PDA

View Full Version : Man throws children off bridge

Gan
01-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Dad threw 4 tots off bridge for revenge, police say.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/CRIME/01/09/bridge.deaths.ap/art.luong.jpg

BAYOU LA BATRE, Alabama (AP) -- A man angered after a dispute with his wife confessed to tossing his four young children off a bridge, authorities said Wednesday as they searched murky waters for the bodies.

Lam Luong, 37, told authorities that he drove to the Dauphin Island bridge and dropped the children from a span that reaches 80 feet in places, said Detective Scott Rivera.

Missing and presumed dead were 4-month-old Danny Luong; 1-year-old Lindsey Luong; 2-year-old Hannah Luong; and 3-year-old Ryan Phan. Phan is not the man's biological child, but Luong raised him from infancy, authorities said.

Luong is charged with four counts of capital murder.

Luong came to coastal Alabama from Vietnam in 1984 and worked in the commercial fishing industry as a shrimper, Police Chief John Joyner and a relative said. He had argued with his wife, Ngoc Phan, before taking the children, he said.

Authorities were searching a 100-square-mile area and waters as deep as 55 feet. The search included divers and cadaver dogs in small boats, as well as three helicopters, Mobile County Sheriff Sam Cochran said.

Joyner said he feared the search of the Intracoastal Waterway below the bridge would be hampered by bad weather and choppy waters. The bridge extends from the mainland to Dauphin Island, which lies between the waterway and the Gulf of Mexico.

"It's been a nightmare," said Riva.

The couple lived with Phan's mother at Bayou La Batre, a fishing village with a large Southeast Asian community. Phan's brother-in-law Kam Phengsisomboun, who is from Thailand, said the couple moved back to the area from Hinesville, Georgia, only a couple of weeks ago.

They argued Sunday night and again Monday, he said. Luong left the home with two of the children, then later came back for the other two, he said.

The family initially feared the children had been traded to support a drug habit, Phengsisomboun said. Luong had a crack cocaine habit and had spent an insurance settlement from an automobile accident rapidly, he said, and authorities confirmed Luong had a history of drug offenses.

Luong reported the children missing Monday, and told police that a woman who had the children failed to return them, authorities said.

Phengsisomboun said he was later told by investigators that a witness had seen someone throw a bundle from the bridge and then saw three children in a nearby car.

Phan, 23, was in seclusion Wednesday morning at her mother's brick home, the front porch cluttered with children's shoes.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/09/bridge.deaths.ap/index.html

:(

I have a suggestion for his punishment. It involves a bridge as well.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/~steffl/pictures/anniversary2005/images/royal_gorge_bridge.jpg

Hulkein
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Talk about a sociopath.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Yet another reason why we need and should have the death penalty.

Asha
01-09-2008, 06:12 PM
You need a death bridge.
What a fucking shit.

thefarmer
01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Send him to prison and let his fellow inmates fuck him good then shank him to death. Even hardened criminals don't usually take kindly to kid killers/molesters.

Parkbandit
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Yet another reason why we need and should have the death penalty.

I just think if we hug him, he'll be ok. Give hugs a try!

Hulkein
01-09-2008, 06:55 PM
It'd be cheaper to let him rot away in a cell for the rest of his life. I'd rather be executed than that, personally.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Send him to prison and let his fellow inmates fuck him good then shank him to death. Even hardened criminals don't usually take kindly to kid killers/molesters.

Pretty much.

What a sick fuck.

Sean of the Thread
01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
What a bum rap he's getting. It's not his fault they were stupid kids.

With some teamwork and a little ingenuity these kids could have survived. Taking MacGyver off the air is part of what's wrong with America now days.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/save.jpg

Gan
01-09-2008, 07:36 PM
ROFL

Lysander
01-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Another Darkie ....his own kids! good lord ship them all out already.

Gan
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM

From the article.

Luong came to coastal Alabama from Vietnam in 1984...

