PDA

View Full Version : I'm Rolling Up BATMAN!

Soriel
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
When monks come out I'm definetly going for a Batman character.

Things I'll add for the character:

1.) A Voluminous Black Cloak with a Bat-shaped cowl

- Will need to be one of those cloaks that completely covers your description

2.) A dark black composite armor with a symbol of bat in flight against a yellow backdrop.

- crit padded double leather armors. I figure these will the best armor monks can wear.

3.) Dark black leather gauntlets with three razor sharp spikes protruding from the sides.

- Hopefully can alter some kind of brawling weapon into this.

4.) Dark black leather boots with a large "swoosh" symbol engraved on the side.

5.) A sturdy yellow and black composite belt with several pockets and holders attached to the sides.

-Utility belt, going to be pocketed large amount hopefully get it actioned so it simulates opening the pouches and getting stuff out.

6.) A bat-shaped throwing star.

- Thrown weapons.

7.) A jet black net attached to bat shaped weights

- One of those returning entangling bolas.

Anything else?

Hopefully monk spells and abilities will simulate Batman technology.

Asha
01-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I salute you, Sir.

Gelston
01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
A gay sidekick.

Soriel
01-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh I'm making Batman a Human black man for race.

Gelston
01-10-2008, 10:43 PM
That will be Shaft, not batman.

The Ponzzz
01-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Throwing stars aren't a noun for thrown weapons, nor are they a base.

Soriel
01-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Holy Tamoleys Batman! I just got the name Shaft.

B2
01-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Throwing stars aren't a noun for thrown weapons, nor are they a base.

YET.

Gelston
01-10-2008, 10:57 PM
As Ultima Online proved, you can keep a game going for a long time, just add ninjas.

Silvanostar
01-11-2008, 12:11 AM
thats what the ranger profession is for

Celephais
01-11-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't think you'll be able to get a "Swoosh" in an alteration... and posting this thread might not help your chances getting what you're looking for but the rest of them are reasonably IG (Yellow backdrop and flying bat might be tough). Try to get them altered while not wearing the rest, and obviously attempt the most difficult ones first (because getting the gloves is going to be easy).

Good luck! Can't wait to see you popping up in the bad rp thread :D

Soriel
01-11-2008, 10:21 AM
A dark figure arrives.

Brucewayne says, "Iam the night, Iam BATMAN !"

Brucewayne disppears in a puff of smoke! <-Monk ability!

It's gonna be great!

bluesmith
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Batman wears Nikes?

What do you all think...will they allow conversion to Monks from another professional?

Beguiler
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
What do you all think...will they allow conversion to Monks from another professional?

I'm going to conjecture clerics with brawl... It all depends on your/their definition of monks and their spiritual side as well as martial.

Personally, I'm going to start one from scratch, seems to me it would just be more fun to start at the beginning.

Soriel
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
No, they probably would everyone to start from 0th on up. Get more money that way. That and I wouldn't want people to convert. That way everyone has a FRESH start. Instead of people playing 5+ years getting another easy break.

BigWorm
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM

I hope not. I don't really have a good reason for it, other than the fact that, as someone else here said, the day they allow conversion to paladins was like the day that roleplay died. I understood why they allowed clerics (who used to be a pretty physical pure) to become paladins, but I don't see much reason for doing the same with monks.

Celephais
01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
No, they probably would everyone to start from 0th on up. Get more money that way. That and I wouldn't want people to convert. That way everyone has a FRESH start. Instead of people playing 5+ years getting another easy break.
Or they could offer conversions, and then a month later when everyone realizes they suck they could offer to let you pay a fuckton to convert back...

Or they could make monks badass and charge a fuckton to let anyone convert.

Besides, simu hasn't always done the best thing... regardless of if it makes them money or not.

I do hope they force you to start from scratch, but don't count on it.

BigWorm
01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Good, I was afraid I was alone in thinking this. When I mentioned this at Simucon, some people (Eugenides' player in particular) thought I was crazy, so I just figured it was a me thing.

BigWorm
01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Also, to get back on topic, you need to buy Mario's net so you can alter it for Batman.

Stanley Burrell
01-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Grappling hook?

Not sure I've actually seen one before, though.

Drew
01-11-2008, 06:59 PM
You'll never get the armor to be composite, just make it leather.

7Seconds
01-12-2008, 12:59 AM
When monks come out I'm definetly going for a Batman character.

Things I'll add for the character:

1.) A Voluminous Black Cloak with a Bat-shaped cowl

- Will need to be one of those cloaks that completely covers your description

2.) A dark black composite armor with a symbol of bat in flight against a yellow backdrop.

- crit padded double leather armors. I figure these will the best armor monks can wear.

3.) Dark black leather gauntlets with three razor sharp spikes protruding from the sides.

- Hopefully can alter some kind of brawling weapon into this.

4.) Dark black leather boots with a large "swoosh" symbol engraved on the side.

5.) A sturdy yellow and black composite belt with several pockets and holders attached to the sides.

-Utility belt, going to be pocketed large amount hopefully get it actioned so it simulates opening the pouches and getting stuff out.

6.) A bat-shaped throwing star.

- Thrown weapons.

7.) A jet black net attached to bat shaped weights

- One of those returning entangling bolas.

Anything else?

Hopefully monk spells and abilities will simulate Batman technology.

your probably going to want to pick up a feature concealing mask and have it altered into something like...

a narrow-eyed black half mask with long bat-like ear spikes

as for the belt go with something more like this;

a bright yellow components belt bulked by a black on yellow bat buckle

PS: Be forwarned, your going to need "Unicorn Power" more then a few times...