PDA

View Full Version : RPA's

Anebriated
01-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Just out of curiosity is it better to use RPA's while on your gift of lumnis or to just use it when you get it? I know people have stacked em and whatnot just wondering what the results were. Also how long do they generally last?

Fallen
01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
RPAs differ from XXX as they typically drop by .5x. So if you get a 3x RPA, you will go to 2.5x, then 2, then 1.5x. How long an RPA lasts depends on how large of one you receive. RPAs stack on top of each other, but they do not multiply. A 2x RPA and a 3x RPA will give you 5x absorption. Pretty insane if you throw in 3x XXX.

In terms of waiting for your XXX to start, I would say go for it, but do absolutely nothing but maximize every second of that XXX as best you can as you're burning through both benefits at once.

Asha
01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
God I remember when I got from 96-98 in just over a day thanks to that.

Anebriated
01-09-2008, 12:48 PM
well it seems it was just a little one. Maybe just some bonus exp and not a real bonus. Oh well, free exp is good exp. :(

Necromancer
01-09-2008, 05:58 PM
RPAs and XXX stack, just as RPAs stack with other RPAs. They don't act as multipliers for each other. So a 3x XXX and a 3x RPA will amount to a 6x absorption, not a 9x absorption. RPAs also have set limits based on the amount of EXP you absorb unlike XXX which has a limit set on time.

So the gist is basically that it doesn't matter if you wait or not; there will be no difference in the end.

Fallen
01-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Well, it is the difference between hunting for 3 hours, or 6 hours if you had a 3x RPA and a 3x XXX and done them together, or both separately.

Drunken Durfin
01-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Okay, so what is the trick to getting them in the first place?

I have gotten several RPA's over the years, but nothing compared to some of the posts that I have seen. Is there some RPA consortium? Does it involve going down on a GM at Simucon (if so, not happening) or something?

Somebody throw the dwarf a bone.

The Ponzzz
01-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Play Platinum.

diethx
01-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Play Platinum.

And yet there's that giant downside to your suggestion...

...it's only good in plat.

Anebriated
01-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Dunno last night was just having some fun yapping about with 2 other bog hunters. GM char(we didnt know it) came in and tried to join our hunt and eventually worked his way into our group. My two hunting partners didnt even want the extra group member taking him for a noob. We hunted for a bit then he asked if we wanted to go grab a drink at the inn. We went and instead of the roofies cocktail that I expected he offered to embellish an item for each of us. After it was all done he gave all 3 of us a RPA which was just straight exp apparently(still only got about 40/pulse on node after that). Was kinda fun, was pretty much given for our constant bickering back and forth all night.

Necromancer
01-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Just RP proactive

Necromancer
01-10-2008, 02:58 AM
ork to engage those around you, and you'll get RPAs. It sounds trite, but it's the best advice.

That Jay
01-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Just RP proactive

Play it forward.