Reading comprehension FTW.

Lyonis
01-09-2008, 11:45 PM

Because I’m sure no white guy ever killed his kids, dumb fuck.

In response to your avatar…I don’t know if he’s a Repub, but surely he’s a Nazi!!!

You’re so stupid it hurts. I don’t know if PB allows the “Dumb Shit Award” to be given twice in a single day, but you’ve earned it.

ViridianAsp
01-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Goddamn, you know, I can't help but think that in a way...that whole family is responsible for that psycho being near his children while using drugs...

I hope he gets what's coming to him.

RichardCranium
01-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Shoot him in the back of the head, bill his family for the bullet.

Atlanteax
01-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Yea, the primary reason why executions are found to be more expensive is the whole involvement of the appeals process and documentation.

If people commit such horrendous crimes... why *can't* they be punished with cruelty and unusualness?

What's needed is a dead-man's island. Where anyone convicted of such crimes are just sent there, as if a penal colony run by the inmates. Whether they rape/kill each other, no one cares, the hands are wiped clean once they're deported there.

(of course, there'll be a few patrol boats near the island, to pick up anyone who strays away and returns them to the island ... still far cheaper of an operation)

Gan
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Yea, the primary reason why executions are found to be more expensive is the whole involvement of the appeals process and documentation.

If people commit such horrendous crimes... why *can't* they be punished with cruelty and unusualness?

What's needed is a dead-man's island. Where anyone convicted of such crimes are just sent there, as if a penal colony run by the inmates. Whether they rape/kill each other, no one cares, the hands are wiped clean once they're deported there.

(of course, there'll be a few patrol boats near the island, to pick up anyone who strays away and returns them to the island ... still far cheaper of an operation)

Human ingenuity will dictate that there will always be a chance of escape.

There is no escape doing a free fall from 1000 feet off the royal gorge bridge with no bungee rope or parachute provided. 32 feet per second per second is a great vehicle to execution.

Tea & Strumpets
01-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Because I’m sure no white guy ever killed his kids, dumb fuck.

In response to your avatar…I don’t know if he’s a Repub, but surely he’s a Nazi!!!

You’re so stupid it hurts. I don’t know if PB allows the “Dumb Shit Award” to be given twice in a single day, but you’ve earned it.

I heard a nasty rumor about you when I asked Striphe where Cay was hiding...he said he suspects you are playing Gemstone!

Clove
01-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm in favor of pneumatic-powered guillotines. *pop* Dead. Instant, fool-proof, and cheap. Okay so its gorey for the witnesses, so what. If you're going to witness an execution, be prepared for brutality.

TheEschaton
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM

Excuse me? What? It's against the Constitution, dumb fuck.

Gan
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Thats right! Death by hugging!

:grouphug:

TheEschaton
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
If I wasn't sick, I'd respond, but my head's all fuzzy from the dayquil.

Methais
01-10-2008, 01:32 PM
They should force Emislity to sit on his face until he dies.

Gan
01-10-2008, 01:34 PM
They should force Emislity to sit on his face until he dies.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3/3strangedays/motivator242260.jpg

Nieninque
01-10-2008, 01:47 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again, I am against the death penalty, but people like this make me seriously rethink that.

On a related note, there is a programme on TV here tomorrow related to capital punishment and looking at humane ways to execute someone (of course, there remains the question of why you would want to do it humanely when you are dealing with cunts like this, but that's a different issue).

It looks at the four ways that capital punishment is currently used around the world and whether they are humane or not.

It basically says not and the most humane is to starve the brain of oxygen which can be done efficiently and humanely and quickly come to that. It is used to kill livestock at the moment.

Of course, then you think about why a piece of garbage like this should be afforded the good graces afforded to a chicken.

Yeah...carry on.

TheEschaton
01-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Because there is no reason to sink to the level of the person who commits such a horrendous act, other than the negative emotion of revenge and vindication, and many reasons to respect the dignity inherent to all human beings?

