PDA

View Full Version : Help me flesh out an idea of mine.

AnticorRifling
12-11-2003, 07:46 PM
I play Anticor as an Ishan(wanderer or seeker) of the Grot'karesh(giantman clan often the magic users blah blah blah). I was reading the documents avalible and I was thinking it would be nice to have another title for a different caste of giantkin inside the clan. This would be more the protectors of the homeland and guardians of the Ishan. Kind of like body guards if you will.

I know the Ishan don't really need them but it would be someone that would look out for the other giant while he was in his deep meditation or researching the magic.

I invision a giantman that is a master in brawling weapons. So this would be kind of the bone breaking, doesn't show signs of being armed, get in your face when provoked bouncer type. I'm not talking hidden ninja I want a bulk of protection that is seen but is viewed as unarmed unless he's dealing pain with some small brawling weapon.

What are your thoughts on this and what would you call the caste?

Skirmisher
12-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Sounds like a neat idea and one that has much more functionality with the skills that can now be trained in.

Makkah
12-11-2003, 07:51 PM
Anticor is too pussy to bodyguard anything.

rht

Skirmisher
12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Actually, he would be the one being guarded if I understood correctly. :)

AnticorRifling
12-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Yeah I would have a body guard. This isn't a walk around and kill things for me idea. Just more of a fleshing out the clan and giving a different caste to the system. I don't want them to be below me in the clan just equal clansmen with a different job.

I have a Grot'karesh warrior I play in this fashion I just don't see any documentation to the idea and would like to present some to Simu so I was asking for ideas.

Makkah is just mad because he's a Tehir and as such is forced to wear a silly bathrobe.

Stunseed
12-11-2003, 10:37 PM
I don't know, but my Giantman Cleric is vera much exactly what you just described. A brawling monster of a Giant, stands quite confident amoung the rest, and has been known to bitch-slap an offender with a razorpaw. He just happens to also be quite insane. I'm interested in what you find. U2U me if anything comes out of it.

Love you Jolena!

Kurili
12-12-2003, 12:08 AM
The Faendryl have similar, Anticor. The Palestra are warriors trained in the arts of war, and also enough in magic to (hopefully) be able to keep demons controlled (and the summoner protected) after they're summoned while the summoner is still weakened. Among other things. So I dont see why your idea would be farfetched at all. Sounds like a winner to me.

Acolyte Kurili

AnticorRifling
12-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Sweet now I just have to draw up a proposal. Any ideas as to a name for this class of giantman inside the Grot'karesh?

Parkbandit
12-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Yeah I would have a body guard. This isn't a walk around and kill things for me idea. Just more of a fleshing out the clan and giving a different caste to the system. I don't want them to be below me in the clan just equal clansmen with a different job.

I have a Grot'karesh warrior I play in this fashion I just don't see any documentation to the idea and would like to present some to Simu so I was asking for ideas.

Makkah is just mad because he's a Tehir and as such is forced to wear a silly bathrobe.

How much does it pay? :roll: