fiasco

Lord Nelek
01-16-2008, 08:12 PM
So to recap..

I post a list of items in the flat-priced folder, saying to contact me if you're interested.

Random people post bids in the thread.

I say thanks, but I was looking to let them go at a flat price, no auction.

And then you people throw a hissy fit and say I'll never sell anything on these boards again?

Did I miss something or are a few of you just being ridiculous? Were you expecting to get items worth a million silvers for a few 100k? Is that why you're throwing a temper tantrum?

I think I pretty clearly stated to contact me if you're interested. If you assumed that no prices listed meant a free for all bidding war, that's your mistake and you should have read my post more carefully. You probably should have also checked which folder the thread was started in, because unless I can't read, it doesn't say an auction folder. If the flat-priced folder means that you have to include the price of the item in your post, then perhaps someone should update the folder to state that. Otherwise, take some time to actually read what people post.

I listed my items, I said to contact me if you're interested. I didn't want to invest the time in having an auction. I wanted to know who was interested in what, and if you had an offer that was close to the price I had in mind, the deal would have been made. This should have been very simple, but a few of you have decided to queer this whole thing up.

I'm an honest guy and I'm easy to work with, but for the few of you who are here to play the drama game, please do so with someone else, as I'm not interested.

CrystalTears
01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I think I pretty clearly stated to contact me if you're interested. If you assumed that no prices listed meant a free for all bidding war, that's your mistake and you should have read my post more carefully. You probably should have also checked which folder the thread was started in, because unless I can't read, it doesn't say an auction folder. If the flat-priced folder means that you have to include the price of the item in your post, then perhaps someone should update the folder to state that. Otherwise, take some time to actually read what people post.

Then maybe you need to learn to read. The description of the folder you posted in states as follows:

Flat Priced Sales (http://forum.gsplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
Offers of single items, sets, lots or services with one upfront asking price.

If what you wanted to do was field out offers and ideas for bids on your items, then this needed to go elsewhere. This is the place to go to find an item, pay what is requested, pick up and move on. This is not where you negotiate.

What occured here is that people were pointing this out to you, and instead of saying, oh wait, it was placed wrong, my bad, you cried like a skinned knee child, took your toys and left the sandbox. That is why people are going to be a little soured with your auctions now.

AestheticDeath
01-16-2008, 08:21 PM
AH HA! Proof we need to get rid of all the damned ridiculous folderS and for once get back to the old style all-in-one sales folder.

Even the old time PCers dont understand this damn multi-folder thing.

I call for a re-vote....

Lord Nelek
01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Alright, my bad, apparently I do need to learn how to read.

My final comments on the subject: What AestheticDeath said should probably be looked into.

What's the folder for - Here's what I got, if you are interested, let me know and let's work something out?

Lord Nelek
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
After reading the descriptions of each folder, I was screwed anyway, as none of the folders pertain to what I need.

I'm not looking for an appraisal, I don't have a set price, it's not an auction, not a trade, I don't want anything, no characters being sold, no silvers being sold either and I wouldn't consider what I had to be high end.

I guess a guy can't win.

Gan
01-16-2008, 09:38 PM
After reading the descriptions of each folder, I was screwed anyway, as none of the folders pertain to what I need.

I'm not looking for an appraisal, I don't have a set price, it's not an auction, not a trade, I don't want anything, no characters being sold, no silvers being sold either and I wouldn't consider what I had to be high end.

I guess a guy can't win.

Actually, you've defined a need that the merchant folder and subfolders here dont address.

We need a folder where people can throw items up that they're willing to sell but dont have a firm idea for a price. Kind of like an availability folder.

For sale - no price.

I'm not in a creative mood so I suggest we offer it up for suggestions.

AestheticDeath
01-16-2008, 10:08 PM
No no no.. . We just need the old Merchants Market back, with one folder. You choose what you want your thread to be about and how the sale runs.

nocturnix
01-17-2008, 02:44 PM
No no no.. . We just need the old Merchants Market back, with one folder. You choose what you want your thread to be about and how the sale runs.

I prefer the current method of breaking down the merchant's market into sub-folders. There would be just too much chaos and confusion with one folder. GS is not like other games in almost every way, merchanting and bartering included. There is a suprisingly advanced economy in GS.

I'm trying to figure out what niche it is that Nelek and a few others seem to have or want regarding merchanting.

This is how I understand the three current methods of selling used on this forum:

1. Flat priced, or FIXED price sales.
2. Auction, this generally has some kind of time constraint on it, and minimum bids.
3. The Tsin(as some have said) or Nelek version - no minimum bid, no going once, twice, sold, no end date. No fixed price. Its sort of a "try and guess what its worth and I will either laugh at you, tell you its too low, or accept your offer".

So in my opinion, the potential solutions are very simple and straight-forward:

1. More clearly define and enforce the rules
2. Create a new section for this type of non-descript, vague selling.

Anebriated
01-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I prefer the current method of breaking down the merchant's market into sub-folders. There would be just too much chaos and confusion with one folder.

We lived with it that way for a good 4 years(after the board conversion) before it was changed. Cant be that chaotic...

AestheticDeath
01-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, its only recently we have done it this way, and I just can't stand it. I shut up for a while though because it seemed a small majority wanted the new way.

Anebriated
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, its only recently we have done it this way, and I just can't stand it. I shut up for a while though because it seemed a small majority wanted the new way.

:yeahthat:

If the mods TRUELY BELIEVE that it should be broken up into groups then go with these groups. Silvers, Characters, Items, WTB, Miscellaneous.

Asha
01-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Does Satira even post anymore?

Kitsun
01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
The mods have been insanely quiet lately. Is Satira still the Merchant market mod?

Asha
01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
The mods have been insanely quiet lately. Is Satira still the Merchant market mod?

More fun Less tedium!

AestheticDeath
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
As far as I know she is still the mod, but it doesn't look like she has logged on in over a month or something.

Hips
01-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Satira stepped down, I believe.

Stanley Burrell
01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
The mods have been insanely quiet lately. Is Satira still the Goddess of All Things Worldly and e-Based?

Yes.

Anebriated
01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Id say lets stir things up but id much rather have minimal mod interference and live with the shitty folder setup.