-TheE-

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Excuse me? What? It's against the Constitution, dumb fuck.

Would you say that this respects the dignity inherent to all human beings?

Stanley Burrell
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Because there is no reason to sink to the level of the person who commits such a horrendous act, other than the negative emotion of revenge and vindication, and many reasons to respect the dignity inherent to all human beings?

-TheE-

I'm still pneumonic from this East Coast lung cold and I have to say that this is only really acceptable if Ng, Ng2, Ng3 and Ng4 were playing as Oddjob in Goldeneye.

If I bang some face-painted concubine, I'm naming my bastard children Ng to spite them for playing Oddjob. Bastards.

Lysander
01-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Pol Pot decimated 3 million people over dinner...

Mao killed more people then Hitler and Stalin combined...

Genghis Khan once slew 1/5th of mankind with just sword and flame...

When will we realize that we are all different. We should all embrace our differences,celebrate our diversity, and understand that mixing our wonderful differences can only lead to sadness and despair.

Stanley Burrell
01-10-2008, 03:26 PM

When will we realize that we are all different. We should all embrace our differences,celebrate our diversity, and understand that mixing our wonderful differences can only lead to sadness and despair.

I dunno whether or not your avatar is being serious or witty, but I'd like to take the time to point out God as being a Buddhist:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa222/Setian_Sins/God.jpg

That is all. For now.

thefarmer
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Something tells me you got turned down for teh cyberz by some (insert non-white race) chick over your repeated IMs.

Sean of the Thread
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM

And abortion in the United States alone has accounted for 50,000,000 deaths.

Gan
01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Insert viability debate here.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
01-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Insert viability debate here.

Women who miscarry should be tried for manslaughter!!one1

BigWorm
01-10-2008, 05:00 PM
I dunno whether or not your avatar is being serious or witty

I REALLY hope he thinks that its serious, because if you look at the picture, its evoking the imagery of fascism in Nazi Germany and obviously was created to satirize the situation. However, judging by his much more reasonable second comment in this thread, I think he understands the meaning. I'm sure we'll find out shortly if it stays or goes.

Lyonis
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I heard a nasty rumor about you when I asked Striphe where Cay was hiding...he said he suspects you are playing Gemstone!

It's true :) If you see Cay logged in, it's most likely one of my little cousins, I gave them access to the account.

Hulkein
01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Is the playing Gemstone again true too?

I, for some very strange reason, have had an urge to reactivate. I've been ignoring it for a few months because it usually goes away but I still think about it once in a while.

Stanley Burrell
01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I REALLY hope he thinks that its serious, because if you look at the picture, its evoking the imagery of fascism in Nazi Germany and obviously was created to satirize the situation. However, judging by his much more reasonable second comment in this thread, I think he understands the meaning. I'm sure we'll find out shortly if it stays or goes.

I kind of thought it was that obvious. Kinda comical if uneducated seriousness applies though, that is to say versus the not-me Ben element (our cute, fuzzy Nazi poster.) I am a Benjamin. I am tired of people besmirching my good name. I am perfectly capable of besmirching my name on my own, kthnx.

Also, drigore definitely wins for avatars a lot.

Lyonis
01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again, I am against the death penalty, but people like this make me seriously rethink that.

He’s definitely earned it and I hope it hurts really bad.

Is the playing Gemstone again true too?

I, for some very strange reason, have had an urge to reactivate. I've been ignoring it for a few months because it usually goes away but I still think about it once in a while.

I’ve actually been having quite a bit of fun. There was nothing left for me to do in WoW but raid, and after doing that regularly for a couple years it just seemed too much like a job.

Soriel
01-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Reread his second post again carefully, I don't know about his other posts but from that comment alone and the avatar he might be a racist or at least very very right wing.

...And I like women when they are dancing around for money with nothing but a piece of string up their cute butts...