PDA

View Full Version : Spring-loaded bracer

Beldonn
01-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Arite, I've held onto this forever, but me rogue only picks now, and doesn't need such a nifty toy.

What could I get for a spring-loaded bracer? One o' dem dagger holders. The 1 dagger holders I know go for up to 400k, usually 250k, and I hear the 3 dagger holders go for up to 2-3mil, but I've yet to see one FOR sale....Well..

A polished steel forearm guard
Capacity: 5 daggers
Wristworn

What's this worth? Thoughts? Thank ya!

Nilandia
01-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Arite, I've held onto this forever, but me rogue only picks now, and doesn't need such a nifty toy.

What could I get for a spring-loaded bracer? One o' dem dagger holders. The 1 dagger holders I know go for up to 400k, usually 250k, and I hear the 3 dagger holders go for up to 2-3mil, but I've yet to see one FOR sale....Well..

A polished steel forearm guard
Capacity: 5 daggers
Wristworn

What's this worth? Thoughts? Thank ya!
I believe this is a spring-loaded thrown weapons sheath from the shop called Smokestack Tossables on the 2004 Dhu Gillywack. It is not one of Sproink's. Rather, you can load thrown weapons into it, up to 5 as was mentioned, and then tap the sheath to retrieve them one at a time.

In fact, I happen to have one.

You remove a polished steel forearm guard from in your leather purse.

You slip the guard into place and carefully buckle it.

You remove a pure white eahnor poignard etched with elven runes from in your clasped silk cloak.

You load your poignard into the guard where it *clicks* into place.

Inside the guard, you see a moonstone-set vaalorn bodice dagger, a fine monir-hilted vultite dagger, a rose-etched black vultite dagger, an ivory-hilted gold mithglin bodice dagger and a pure white eahnor poignard etched with elven runes.

You slap at your steel forearm guard and with a strident *click*, your white eahnor poignard springs into your hand!

You put a pure white eahnor poignard etched with elven runes in your clasped silk cloak.

You slap at your steel forearm guard but other than a faint *click*, nothing happens.

You remove a flowing red linen scarf from in your leather purse.

The guard only holds weapons.

You carefully unbuckle your steel forearm guard and slip it off.

Gretchen

Kembal
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
It only takes daggers? Sadness.

Nilandia
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Only thrown weapons. I just tried to put a main gauche in mine and got this:

The guard can only accommodate hurled weapons.

Strangely, I couldn't fit a javelin in mine or another that holds a medium amount, again told that it only holds hurled weapons. Javelins used to be classified as polearms, I believe, so it could be a relic of old code.

Gretchen

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I have a few of the thrown weapon thingies, and a couple other bracers that hold anything.

The guards should also be able to accomodate darts, FYI.

Cap'nDrak
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey, if ya hammer in a price on that, or know of anyone else looking to part with one, drop me a line. I would love to load that with feras daggers and toss away gleefully. Something about that idea makes me snicker.

Chris

thefarmer
01-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Until the critter picks it up, swings it at you and the feras goes off and fries your brain.

AestheticDeath
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I sold some of these not too long ago. You should be able to change what it holds between the hurling weapons with a verb of some sort. Unless there are a ton of different types of these things.

And on the spring loaded versions, some don't actually have springs. They had to have been added.

Nilandia
01-12-2008, 06:24 PM
You might be thinking of the hurling sheaths sold on the WD. These came before.

Gretchen

AestheticDeath
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
maybe